Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Lamela’s start to the season and hope he does well this year, but his finishing is really poor and needs to be improved for him to take a step up. It’s like he never really learned how to strike a ball and keepers know his only shot is the curler so he’s easy to read.

I'd like to see how often he actually shoots per game. I don't think he's a bad finisher but someone of his ability should be scoring alot more, I agree.

Lennon was another one though. He was actually a good finisher but didn't shoot enough. Was very unselfish.

I don't care how many years he's been here. That's irrelevant when he's completed 11+ games in only 2 of them, the two he did, he got a goal or assist every other game, which is pretty respectable, is it not?

Is his output the weakest out of Son, Eriksen and Dele? Yes. Not one single person would argue otherwise. Not sure how that means he isn't good enough for our squad.

Amazingly, the internet is full of stats of professional footballers.

Who knew?
Stats showing game minutes per season? You must know some better sites than me

I said him being here for 5 years is irrelevant. He missed one of those years due to injury for a start.

If he's injured then how can he perform!? I'd rather focus on what he can do when fit and playing. It only seems to be those who want to bash Lamela that bring up either his injury record, his price tag or the fact he isn't top of our charts when he was Eriksen, Son and Dele ahead of him.

Id say when fit Lamela is more than reliable. But damn him for getting injured !!!!

Like saying a plasterer with a dodgy shoulder is reliable when he's able to work Craig !

Lamela isn't reliable because he's frequently injured not his fault but still a reliability issue , for him to have a future at Spurs his fitness/reliability and his end product must improve , can't really see how it's even disputeable.

Like saying a plasterer with a dodgy shoulder is reliable when he's able to work Craig !

Lamela isn't reliable because he's frequently injured not his fault but still a reliability issue , for him to have a future at Spurs his fitness/reliability and his end product must improve , can't really see how it's even disputeable.

Well he's signed a new deal so Pochettino is probably happy with what he sees.

If he stays fit and is played. I'm confident he can do it but he's got more competition then he's ever had. I mean Eriksen just about gets double digits in both and he's played more than anyone.

All depends on who's played and where. Lucas, Son, Lamela, Eriksen and Dele. Not all of them are getting 10+ for goals and assists. If they all did, we'd win the league.

Yes they are. Well, Son Eriksen and Dele are. Leave Lucas out for the mo on the stats, he's only played a handful of matches.

Most of the time those 3 get PL double figures just for goals.

Last 2 PL seasons:

Son: 26 goals;
Eriksen: 18 goals;
Dele: 27 goals.

Lucas scored 21 goals last 2 full seasons at PSG. From what little we've seen of him so far, he's got pace, 2 good feet, no shortage of effort. He'll do very well here imo.

Yes they are. Well, Son Eriksen and Dele are. Leave Lucas out for the mo on the stats, he's only played a handful of matches.

Most of the time those 3 get PL double figures just for goals.

Last 2 PL seasons:

Son: 26 goals;
Eriksen: 18 goals;
Dele: 27 goals.

Lucas scored 21 goals last 2 full seasons at PSG. From what little we've seen of him so far, he's got pace, 2 good feet, no shortage of effort. He'll do very well here imo.

Son only got 6 assists last season.

So we only had Eriksen and Dele who got 10+ goals and 10+ assists.

So I'll stand by what I said thanks. If Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lucas and Lamela all got 10+ goals and 10+ assists, we'd win the league or the very least a cup. Because that's incredible output. That's involvement in 100 goals between them and that's not even mentioning Harry Kane.

Son only got 6 assists last season.

So we only had Eriksen and Dele who got 10+ goals and 10+ assists.

So I'll stand by what I said thanks. If Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lucas and Lamela all got 10+ goals and 10+ assists, we'd win the league or the very least a cup. Because that's incredible output. That's involvement in 100 goals between them and that's not even mentioning Harry Kane.

Can't be bothered to do the maths, and just feel like being pedantic for the sake of it, but the highlighted part is not neccessarily true.

For example if Eriksen has 10 assists for Dele's 10 goals and vice versa, then between them they are only involved in 20 goals, rather than 40.

Can't be bothered to do the maths, and just feel like being pedantic for the sake of it, but the highlighted part is not neccessarily true.

For example if Eriksen has 10 assists for Dele's 10 goals and vice versa, then between them they are only involved in 20 goals, rather than 40.

But I was talking about 10+ goals and 10+ assists for each player - which is what superstaryid was saying he wants to see back from Lamela this season.

That in itself is very rare - I mean only a select few players in the Premier League manage stats like that - expecting that from five players in our team when only 3 of them will likely be playing at any one time is ridiculous.

I'd be happy with:

Dele - 15+ goals and 10+ assists.
Eriksen - 10+ goals and 10+ assists.
Son - 10+ goals and 5+ assists (Due to his time away)
Lucas - 15+ goals and 5+ assists
Lamela - 10+ goals and 5+ assists
Kane - 40+ goals and 5+ assists

I think that's rather realistic. That's in all competitions.

List of players in Englands top league who got double digit goals and assists last season:

De Bruyne, Sane, David Silva, Sterling (Man City)
Alli, Eriksen (Spurs)
Salah, Firmino (Liverpool)
Mahrez (Leicester)

If you were just talking about 10+ goals combined between goals and assists then yes. I would expect pretty much all of our attacking players to manage that across all competitions next season and it'd be a great help on Kane especially.

there go the goalposts.

no point arguing against an agenda so i'm out.

Hows it an agenda? his fitness has been a big issue regardless of the fact his injuries weren't his fault.

Andy Carroll , Kieron Dier , Jack Wilshire do I have an agenda against those sicknotes or do facts only become agendas when Lamela is involved?

Hows it an agenda? his fitness has been a big issue regardless of the fact his injuries weren't his fault.

Andy Carroll , Kieron Dier , Jack Wilshire do I have an agenda against those sicknotes or do facts only become agendas when Lamela is involved?

is there a gun to the head emoji on here?

If there is make sure you pull the trigger you boring cunt.

Man, you are ruthless.

You guys disagree, but support the same team and should support Lamela no matter what.

Does he produce enough? Some love his style and some don't.

Can he stay healthy? Some have strong feelings about this and some wish him the best.

Can we all agree that he is good to have in the squad? I would say there is 20% of our fanbase that is still fussed that he is not Bale.

Either way, let's see what he can do this year in the midfield, in the attacking front, or at left back. Poch will find a way for him to contribute and barring any injury, he will be a great member of the squad.

BTW he would have had twice as many assists in that 2015 season if his teammates finished the chances. The first 3 minutes of the video posted a couple pages back is full of sublime passes.

Like him or not, Poch clearly loves him and rates him highly. Personally, I have an illogical and irrational desire to see him do well..more so than almost any other player. I can't explain it but he's had more of my patience and good will than soldado or chadli etc

Back
Top Bottom