Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm just praying we've not seen the end of him. He's our modern day Gazza, that player with some true magic and flair. The current squad is excellent, they work well and are brilliant in their own right but Lamella is sublime and will create the moments we'll all be posting about in years to come e.g. Rabona

Every team needs a player like this...

Can't be relied on. If we can get 20m for him in the summer then I hope we take it.
I don't think he gets in our best 11 anyway.
Harsh I know!

LOL.... Peeps complain about quality of our squad depth and then wanna casually sell arguably the best player outside of our best XI for that kinda money????

Yeh bring it on... we could buy 2 x N'jie or even 2/3s of a Sissoko!:deledoubt:

I think his career with us is sadly over... It's a shame really - watching him closely in the highlights of this and last season, he is often the one who broke the dead lock or started the pressing, mostly leading to a goal.

This hip injury is the same which kept him out in 14/15.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I was having a conversation with my old man about this just last night, really do miss him hunting the ball down and wearing his heart on his sleeve. So for all them people saying he is physically and mentally weak i think your doing him a major injustice.
Yeah it took him a long time to settle, but we were just starting to see the best of him week in week out, not just the occasional moment of brilliance. He got stuck in and was a pioneer of Pochs philosophy of pressing high and working hard off the ball.

That all being said, now we have changed to a 5-2-2-1 or 3-4-2-1 whatever this beautiful thing is we have going on at the moment... Does he get in ahead of Alli and Errikson?

I was having a conversation with my old man about this just last night, really do miss him hunting the ball down and wearing his heart on his sleeve. So for all them people saying he is physically and mentally weak i think your doing him a major injustice.
Yeah it took him a long time to settle, but we were just starting to see the best of him week in week out, not just the occasional moment of brilliance. He got stuck in and was a pioneer of Pochs philosophy of pressing high and working hard off the ball.

That all being said, now we have changed to a 5-2-2-1 or 3-4-2-1 whatever this beautiful thing is we have going on at the moment... Does he get in ahead of Alli and Errikson?

Perhaps not, but he's a much better option to have off the bench in that formation than the likes of Nkoudou, Onomah or Sissoko.

Back
Top Bottom