Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have all the faith in the world that Janssen will score loads of goals. My only issue with him is it seems when he doesn't score of something doesn't go right for him he has a frowned pissy look to him. Can't start having that type of attitude. Need to keep his head up and fight on.

GTFO. It's easy to talk shit about Adebayor now, but if you're telling me that you would take Janssen right now over Adebayor under Sherwood you've lost your mind.

Mate, I'm no admirer of Adebayor regardless of when he played for us. He was shite the entire time and was playing amongst some very good players providing quality service, and was the weakest position on the pitch. He got a lot of plaudits for dropping deep and playing sideways passes and that's about all he contributed. His goals were all off his arse and elbow because he couldn't hit a ball to save his life (with the exception of that Chelsea goal). Vincent is much stronger battling with defenders, works harder for the team and plays more intelligent passes - so I stand by my assessment.

Fuck the doubters he will make it his movement his work rate is everything you could want please don,t turn into those Woolwich cunts ,support the lad , Steed_Train Steed_Train list highlights time ,he has come from an inferior league ,but he was scouted there and at international level ,he had something and we think he could be great support the lad COYS

At least the knee jerkers have found a new scapegoat.

We'd likely have sold Kane, Eriksen, Lamela, Son and Rose if a lot of people had their way

Don't forget Vertonghen, Dembele, Walker ........ oh that's pretty much all of the first team that everyone raves about. Lesson here is give people a bit of time to learn and improve and believe in potential. Have we suddenly become a club that expects people like Gareth Bale to be the best player in the world at the point where he was bought? You seriously need to take a hard look at your fly comments. GB was getting slaughtered then single handidly smashed it out the park yet everyone of us would say he was a epic player now.

I have said my piece amen

Don't forget Vertonghen, Dembele, Walker ........ oh that's pretty much all of the first team that everyone raves about. Lesson here is give people a bit of time to learn and improve and believe in potential. Have we suddenly become a club that expects people like Gareth Bale to be the best player in the world at the point where he was bought? You seriously need to take a hard look at your fly comments. GB was getting slaughtered then single handidly smashed it out the park yet everyone of us would say he was a epic player now.

I have said my piece amen
In fact if anyone has the time I would love you to go back and see who changed their opinion!!!

I'd hate to think that people are waiting for Vincent to score a shedfull against City before they accept him into their bosom!

It may be a few weeks yet... but whilst he's providing chances for others, and holding the ball up, I for one don't have a oroblem with him...

We only have to look at Lamela & Son's first seasons to realise that it DOESN'T click straight away...

Had we signed Ibrahimovic, then maybe the expectation of immediate impact would be there.... after all, The Zlatan has been there, done that, and bragged about it for MOST of his career... so it goes with the territory...

Vincent Janssen is 22... he's young enough to be my son!!!
I wouldn't put that kinda pressure on any son of mine! (even a Heung-Min Son of mine!)

I'd hate to think that people are waiting for Vincent to score a shedfull against City before they accept him into their bosom!

It may be a few weeks yet... but whilst he's providing chances for others, and holding the ball up, I for one don't have a oroblem with him...

We only have to look at Lamela & Son's first seasons to realise that it DOESN'T click straight away...

Had we signed Ibrahimovic, then maybe the expectation of immediate impact would be there.... after all, The Zlatan has been there, done that, and bragged about it for MOST of his career... so it goes with the territory...

Vincent Janssen is 22... he's young enough to be my son!!!
I wouldn't put that kinda pressure on any son of mine! (even a Heung-Min Son of mine!)

Agreed. You would have thought 'fans' would have learned not to write players off in their first season by now.

As for 22, I've got pants older than that.

Watching CSKA again today, as you do. It dawned on me why Janssen is not getting the goals. No one passes to him. Yes he leads the line , yes he interlinks . Yes he can pass, control and head the ball and yes he can make the right decision every time. But he is never on the end of a move, never picked out with a killer ball on the near or back post or put through with a neat little pass behind the CB. He makes the runs, the movement but dosent get the ball. Hes runs are intelligent , he is a good player, the rest need to find him rather than shooting from everywhere. He is a differant player to Kane and encourages good service with his movement.

No one passes to him.

I, and if I remember Totti Totti , often felt this was the case with Lamela last year too. He would get into space, make runs and simply not get the ball. Seems like that's changed this season.

Not sure why this happens. It seems like our players form habits of who they pass to and almost strictly stick to it. Very strange.

I, and if I remember Totti Totti , often felt this was the case with Lamela last year too. He would get into space, make runs and simply not get the ball. Seems like that's changed this season.

Not sure why this happens. It seems like our players form habits of who they pass to and almost strictly stick to it. Very strange.

Spot on - it was never a case of Lamela not calling for it as he'd be shouting constantly. If you go back and watch a lot of last seasons earlier matches, you would see it a lot, always trying to bypass Lamela and get to Walker and just simply leave him out if there are other options (even if they're not better options) - as the season goes on though, you see Lamela given the ball more and more.

Its about learning each others game I guess. Being different to Kane, players will need to adapt to him. There is only so much he can adapt. I like him, he is a good player and it can only come good for him.

Watching CSKA again today, as you do. It dawned on me why Janssen is not getting the goals. No one passes to him. Yes he leads the line , yes he interlinks . Yes he can pass, control and head the ball and yes he can make the right decision every time. But he is never on the end of a move, never picked out with a killer ball on the near or back post or put through with a neat little pass behind the CB. He makes the runs, the movement but dosent get the ball. Hes runs are intelligent , he is a good player, the rest need to find him rather than shooting from everywhere. He is a differant player to Kane and encourages good service with his movement.
This is exactly what I was saying earlier.

Shame to see he didn't start yesterday despite our glorious win. Anyone think he starts against WBA?

He is 22 and has already a scoring title belt to his name in the Dutch League. He may never be prolific scorer like Andy Cole or Drogba but I see him scoring over 10+ goals for us from next season and he is really solid back up for Kane in the future as Son needs to play in the wings.

He reminds me of Saldado. Good movements, set team mates up. But lacks pace. Do feel given time Saldado will come good once he get used to epl defenders. Vincent is young and will be afforded time. Only thing is Son is on fire and with Kane back, his game time is limited

Back
Top Bottom