SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to a Harvest Supper at my girlfriend's church on friday - the idea that I'm a frothing, lunatic Spurs fan is ridiculous, but true. But we did take two points off them - something we didn't do last season. The lord will provide - even against Southampton. Draw ugly.

P.S. I'm a pussycat.
I never said I had a problem with the result. I also think that we were 100% right to set our stall the way we did - and I'm totally chuffed for Kaboul, Verts, Naughton and Rose - who all upped their game , won back respect across the board.
I believe there is a gap between us and them, whether its the average skill quotient through their team, or the sum of their parts, and my only wish is that that fact was reversed, and we had gone there and made them defend like stokewigansunderlandwestbrom.
Here's for friday

I never said I had a problem with the result. I also think that we were 100% right to set our stall the way we did - and I'm totally chuffed for Kaboul, Verts, Naughton and Rose - who all upped their game , won back respect across the board.
I believe there is a gap between us and them, whether its the average skill quotient through their team, or the sum of their parts, and my only wish is that that fact was reversed, and we had gone there and made them defend like stokewigansunderlandwestbrom.
Here's for friday

I know you didn't - we're not so far apart mate.

Here's for friday

Cheers Mick.

Mick Cooper Mick Cooper

mick are you being a cunt again?

saying Sammy can get into an argument in a spacesuit....u can get into a argument on an Caribbean island full of gorgeous African beauties...get some new lenses and some new arguments, your starting to sound like ol' gibbsy..

Mick, we went to a game where most of the melts on here thought we'd lose, we nicked a goal, and gave them a fright. They had a million corners and we defended them well. Their goal was a bit fortunate. Nobody gives us credit for possession, so why give it to them?

Their corners were shocking, it was better for us to put it out of play for a corner rather than a throw.

Typically Wellbeck fluffing his chance gave that wally with the over inflated head his chance to score.

Mick Cooper Mick Cooper

mick are you being a cunt again?

saying Sammy can get into an argument in a spacesuit....u can get into a argument on an Caribbean island full of gorgeous African beauties...get some new lenses and some new arguments, your starting to sound like ol' gibbsy..
thanks for your unsolicited advice, I'll give it some careful consideration, and reflect on the depth and inner meaning of it all.
images

I know we are all relieved at not getting thumped for 5, but that has got to be the most rose tinted spectacles post match analysis I have ever seen in my life.
I'm a died in the wool Spurs supporter, and will never give up on them, but that piece is borderline embarrassing.
If any of us went on to a WHU site and read a post match autopsy like that - where we had them strung out on the edge of their penalty area for over 2/3 of the game and they had scored off one of their limited forays out of an Alamo style defence, we would have derided them for their delusions of adequacy.
We should take heart in our spirit and determined adherence to a game plan - but lets not forget - we just played like so many West Brom, Sunderland, Wigan, Stoke (etc etc) sides have done to us - packed out a resolute defence and nicked a goal and sometimes a win - and sites like this have been full of apoplectic Spurs fans, incandescent with rage at sides with no ambition, cloggers and anti football teams that refused to come and lie down in supplication.
Trust me, I'm chuffed at the result too, but lets not get carried away, or some twats going put out a DVD.

Most people are just happy to see some direction after the fucking shitfest we suffered last season...the most tedious, boring dogshit football, to the most risky and gung ho. Players not wanting to be here and a record signing isolated to solitary confinement.

This season, a lot of people can already, after just 6 weeks, see what this manager is planning for his team. Its been a long time since I for one, had any clue what we trying to do on the pitch. Now we have a manager with a clear vision, who is stabilising his first 11, and isnt afraid to play or drop anyone in the squad.

It really is a clean slate, and for me it feels like a breath of fresh air, with the pressure off, and we can just build for the long term.

Maybe there are a few fans who feel disappointed that we didnt go to the Emirates and attack them and win 6-0.

Most I feel are welcoming the brilliant defensive display, the discipline and attitude and the fact we didnt lose 5-2, or 3-0. We took a point, and played well.

Isnt that enough for you at this stage of the new managers tenure.

It pointless to keep saying "I know its early in Pochs reign........" but then continuing to belittle the performance.

...we just played like so many West Brom, Sunderland, Wigan, Stoke (etc etc) sides have done to us - packed out a resolute defence and nicked a goal and sometimes a win - and sites like this have been full of apoplectic Spurs fans, incandescent with rage at sides with no ambition, cloggers and anti football teams that refused to come and lie down in supplication...

Yes, the way we played, you might say we a bit anti-football - putting way more emphasis on organized and rigid defending than forward attacking football full of flair that is beautiful to behold.
But, the reason why teams like West Brom, Sunderland, Wigan and Stoke play that way against us is because they dont have the quality we do and if they tried to go toe to toe with us it would just benefit us rather than them as we would be allowed to do what we are good at.

Poch is the first manager since Redknapp to realise that this is how we should also be playing against teams that are better than us. After a few seasons in the CL with players equal to other CL playing teams, we can think about trying instead, to dominate, but right now Poch has got it spot on for playing Woolwich and other teams like them.
Make no mistake, we will get more points off the teams that finished above us last season than we did last season, and that may well mean that we finish above one or two of them this season.

Its also funny that Mick claims there is a "gulf in talent" between us and them, yet seems to think we didnt do enough, and should have gone there and attacked, and I presume won.

Most people are just happy to see some direction after the fucking shitfest we suffered last season...the most tedious, boring dogshit football, to the most risky and gung ho. Players not wanting to be here and a record signing isolated to solitary confinement.

This season, a lot of people can already, after just 6 weeks, see what this manager is planning for his team. Its been a long time since I for one, had any clue what we trying to do on the pitch. Now we have a manager with a clear vision, who is stabilising his first 11, and isnt afraid to play or drop anyone in the squad.

It really is a clean slate, and for me it feels like a breath of fresh air, with the pressure off, and we can just build for the long term.

Maybe there are a few fans who feel disappointed that we didnt go to the Emirates and attack them and win 6-0.

Most I feel are welcoming the brilliant defensive display, the discipline and attitude and the fact we didnt lose 5-2, or 3-0. We took a point, and played well.

Isnt that enough for you at this stage of the new managers tenure.

It pointless to keep saying "I know its early in Pochs reign........" but then continuing to belittle the performance.
who are you talking to?

Its also funny that Mick claims there is a "gulf in talent" between us and them, yet seems to think we didnt do enough, and should have gone there and attacked, and I presume won.
Sammy
you are either as thick as two short planks, or you are looking for an internet fight.
Because that is a complete misrepresentation of anything that I have said.

Yes, the way we played, you might say we a bit anti-football - putting way more emphasis on organized and rigid defending than forward attacking football full of flair that is beautiful to behold.
But, the reason why teams like West Brom, Sunderland, Wigan and Stoke play that way against us is because they dont have the quality we do and if they tried to go toe to toe with us it would just benefit us rather than them as we would be allowed to do what we are good at.

Poch is the first manager since Redknapp to realise that this is how we should also be playing against teams that are better than us. After a few seasons in the CL with players equal to other CL playing teams, we can think about trying instead, to dominate, but right now Poch has got it spot on for playing Woolwich and other teams like them.
Make no mistake, we will get more points off the teams that finished above us last season than we did last season, and that may well mean that we finish above one or two of them this season.
I fully understand that - and have no problem with it.
All I said was - that I would have preferred it were different. Like saying I would prefer it if I won 100 million quid on the lottery and could buy my own island.
I also completely understand that the reason we got thumped so badly last season, was that we tried to take the game to all of the sides that mullered us, and weren't capable of doing it - hence the results.

Sammy
you are either as thick as two short planks, or you are looking for an internet fight.
Because that is a complete misrepresentation of anything that I have said.

You said there is a gulf in talent, yet have spent the last few days pointing out that we played like West Brom...I find it odd that considering your view of the level both squads are at, that you seem surprised and disappointed we didnt play a better game, and take a more attacking approach.

You said there is a gulf in talent, yet have spent the last few days pointing out that we played like West Brom...I find it odd that considering your view of the level both squads are at, that you seem surprised and disappointed we didnt play a better game, and take a more attacking approach.
Don't put words in my mouth, that wasn't what I said.
actually not only isn't it what I said, it is also nonsensical

you hit quote on my post and then answered about someone elses post you read - not one of mine, so you can see why I was confused

Not in the least bit confused. You called out the article as embbarassing because you think we played like minnows.

I wrote some feelings down as to why people are proud of the performance, and especially of the defensive display, not despite it.

Back
Top Bottom