Pre-Season in Aus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yedlin could quite easily be as good as Trippier - I know which one Levy would want to move on if we have to sell one...

$$$$$$$$$ :levywhoa:

Trippier was recently linked to move to Southampton for £5,000,000 - I said I'd take that. We'd have doubled our profit and we'd then be able to move Kyle Walker-Peters to the first team squad and perhaps then see what Yedlin is all about when he comes in to replace Walker in the rare game.

This is who DeAndre Yedlin used to be:

AptFloweryArthropods.gif

Making catastrophic mistakes but so fast that he could get away with them a lot of the time. Very Spursy, in other words (see also: :walker:). But it seems that loan on Sunderland has done him a lot of good, and I was impressed with him yesterday, too: mostly tight at the back and threatening going forward.

That Yedlin chip pass to Edwards was pretty sexy.

Also had another dangerous cross after losing his man on the wing quite easily.

Just watched the match recorded on sky. I thought Carroll had a reasonable game. He is better further forward and should NOT play the holding role. The defence was very inexperienced and shame Wimmer could not play. However I though Vorm did not help by continually passing to his defenders when by doing so they were immediately under pressure. Wanyama looked good to me although hope he can avoid red cards.
Chadli,Son & Mason very disappointing. That is the best I have seen Winks play. It remains to be seen how many of those youngsters can break into the first team but they need to play with the experienced players and not as a group in say a league cup match. Carter-Vickers needs to play with one of our 3 senior CB's to really judge him. Edwards needs to come on as a sub in a premiership match instead of Eriksen and see how he plays with first teamers etc.

Just watched the match recorded on sky. I thought Carroll had a reasonable game. He is better further forward and should NOT play the holding role. The defence was very inexperienced and shame Wimmer could not play. However I though Vorm did not help by continually passing to his defenders when by doing so they were immediately under pressure. Wanyama looked good to me although hope he can avoid red cards.
Chadli,Son & Mason very disappointing. That is the best I have seen Winks play. It remains to be seen how many of those youngsters can break into the first team but they need to play with the experienced players and not as a group in say a league cup match. Carter-Vickers needs to play with one of our 3 senior CB's to really judge him. Edwards needs to come on as a sub in a premiership match instead of Eriksen and see how he plays with first teamers etc.

I commented on Vorm's distribution during the game which was shocking, reminiscent of Gomes.

I've also stated before either play Carroll just behind the front man or don't play him at all

Poch clearly rates him as do i

Trippier was recently linked to move to Southampton for £5,000,000 - I said I'd take that. We'd have doubled our profit and we'd then be able to move Kyle Walker-Peters to the first team squad and perhaps then see what Yedlin is all about when he comes in to replace Walker in the rare game.
Trippier was very good when called upon last season. How about we don't mess up things that clearly dont need fixing and focus on getting an attacking mid in.

Trippier was very good when called upon last season. How about we don't mess up things that clearly dont need fixing and focus on getting an attacking mid in.
What would we be messing up and how would losing Trippier affect us getting an attacking midfield in? Other then provide us with even more money to get one in?

This is who DeAndre Yedlin used to be:

AptFloweryArthropods.gif

Making catastrophic mistakes but so fast that he could get away with them a lot of the time. Very Spursy, in other words (see also: :walker:). But it seems that loan on Sunderland has done him a lot of good, and I was impressed with him yesterday, too: mostly tight at the back and threatening going forward.
that striker is slow as shit, even the other defender is about to catch him. From what i've seen Yedlin can't pass, cant cross and defends like stevie wonder

that striker is slow as shit, even the other defender is about to catch him. From what i've seen Yedlin can't pass, cant cross and defends like stevie wonder
Guess you didn't watch the friendly yesterday or many Sunderland games last season. Fair enough.

Great crosser, decent passer, defends with epic brain farts. Like I said in the Yedlin (or maybe this) thread, a season under Poch and training with Walker would do absolute wonders for him.

Guess you didn't watch the friendly yesterday or many Sunderland games last season. Fair enough.
no I probably watched highlights of 3 or 4 sunderland games - and saw him singled out a couple of times for making mistakes. I centrainly didn't see a range of passing or crossing. I assume if I'd seen the whole games, or other games that season (did he play that many?) I'd have been proven wrong in my assessment?

no I probably watched highlights of 3 or 4 sunderland games - and saw him singled out a couple of times for making mistakes. I centrainly didn't see a range of passing or crossing. I assume if I'd seen the whole games, or other games that season (did he play that many?) I'd have been proven wrong in my assessment?
I think so, yes.

Vorm
Yedlin - CCV - Wimmer - KWP
Wanyama - Winks
Edwards - Lamela - Eriksen
Janssen
Would love to perhaps see something like that today.

Vorm
Yedlin - CCV - Wimmer - KWP
Wanyama - Winks
Edwards - Lamela - Eriksen
Janssen
Would love to perhaps see something like that today.

Can KWP play at LB?

Watching Winks show reel up there, who actually has time to make these?

It seems our lads from the development squad play without fear, expectation or a large price tag. They seem to all be comfortable slotting in and getting on with it. It's only a friendly but would be happy for the likes of Winks and Edwards to be given more game time to see how they get on.

Back
Top Bottom