Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you eating or drinking something?
"he has better ball control than nearly everyone in our team"?????????
"His pass and move is superior"???????

Now having the words "Lamela" and "Superior" in the same sentence is absolute criminal unless one means "Lamela is superior sh**"

Are you watching Spurs matches? Gimmie a break....amazing how people can write such thing

:cool:
fence sitter

He needs a proper right back to play in front of. Not having one means he must stay further back. The only way to get around this (until Walker's match fit) will be to play him as a striker.

Are you eating or drinking something?
"he has better ball control than nearly everyone in our team"?????????
"His pass and move is superior"???????

Now having the words "Lamela" and "Superior" in the same sentence is absolute criminal unless one means "Lamela is superior sh**"

Are you watching Spurs matches? Gimmie a break....amazing how people can write such thing

:cool:
And you said sack MP and bring in Kloppe or FDB to maintain top 4 and win trophies.
It's the player's mate. Have you not been watching them play the same way under 3 different coaching styles?

I would think Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Man city and Woolwich have more expectation to be top 4 than we do. The last time we won back to back trophies was in 80/1 81/2

I actually agree with this. Id even go as far as to say Taarabt moved the ball quicker and drove forward more effecttively.

Not writing lamela off, but I think he needs a time out. Get his mojo back in the cups.

I don’t think its that fare a comparison. Taarabt was a selfish player with zero inclination to do any dog work. He had one good season at QPR in the championship and that was because Warnock designed the whole team around him and it suited his ego.

At least Lamela puts in a shift in defensively, even if he looks like he’s gonna get sent off within five minutes!

Last edited:
Thinking it might be time to pillage one of the Milan clubs for Lamela's services and using the loot on Shaqiri

Like Soldado with La liga , Lamela might just he best suited for the lumbering Serie A

Like Bale and Forest? Thank goodness dodgy pockets didn't get his way.

Do you have any idea how young Lamela is?

Comparing Bale to Lamela ? Oh my.

You drunk ?

In the end , it wouldn't be a terrible comparison if they were close from a pace perspective. That's where Bale separates him in spades not too mention was better technically at age 22

At 22, Bale was running riot in San Siro. Meanwhile, at that same age, clubs like Crystal Palace n Hull city make Lamela look awfully ordinary. Burn baby. Burn

Last edited:
Comparing Bale to Lamela ? Oh my.

You drunk ?
It's about potential - he's still very young. Players only reach their prime by 25-27 anyway. Bale was pants for 3 years, mind you...

This instant gratification attitude in society nowadays is pathetic - unless we're winning every game 3:0 - Poch out, eh?

Writing off a player of his quality and potential at 21 is laughable - stop embarassing yourself - you sound like a FIFA pre-teen fanboy, mate

It's about potential - he's still very young. Players only reach their prime by 25-27 anyway. Bale was pants for 3 years, mind you...

This instant gratification attitude in society nowadays is pathetic - unless we're winning every game 3:0 - Poch out, eh?

Writing off a player of his quality and potential at 21 is laughable - stop embarassing yourself - you sound like a FIFA pre-teen fanboy, mate

Get your facts straight. He'll be 23 in March. A slight difference vs being 21.

And when you come with a big old price tag, the expectations are set. Unfair at times , but that's the deal with big time money.

And feel free to continue with your petty shots at me. In the end , you actually are the one that comes off like pre-teen fanboy, numbnuts.

Just remember what Bale was doing at 22 and look at that same Lamela today. A big time reach arguing that Lamela has the same potential as Bale at that same age

Last edited:
Fight fight !

THEY'RE BREAKDANCE FIGHTING !!
They%2527re+breakdance+fighting.png

Get your facts straight. He'll be 23 in March. A slight difference vs being 21.

And when you come with a big old price tag, the expectations are set. Unfair at times , but that's the deal with big time money.

And feel free to continue with your petty shots at me. In the end , you actually are the one that comes off like pre-teen fanboy, numbnuts.

Just remember what Bale was doing at 22 and look at that same Lamela today. A big time reach arguing that Lamela has the same potential as Bale at that same age
I never said he has the same potential as Bale - simply showcased one of the thousands of players who have only matured into their mid 20s. No one sane would write a player off that young - it is laughable any way your try and spin it. Look at Ronaldo even.

Not to mention how determined you are to be proven right in one of your own failing

He needs a proper right back to play in front of. Not having one means he must stay further back. The only way to get around this (until Walker's match fit) will be to play him as a striker.

He's not a right winger at all, whether with a good right back or not. Watch his runs from the right, he cuts inside, rolls his foot over the ball and loses it. He rarely passes to the right back at the best of times.

He's a little better on the left as he stays out wide. But I agree, he needs to play as a 10 or a striker.

I never said he has the same potential as Bale - simply showcased one of the thousands of players who have only matured into their mid 20s. No one sane would write a player off that young - it is laughable any way your try and spin it. Look at Ronaldo even.

Not to mention how determined you are to be proven right in one of your own failing
I'm not writing him off actually. He might come good somewhere but it's not gonna happen at Tottenham.

Maybe if he is used differently , there might be some hope. But Eriksen should be the preferred CAM and that makes Lamela expendable for me.

And like I said earlier, Bale was dropping a CL hat trick in San siro at the age of 22. And If u watched lamela vs that minnow Crystal Palace, his development is a far cry from where Bale was at that same age.

I'm not writing him off actually. He might come good somewhere but it's not gonna happen at Tottenham.

Maybe if he is used differently , there might be some hope. But Eriksen should be the preferred CAM and that makes Lamela expendable for me.

And like I said earlier, Bale was dropping a CL hat trick in San siro at the age of 22. And If u watched lamela vs that minnow Crystal Palace, his development is a far cry from where Bale was at that same age.

Comparisons are beyond pointless, I'm not sure why people feel the need.

99% of players are shit when compared to Bale. He is probably the third best player in the world, for me.

Also, lets try view things in context here. Bale knew the language, knew the country had huge pace and what not and even then it took him years to come good and only then when he was moved from LB to LW. What is Lamela's position? I don't know, you don't know, he doesn't know and Poch doesn't know. That's what we're trying to find out.

Comparisons are beyond pointless, I'm not sure why people feel the need.

99% of players are shit when compared to Bale. He is probably the third best player in the world, for me.

Also, lets try view things in context here. Bale knew the language, knew the country had huge pace and what not and even then it took him years to come good and only then when he was moved from LB to LW. What is Lamela's position? I don't know, you don't know, he doesn't know and Poch doesn't know. That's what we're trying to find out.

We paid 30 large for a guy we still dont even know how to use a year and half later ....slightly focked

We paid 30 large for a guy we still dont even know how to use a year and half later ....slightly focked

1 year inured/not playing. Under a manager that never played him at first, to a manager who didn't rate him and then he got injured. And you expect him to be pulling up trees?

What's been fucked is our luck and how he's had 3 managers in a year. This has impacted on all of our squad and signings, for the worst. Positive about Lamela is that he's young and passionate. He's been extremely unlucky not to score more goals this year. I still hold out some hope for him, would be a bit stupid to sell him in the summer and lose money.

Does anyone else remember when Ronaldo used to only ever do step-overs for Utd and everyone slated him? Everyone on here giving Lamela stick for attempting skills, I personally see it as a good sign. The more skills he is attempting the more he is growing in confidence and is feeling comfortable enough to do it in a match, surely that is a positive?
Ronaldo didn't cost 30m

Ronaldo didn't cost 30m

He cost £12 million. You need to bare in mind Ronaldo scored 3 goals in his only senior year at Sporting. Lamela got 15. Then add inflation..then again, they bought Ronaldo when he was like 18, Lamela was 21. Seems a bit daft comparing Lamela to either Bale or Ronaldo, talk about pressure.

Back
Top Bottom