Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why? To fit your agenda?

Then again, taking away his goal against Qarabag puts him on 10 goals and 10 assists for 15/16.

Anything else you want to dismiss? The lengths Spurs fans will go to dismiss a players stats is mind boggling.

Shall we take away the majority of Kanes European goals for us? I mean they were mostly scored against 'farmers'

What's the agenda ?
Comparing to Kane laughable his goalscoring at all levels speaks for itself pathetic argument Craig

Lamela has 10 goals in 107 games in the PL previously 8 in 106
9 in 25 in the Europa league tells you all you need to know.

What's the agenda ?
Comparing to Kane laughable his goalscoring at all levels speaks for itself pathetic argument Craig

Lamela has 10 goals in 107 games in the PL previously 8 in 106
9 in 25 in the Europa league tells you all you need to know.

I wasn't comparing Kanes goalscoring record. Go read the post again.

Tells me he probably shouldn't be playing further forward. Amazingly, what the whole discussion is about.

lucille-portable.gif

I wasn't comparing Kanes goalscoring record. Go read the post again.

Tells me he probably shouldn't be playing further forward. Amazingly, what the whole discussion is about.

lucille-portable.gif

Yeah point proven dipshit ! Lamela was brought in as an attacking player but hasn't delivered so let's play him in central midfield ! Despite the fact he's never played their and has no proven track record ! Maybe we should keep Nkoudou and develop him into a wing back whilst we're at it , laughable.

Lamela needs to score ten goals combined in the PL & Europe this season , without Europa league to bump up his numbers the evidence of his previous record in English football suggests you shouldn't expect him to achieve this, quite simple Craig.

Yeah point proven dipshit ! Lamela was brought in as an attacking player but hasn't delivered so let's play him in central midfield ! Despite the fact he's never played their and has no proven track record ! Maybe we should keep Nkoudou and develop him into a wing back whilst we're at it , laughable.

Lamela needs to score ten goals combined in the PL & Europe this season , without Europa league to bump up his numbers the evidence of his previous record in English football suggests you shouldn't expect him to achieve this, quite simple Craig.

I said he has characteristics that would suit playing on the left of a midfield three. You don't. Amazingly on an Internet forum where discussions are had, that's fine.

I think 10 combined goals and assists is reasonable and achievable in a fully fit season. I mean, he's been here 5 years and got:

2017/2018: 4 combined in equivalent of 10 games.

2016/2017: 4 combined in equivalent of 9 games.

2015/2016: 20 combined in equivalent of 33 games.

2014/2015: 11 combined in equivalent of 29 games.

2013/2014: 4 combined in equivalent of 8 games.

Infact, I'd be rather disappointed if he doesn't get over 10 combined if he's fully fit all season and getting minutes.

I said he has characteristics that would suit playing on the left of a midfield three. You don't. Amazingly on an Internet forum where discussions are had, that's fine.

I think 10 combined goals and assists is reasonable and achievable in a fully fit season. I mean, he's been here 5 years and got:

Infact, I'd be rather disappointed if he doesn't get over 10 combined if he's fully fit all season and getting minutes.

That makes little sense to me Craig , Equivalent ?

Lamela doesn't have 43 goals for Spurs.

Sorry I thought we were talking 10 goals and 10 assists , 10 total is absolutely pitiful for a player in his position

If he stays fit and is played. I'm confident he can do it but he's got more competition then he's ever had. I mean Eriksen just about gets double digits in both and he's played more than anyone.

All depends on who's played and where. Lucas, Son, Lamela, Eriksen and Dele. Not all of them are getting 10+ for goals and assists. If they all did, we'd win the league.

Im not fussed about goals scored as long as he gets assists though. A goal is a goal. I couldn't care less who's on the end of it.

Stats aren't the be all and end all though. Sissoko was statistically our best central midfielder last season ahead of Dembele, Dier, Wanyama and Winks yet we'd all agree he's the worst out of the 5.

If he stays fit and is played. I'm confident he can do it but he's got more competition then he's ever had. I mean Eriksen just about gets double digits in both and he's played more than anyone.

All depends on who's played and where. Lucas, Son, Lamela, Eriksen and Dele. Not all of them are getting 10+ for goals and assists. If they all did, we'd win the league.

Im not fussed about goals scored as long as he gets assists though. A goal is a goal. I couldn't care less who's on the end of it.

Stats aren't the be all and end all though. Sissoko was statistically our best central midfielder last season ahead of Dembele, Dier, Wanyama and Winks yet we'd all agree he's the worst out of the 5.

You've been throwing stats at me the whole time Craig now you are dismissing them ! They are not the be all and end all but some are very telling , Lamela has 21 PL assists and 10 Goals in 5 years as a Spurs player , that's poor , he needs to stay fit and improve his end product significantly if he is to warrant a place in our squad there is no getting around that , even in his best season his end product wasn't great.

How do you crunch these numbers so fast? Are you an autistic mathematical genius, the board's rainman, or do you have some humongous database ready to go at any moment to win a pointless internet debate?

You've been throwing stats at me the whole time Craig now you are dismissing them ! They are not the be all and end all but some are very telling , Lamela has 21 PL assists and 10 Goals in 5 years as a Spurs player , that's poor , he needs to stay fit and improve his end product significantly if he is to warrant a place in our squad there is no getting around that , even in his best season his end product wasn't great.

I don't care how many years he's been here. That's irrelevant when he's completed 11+ games in only 2 of them, the two he did, he got a goal or assist every other game, which is pretty respectable, is it not?

Is his output the weakest out of Son, Eriksen and Dele? Yes. Not one single person would argue otherwise. Not sure how that means he isn't good enough for our squad.

How do you crunch these numbers so fast? Are you an autistic mathematical genius, the board's rainman, or do you have some humongous database ready to go at any moment to win a pointless internet debate?

Amazingly, the internet is full of stats of professional footballers.

Who knew?

I don't care how many years he's been here. That's irrelevant when he's completed 11+ games in only 2 of them, the two he did, he got a goal or assist every other game, which is pretty respectable, is it not?

Is his output the weakest out of Son, Eriksen and Dele? Yes. Not one single person would argue otherwise. Not sure how that means he isn't good enough for our squad.

Amazingly, the internet is full of stats of professional footballers.

Who knew?

How's it irrelevant when he gets paid every week? Part of a footballers job is to stay fit and be available , 1 in 2 in the PL or have you bumped that number with EL games again ?

How's it irrelevant when he gets paid every week? Part of a footballers job is to stay fit and be available , 1 in 2 in the PL or have you bumped that number with EL games again ?

It's irrelevant because you base a players performances on the games he's played. Not the fucking games he hasn't.

:pochfacepalm:

It's irrelevant because you base a players performances on the games he's played. Not the fucking games he hasn't.

:pochfacepalm:

How is lack of fitness irrelevant ? Not saying it's his fault but if he's not reliable it affects his value to the team , surely even someone of your limited thinking can understand this simple concept !

How is lack of fitness irrelevant ? Not saying it's his fault but if he's not reliable it affects his value to the team , surely even someone of your limited thinking can understand this simple concept !

I said him being here for 5 years is irrelevant. He missed one of those years due to injury for a start.

If he's injured then how can he perform!? I'd rather focus on what he can do when fit and playing. It only seems to be those who want to bash Lamela that bring up either his injury record, his price tag or the fact he isn't top of our charts when he was Eriksen, Son and Dele ahead of him.

Id say when fit Lamela is more than reliable. But damn him for getting injured !!!!

I like Lamela’s start to the season and hope he does well this year, but his finishing is really poor and needs to be improved for him to take a step up. It’s like he never really learned how to strike a ball and keepers know his only shot is the curler so he’s easy to read.

Back
Top Bottom