Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look at Son...he was piss last year but now he's hit his groove, he's becoming indispensable.
The lad needs time on the pitch to find his feet in a new country with a new team. That's why his age is relevant. He's not got extensive experience & no experience outside of the Dutch league. He doesn't hide at all & put in a shift IMO. The goals will come.

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Janssen is a young lad who's adapting to a new country, new league and a new team.. give the guy a chance. He will find his feet and learn how the team plays in time.

Lamela took time, Bale took time and so will plenty in the future. People are too quick to pass someone off.

Probably the same people who wanted Son gone in the summer..

Maybe the number 9 jersey is cursed. Soldado was different gravvy before arriving at the Lane. And now Janssen has been a bit below expectations. Hopefully,the goals will flow

....yeah, 'cos Alan Gilzean, Bobby Smith, Tony Galvin, Darren Anderton & Dimitar Berbatov were utter dogshite!
(Though you may have a point when you consider Sir Les & Pav!!)

But in any case... the number 9 shirt didn't begin and end with Roberto Soldado... of COURSE it's not cursed...

Janssen might just take a little while longer than 'some' will allow, to make sure it fits! (Maybe the love handles have summit to do with it... lose them, and it'll be like a new new signing!!!)

Can't believe what I'm reading here. Janssen is a young lad who's adapting to a new country, new league and a new team.. give the guy a chance. He will find his feet and learn how the team plays in time.

Lamela took time, Bale took time and so will plenty in the future. People are too quick to pass someone off.

Probably the same people who wanted Son gone in the summer..
Well ive always been a big Son fan and stated his apparent "poor form" last season was always exaggerated on here ( i thought he had a pretty good first season). Janssen on the other hand i do not rate in a goalscoring sense.

This thread will become a treasure chest when he hits his stride.

Archetypal performance by a Number 9 in a tough away match. Fucked with a decent defence well, you could almost say he softened them up.

Janssen was poor today, then again, the players around him didn't give him much to work with. Not much coming from the flanks in terms of putting balls in the box. Ironically we only saw that once Janssen came off for N'Koudou.

Today wasn't a game for him.
They had 2 banks of 4 and 5 and the ball was not going to get into his feet.
We saw how much of a difference adding some width and replacing him with someone with more movement made within 5 minutes.

This thread will become a treasure chest when he hits his stride.

Archetypal performance by a Number 9 in a tough away match. Fucked with a decent defence well, you could almost say he softened them up.
Agree. Falcao did a similar job against us at Wembley and was praised for it.

Janssen was poor today, then again, the players around him didn't give him much to work with. Not much coming from the flanks in terms of putting balls in the box. Ironically we only saw that once Janssen came off for N'Koudou.
Completely agree. Once nkoudou came on I was sitting there saying he could really Feed Jannsen a nice through ball.

Some people never learn...

It's like you need a lightning rod for your bile. First Lamela was a dud. Then it was Son.

FidZknJ.gif

Little bit surprised by the level of expectation of some here, no he is not Bats but he is the guy who said yes please I want to play for THFC and Poch. I saw a guy who works hard and always showed. It is a big step up to the EPL and Champs league and time will tell but I have a feeling that he will be fine.

I actually don't think he was bad. Played okay overall. Should have done better on a couple of occasions but Son missed a one on one late on. Still unsure about his technique but the rest of his game is ace. He gives the defence a difficult time which is useful in itself. Being number 9 will always lead to this pressure. I am sure he will be fine.

Janssen does exactly what is asked of Kane.
Look at how Kane comes deep and provides the passes for midfielders to run onto and score.
He did it a lot last season.

Janssen has had not even a handful of starts.
The finish for the offside goal shows me he has it.
He's not a world class player -even they miss sometimes - so expect the imperfections.
He's a young kid, just tuned 22, with one season in top flight dutch football.
I think he has taken to the EPL and CL quite well considering. He can only improve imo.

As long as he is linking up play, helping the team and getting chances that's ok. He will put them away.
Worry when he hangs about on the defender doing nothing and not getting any chances.

They played very deep and their defence is well schooled and experienced. Not much space for him to run into behind. Everyone found it hard. Their line was solid and adept. Our midfielders always play narrow and our full backs provide width.
Of course we missed the width of our natural fullbacks to spread them/supply balls into the box and were left with just the narrow inverted part of our game. Looking for that perfect pass in behind.
Davies and Trippier haven't the strength and pace of Rose/Walker and are not as great at recovering ground. We had to be very cautious in that area going forward in case they exploited it on the break.
I'm sure Pochettino must have told them to be careful and chose their forward runs carefully.

I fear he'll be dropped against Man City and Poch will go with Son up top and he'll put Lamela, Alli and Eriksen behind him - whilst he wasn't at his best today, I still think Premier League football suits his physicality and he'll be a handful against Man City's defence with his movement and strength against the likes of Stones and Otamendi.

....yeah, 'cos Alan Gilzean, Bobby Smith, Tony Galvin, Darren Anderton & Dimitar Berbatov were utter dogshite!
(Though you may have a point when you consider Sir Les & Pav!!)

But in any case... the number 9 shirt didn't begin and end with Roberto Soldado... of COURSE it's not cursed...

Janssen might just take a little while longer than 'some' will allow, to make sure it fits! (Maybe the love handles have summit to do with it... lose them, and it'll be like a new new signing!!!)

Forgot to add that the curse started with Bobby Soldier in 2013

He was fine, not a great matchup for his skill set. I think he could blow up Stones though, so I hope he starts against City. Strikers do more than just score in Poch's system.

Look at Son...he was piss last year but now he's hit his groove, he's becoming indispensable.
The lad needs time on the pitch to find his feet in a new country with a new team. That's why his age is relevant. He's not got extensive experience & no experience outside of the Dutch league. He doesn't hide at all & put in a shift IMO. The goals will come.
Hope so - he's been pants so far bar a few 1-2s

Back
Top Bottom