Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That dagger vs Burnley reminded me of certain ex player who took his talents to South Madrid.

More of that and by all means, make me look like a whiny ho.

Last edited:
You know he actually did have some great touches in the 2nd half…

I hope Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli continue to shoot from outside the box. We all know they're capable of smashing them in from long range. Imagine the space in the box that would create.

I hope Lamela, Eriksen and Chadli continue to shoot from outside the box. We all know they're capable of smashing them in from long range. Imagine the space in the box that would create.

Video sums it all up really, the goal was just a cherry on top of what was his best performance in a long while. Played the ball quickly, didn't get caught in possession, and stopped over dribbling and consequently he looked so much better and was much more dangerous. I really think the coaching staff must have underlined the necessity not to hold onto the ball too long judging by how often he looked to play first touch passes. Hope he continues like this.

In 2010-2011 Bale scored 11 goals
2011-2012 Bale scored 12

Is he not world class then? :saha:

As a winger, 15 goals in a season is a great achievement.

This probably would have happened if half the people in here had their way

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...am-target-Tottenham-defender-Gareth-Bale.html

The guys 22 and it might aswell be his first season. Would be incredibly premature to get rid of him yet. Anyway if there's a queue out the door he shouldn't be at the front

The amount of chances Lamela created, all we need is a striker who can finish off inside the 6 yard box., Kane missed some sitters when he called for the ball. We are in for a treat if Soldado clicks, turn him on someone!

15 goals isn't world class regardless of age.
On what planet is 15 goals and 3 assists a poor return from a 21-year old winger? Who was better at a younger age in that position recently? Messi? We weren't the only club in Europe interested in this kid. That Roma year was just bananas, but with Pochettino running things he's going to become possibly the best RW in the country.

Migod, this is real life, not FM. How was this not impressive?

Love the kid, but he is one of the most one footed footballers you will ever see. A top left back will show him down the line with little threat of a cross coming in. Bale was also one footed but could cross the ball with the outside of his boot making him so dangerous. Let's hope he is studying the Bale videos. With Walker back it will be interesting to see how the two work.

Love the kid, but he is one of the most one footed footballers you will ever see. A top left back will show him down the line with little threat of a cross coming in. Bale was also one footed but could cross the ball with the outside of his boot making him so dangerous. Let's hope he is studying the Bale videos. With Walker back it will be interesting to see how the two work.
Bale's right foot was a lot better than Bale's faith in his right foot. He wasn't a completely two-footed player of course, but a lot of people criticized Bale as being one-footed without actually watching what he did with that foot. He had excellent control with both.

2011-2012 Bale scored 12

Agree with that in terms of goal ratio although for me world class is being consistently brilliant. There were many times under harry when bale would have average games, for me he became world class in his final season under avb that was when he was good every game pretty much, everyones definition of world class is different but that put him up there with the likes of the very best players.

Cracking goal v Burnley and looked the business for half an hour. No variation in his play though, and don't expect him to make it. At least the monkey of a first league goal is off his back now.

2011-2012 Bale scored 12

Absolutely not. Bale only ever achieved legit world class status in my eyes anyway in his final season and not only that but in that season he was the only one scoring in a team that was playing shit. Lamela was playing for a high scoring Roma side in a lesser league.

Great achievement yes, world class no.

On what planet is 15 goals and 3 assists a poor return from a 21-year old winger? Who was better at a younger age in that position recently? Messi? We weren't the only club in Europe interested in this kid. That Roma year was just bananas, but with Pochettino running things he's going to become possibly the best RW in the country.

Migod, this is real life, not FM. How was this not impressive?

I don't understand.. I never once said Lamela had a poor return or that he wasn't impressive?? Words in my mouth. Just because a player impresses for one season does not make him world class. Tbh it just sounds very deluded to think that.

Absolutely not. Bale only ever achieved legit world class status in my eyes anyway in his final season and not only that but in that season he was the only one scoring in a team that was playing shit. Lamela was playing for a high scoring Roma side in a lesser league.

Great achievement yes, world class no.

Oh yeah, of course. He was absolutely shit until that year. Despite winning the player of the year award and becoming world famous for his performances.

You're speaking shit.

Back
Top Bottom