Pre-Season in Aus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guido 🇺🇦

"Legacy Fan"
Squad that are travelling:
Luke Amos
Dominic Ball
Tom Carroll
Cameron Carter-Vickers
Nacer Chadli
Marcus Edwards
Christian Eriksen
Tom Glover
Shayon Harrison
Vincent Janssen
Erik Lamela
Ryan Mason
Luke McGee
Will Miller
Josh Onomah
Heung-Min Son
Kieran Trippier
Michel Vorm
Kyle Walker-Peters
Anton Walkes
Victor Wanyama
Kevin Wimmer
Harry Winks
DeAndre Yedlin

Wow very surprised about Bentaleb, thought Pritch and Clinton would go. I disagree with all three TBH. Anyway, a bit disappointed that pretty much the whole team won't be down here, especially seeing Kane and Lloris were used heavily in advertising. Will still be great to see them but it really is our Under 21's coming out here just about.

Not the strongest team. But exciting to see some of those in action against bigger clubs.

I guess our proper eleven will get a run out in Norway.

So the Euro 2016 guys will presumably start their pre-season at the beginning of August. Will they have enough preparation for the season/will they be worked in for the first few rounds?

Vorm
Trippier - CCV - Wimmer - KWP
Wanyama - Onomah
Lamela - Edwards - Eriksen
Janssen
Would love to see that lineup.

So the Euro 2016 guys will presumably start their pre-season at the beginning of August. Will they have enough preparation for the season/will they be worked in for the first few rounds?
We're not the only club to have players that played at the euros,
If there's any effect then everyone else will be feeling it too

Flying down to Melbourne on Tuesday for the Juventus game that night, thought about staying for the Atetico Madrid game on Friday but the tickets are ridiculously expensive and also would have to find accommodation for almost a week

Maybe we are all finding out that Wanyama was actually Bentalebs replacement.

Hope not. I'd much rather Bentaleb in the squad that Carroll.

Sorry to all the Aussie yiddos, but i'm so glad you're only gonna get to see the youth squad / bench this summer.

Spurs travelled the most out of any team in pre-season last year (32,000 miles including those ridiculous "post" season games).

We've got 22,000+ miles to cover this season, and this after our squad played more minutes in the Euros than anyone else (3,544, over 900 more than any other team).

Poch will get a chance to see a lot of young / fringe players in action in what, let's face it, boils down to very little more than a commercial exercise.

Back
Top Bottom