Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

if it weren't for Kane's injury the only game he would have started would have been gillingham, he still needs time to adapt to to Pochs insane training and gel with the team and adapt to the premiership... considering all this I don't see what the problem is, I honestly think he will be an awesome addition to the team, he hasn't been scoring granted, but we have a 100% win record for all the games he has started.....

He's is only 22 years old and a lot can change in a short time as a football player. If you don't realise that you're either 13 years old, started following football this years or just stupid :)

A note on Vincent Janssen. He only scored twice in his first 13 games for AZ last season before he exploded into form.

Same thing is here, new club, needs to adapt to team and he'll start scoring for fun. Thrust in Vincent and Poch.

Sheds of new members on the board this season!

Same old turds in the CSKA match thread though, questioning his confidence and even calling for Jansen to change his number (WT actual F!!).

He's 500 mins into his Spurs career. If he is having a crisis of confidence (not that he should, as anyone with half a brain (i.e. the manager) can see what he adds to our game) then people already comparing him to Soldado is hardly going to help.

He's been getting into good positions but the mids are choosing to play other passes or run with it themselves. Normally you would expect players to be looking for the centre forward. I could understand if he wasn't getting into good positions but he is.
This is like the Soldado thread circa early 2014 - Groundhog Day

I want the guy to succeed as much as anyone - but this straw-man bullshit about 'good positions' and 'great link-up' is exactly that, imv. He's been poor and only goals can fix his confidence. Not sure what's so wrong with admitting that

So we've gone years and years without a striker capable of scoring 20 goals a season, and now that we finally have one, our back up has to be held to the same standards? The kid is 22 and has barely played for us, give him a break. His hold up play and work rate has been excellent - the goals will come.

If you offered me Janssen or Adebayor a few seasons back you can bet your ass I'd be taking Vincent every time.

So we've gone years and years without a striker capable of scoring 20 goals a season, and now that we finally have one, our back up has to be held to the same standards? The kid is 22 and has barely played for us, give him a break. His hold up play and work rate has been excellent - the goals will come.

If you offered me Janssen or Adebayor a few seasons back you can bet your ass I'd be taking Vincent every time.
This.
From what I have seen,I think we have a great player. I really do
Like the way he plays and he is only going to get better imho.

Yep. Very strong, unsettles defences & allows the 3 behind to exploit gaps. Which is what Harry was doing last year before he found his scoring boots. It's a matter of time before he starts banging them in & even when he isn't, he is no passenger in the team. He's a fucking nuisance to defences which is part of a strikers role. When defenders start leaving him to try & plug the gaps is when he will start scoring.

I thought he was quite good against CSKA battling those two nasty, experienced center backs and with a ref who wasn't going to give a foul against him.

After we scored the goal, we missed him badly the next 10-15 minutes when we couldn't use him to recycle possession. His hold up play allowed us to push them back so much in the first 60 minutes.

I'm writing him off being a decent deputy to Kane, he hasn't even spat on himself yet.

I actually really like him and think he's doing just fine.

GTFO. It's easy to talk shit about Adebayor now, but if you're telling me that you would take Janssen right now over Adebayor under Sherwood you've lost your mind.

I think Janssen is going to come good. I think he's going to definitely get double digit assists, and hopefully he'll be able to get around 13 - 14 goals this season. His hold up play and link up play are very solid and he gives defenses a considerable amount of trouble with his physical style of play. I think he's going to make Kolorov look like the old man he is, and any mistakes Stones makes Vinnie will pounce on.

Last edited:
Forgot to add that the curse started with Bobby Soldier in 2013
That's not a curse, that's one player who didn't quite match exprctations!

It's like saying we're only allowed to play in the Champions league if our kit has a navy blue panel on the shoulders....

Oh, hang on!

Back
Top Bottom