Pre-Season in Aus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Summation of the game for those of us who have jobs please... Thank you
I've got a job, but still watched it.
My 'summary'. Bad first half with Trippier, CCV, Ball, Miller, Wanyama, Mason, Chadli, Carrol, Son, Janssen.
Bad start.
Defence were trying to pass it amongst themselves and being pressed, with no outlets, Errors from Miller and then Ball led to first goal. Second goal another bad clearance, soft. Maybe a push on Trippier but should have cleared danger, not to another Juve player.
We looked nervous at the back and disjointed in midfield and attack.

2nd half Looked much better with Yedlin (miller)at LB, Onomah(chadli), Winks(mason) and Lamela (son) on. Started well, passing decent. Actually attacking and had a shot.
Janssen off for Harrison, Walkes for Trippier Edwards for Carrol ( Yedlin moves to RB) then we really started to pick up unfortunately for Janssen.
Kids looked good, and when Juve introduced their kids with little/no experience wouldn't go as far as saying we were better.
Finished with Walkes, CCV, Ball, Yedlin, Wanyama, Winks, Onomah, Edwards, Lamela, Harrison.
Which looked better.
However, Janssen had no service whatsoever in the first 45 and it would have been interesting to see what he might have done in the last 25 mins or so.

Edit: actually would have been good to see what Miller could do in the middle.

I was in Melbourne two weeks ago and it was cold enough. Will Miller playing at left back? Flipping eck!
I think Anton Walkes could be a dark horse. He looks good to me. I have high hopes for Onomah and Harrison. I think in one year's time they will be integral members of the first team squad.

I would send Onomah, Winks, CCV and Harrison out on loan to be honest. They need to be playing regularly in competitive matches, and none of them is going to do it with us next season. To teams which like to get it down and play, not fucking West Brom.
I agree. You can't beat competitive first team football.
& with no europa matches, it is going to be hard to find matches for most of the youngsters to play in.
I'd rather they get lots of championship football than the odd 30mins in the league cup with us all season.

Yedlin looked pretty decent. Never seen him play before and have mostly read here that he's shit.

This is who DeAndre Yedlin used to be:

AptFloweryArthropods.gif

Making catastrophic mistakes but so fast that he could get away with them a lot of the time. Very Spursy, in other words (see also: :walker:). But it seems that loan on Sunderland has done him a lot of good, and I was impressed with him yesterday, too: mostly tight at the back and threatening going forward.

AptFloweryArthropods.gif

Making catastrophic mistakes but so fast that he could get away with them a lot of the time. Very Spursy, in other words (see also: :walker:). But it seems that loan on Sunderland has done him a lot of good, and I was impressed with him yesterday, too: mostly tight at the back and threatening going forward.

To be fair he did have Allardyce coaching him at Sunderland, probably just what he needed to improve his defensive game.

AptFloweryArthropods.gif

Shades of King vs Robben

Yedlin could quite easily be as good as Trippier - I know which one Levy would want to move on if we have to sell one...

$$$$$$$$$ :levywhoa:

Back
Top Bottom