Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela not knowing how to speak a word of English really is a problem.
I just hope he learns it very quickly, so that he can soon fit into the team.

So, seriously ... how long do you guys think it would take a player nowadays to learn a new language (i.e. English)???

On the bright side, there are more than a handful of players that speak Spanish on the side, but yeah,the quicker they can get him speaking English the better. He'll be fine.

it usually takes 3 months to communicate normally in a new language
Tell it to Tevez.

I would say 6-12 months.
It usually takes 360 hours of lessons to get to Intermediate level.
That all depends on how young you are and also how adept you are at languages.
I learnt how to hold simple conversations in german in less than a week when I was about 13 for instance. I've since forgotten it all through non-use and useless teachers at school who knew less than us the students.

not worried about the language barrier tbh he can communicate with afew people already and I'm sure it won't be hard to teach him "pass me the fuckn ball Kyle"

it's not like the bloke has to beable to carry out in depth conversations on the pitch, most importantly for me anyway is the fact AVB and him can already talk directly

has a real presence about him on the pitch too like he knows he's the fuckn shit and will rape this league, can't wait for him to get a start/full 90

Lamela needs time, it might take him a while to fully integrate and fit into the team. I don't think we'll see the best of him till next season. Could be wrong hope I'm wrong and he settles soon.

Lamela needs time, it might take him a while to fully integrate and fit into the team. I don't think we'll see the best of him till next season. Could be wrong hope I'm wrong and he settles soon.

We'll see, but AVB seems good at integrating players in and having them playing to their potential in no time at all. Eriksen was mustard today and Lamela probably only got such a small cameo because of his long distance travels on international duty. I think he'll be rapen defenders in a month or 2 tops.

Back
Top Bottom