Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bullshit comment , this is a Lamela thread I'm discussing Lamela , define critism and give evidence or wind ya neck in.

Bullshit?

Lol.

My bad, you're right, you're a beacon of occasional, yet measured, constructive critique aren't you?

You want evidence?... This whole thread is a dossier of evidence. I shan't further pander to your miserable fucking game.

Wzw7rut.gif

Decent finish from a square ball...

But we were already up 2-0 vs a shit team so..

Wzw7rut.gif

Decent finish from a square ball...

But we were already up 2-0 vs a shit team so..
Fucking loved the goal, I remember just feeling so relaxed as soon as it went in.

Erik is a fucking good player, and I just have this feeling we are going to see him go the distance this season, and that the CL is going to be where he shines.

The unsubstantiated claims continue , maybe you'd like to debate at length the definition of irony and hypocrisy , you'd no doubt enjoy that ! It might help you untwist your knickers.

Note: You've had the same accusations levelled against you by others on this very thread today; if you'd rather hide behind the fact that someone you have previous with just happens to be of the same opinion, then you go girl.

I'm perfectly chilled and happy; I'm content that I made my point a number of posts back.

You carry on seeing what you want to see, fella... In the meantime, I'll carry on spending the majority of my time here crackin' jokes and having a giggle, listening to great music and finding nuggets of info thanks to some pretty cool and informed posters.

[Welcome to my ignore list.... final word is yours...]

Last edited:
Am I the only one who really doesn't give a fuck how many goals Lamela scores?

Lamela can assist like no one else in our team. He came on against Leicester last season, back from injury, and instantly provided an assist to get us the win. He came on last week for a few minutes, instantly gets an assist.

After 80 mins of frustration and stout defending, Lamela can come on and break a team in minutes.

He is not a prolific goal scorer. He never will be. But he is the single best player I have ever witnessed when it comes to through-balls and playing people in at the PERFECT moment.

when the ball's been squared to him and he's scuffed it, so players probably are less likely to square it to him.

So his poor goal return can't really be blamed on him, if what you're saying is true.

I remember Kane scuffing a fair few chances, yet he isn't eternally condemned by his team mates. I've seen Lamela make so many good runs and no one passes to him...

So his poor goal return can't really be blamed on him, if what you're saying is true.

I remember Kane scuffing a fair few chances, yet he isn't eternally condemned by his team mates. I've seen Lamela make so many good runs and no one passes to him...
How in the world are you comparing Kane's and Lamela's finishing ability. Kane has scored countless brilliant goals and Lamela has maybe scored a couple decent shots. The single best player ever when it comes to through balls? Come on. It makes all your pro-Lamela stuff come off as ridiculous. At least try to be objective.

Lamela can assist like no one else in our team. He came on against Leicester last season, back from injury, and instantly provided an assist to get us the win. He came on last week for a few minutes, instantly gets an assist.

After 80 mins of frustration and stout defending, Lamela can come on and break a team in minutes.

He is not a prolific goal scorer. He never will be. But he is the single best player I have ever witnessed when it comes to through-balls and playing people in at the PERFECT moment.

Ever? Damn. That's some high praise.
I do agree that he is fantastic at making some plays though.
He definitely has been ignored on many a good run. This has seemed to be improving over this past year.

Assists are basically the same as goals in my book cause somebody had to score it.
There is no assist without a goal at the end.
I'm very happy with the new old Lamela.

Kane scores all the time tho, Lamela has 10 goals an 21 assists in 5 years and has only been fit for around 60 % of matches that for me is the bottom line and isn't good enough. Needs a big season to justify his place in the squad for me and he's very lucky to even have the chance.

We lost that game 2-1.

Kane scores all the time tho, Lamela has 10 goals an 21 assists in 5 years and has only been fit for around 60 % of matches that for me is the bottom line and isn't good enough. Needs a big season to justify his place in the squad for me and he's very lucky to even have the chance.
I think Lamela is a good player that give it all in the pitch and he deserve is place in the squad at least , it not like we have a lot of talent that he hold up also ..

Eriks off the ball movement has always been tremendous and he's often found himself in great positions without receiving the ball. Rarely does he criticise those around him for choosing other options or not having the vision to see his runs though. He'd definitely have a fair few more goals for Spurs if players were on the same wavelength as him during these moments, but sometimes these things just aren't meant to be.

I Don't agree with that Baz , amazing is overselling it , He was great in his cameo against Fulham but he has some real shit games inbetween his good performances , he needs a big season with plenty of consistency I won't be eulogising him until he produces one.

I think this is the right attitude.

Personally I like what I've seen from Lamela in bits and pieces, but we do need to see it more consistently.

Regarding the fitness debate - there are two sides to the story, on the one hand he's unlucky with all the injuries he's had. Off the top of my head, I can't think what type of injuries they were, but certain injuries a player can do a little extra, to try to prevent them. For example if it's lots of muscle injuries then maybe adding some yoga or something like that in to your routine, can really help. Can't believe the number of people I know who go to the gym to lift heavy weights, but are constantly injured, because they don't stretch properly. I would hope the medical staff at the club would add that aspect to a players training schedule and I would hope that a player would follow this advise, as otherwise it can be a very short career.

Lamela is a great footballer and has had a handful of standout performances, the only criticisms I have are that he is quite selfish in front of goal when there are clearly better options and he has a tendency to overplay instead of passing.

Back
Top Bottom