Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela not knowing how to speak a word of English really is a problem.
I just hope he learns it very quickly, so that he can soon fit into the team.

So, seriously ... how long do you guys think it would take a player nowadays to learn a new language (i.e. English)???

It's not that big a problem, plenty of players and even managers don't speak the native language when they move.

Pochettino made Southampton awesome last season whilst speaking through a translator.

I thought Adkins was doing a superb job there and that it was madness to sack him mid season.

I do stand by the point, but there is no denying the new guy has come in and taken them up a level - huge call to make by SCBC but clearly the right one

I thought Adkins was doing a superb job there and that it was madness to sack him mid season.

I do stand by the point, but there is no denying the new guy has come in and taken them up a level - huge call to make by SCBC but clearly the right one

Yes, many words have been eaten on my part too. Apparently the board put a lot of time and effort into sourcing who Adkin's replacement would be before he was let go and his sacking was all about trying to achieve progression rather than bailing the team out of a bad situation. Which sort of sucks, but as you said, you can't deny it's paid off so far.

Last edited:
No Axel. Is Brian really his brother? I thought that was all a big hoax

New Tottenham Hotspur signing Erik Lamela suffered a terrifying ordeal on the eve of his White Hart Lane debut after his brother was kidnapped by armed carjackers and held for ransom.

Lamela, 21, who joined Spurs from Roma for a club record £30 million, came off the bench late on as Andre Villas-Boas’ men secured a 2-0 win over Norwich on Saturday.

However, the Argentina international’s preparations for the big occasion were hit on Friday night with the news his 18-year-old brother Axel was taken at gunpoint in their nation’s capital.

The criminals kidnapped Axel from his BMW in the Vicente Lopez area of Buenos Aires, according to reports in Italy. Axel was held prisoner for several hours but released once a ransom of 5,000 pesos (£550) was paid.

It is believed the kidnapping was not due to Axel’s high profile footballer brother but simply because of the expensive car he was driving.

The younger Lamela’s mobile phone was used to call his family and demand the ransom; he was released on Friday evening once payment was received.

Erik and Axel’s older brother, Brian Lamela, said: “They told us to get the ransom money and make sure the police were not involved. They came to our front door to collect the money.

“They did not cover their faces and the security cameras at our house recorded them. My brother is calm. All of us think it was a random incident -- they simply kidnapped him for the car and nothing else.”

Anyone else real excited after our attacking and skilful play yesterday all without actually seeing what this geezer can do. With City, Chelsea, Utd all looking far from invincible it's all looking good

Didn't see the game

How did he look when he was on?
He only had about ten minutes, but he had a couple of neat little touches, got a great reception, hope he can live up to the hype. Don't think the lingo thing will be a big problem on the pitch, he only needs to know a few to get by, and using his eyes is much more important than using his ears when actually playing!

Back
Top Bottom