Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Batshuayi is too selfish, he doesn't pass enough and tries to take too many players on. I guess Poch could coach that out of him? I don't see us buying him to be honest, he's going to want someone more malleable.

Without having seen Alli play in League One, given he started his Spurs career nutmegging Modric and has since done it to half of all PL players, I'll take a stab and guess that he took on too many players in League One. The trick isn't coaching it out of the player - like Mourinho did with Cole and Hazard - because it'll take the natural edge of their game, but coaching them to do it, the right amount of times in a match and at the right times/in the right areas. And yes, Poch can do it, just as he's done with Alli :pochsmirk:

Lacazette would be ideal. Still young but has enough experience in the likes of Europe. Can also play out wide too and up top on his own.

Bakambu? Only saw him on the europa highlights a few times. But always scores.
9 in 11 games in europe.
Anyone seen him much?

very good player. but let the man be in villareal on atletico or he can be another vietto. funny thing, atletico wants tha man
Maybe Vietto is one to pursue? He was outstanding for Villarreal. Maybe Atletico would be looking to cash in. Though I probably feel he'll come to life next season.

I have seriously given up with trying to predict or even suggest our next signing. One thing I know for sure though, is that whoever he is, he'll be a shoo-in for PFA Player/Young Player of the Year. :D

Last edited:
Lacazette would really add that extra dimension to our squad. Kane is a superb striker, one of the best. Having 2 top strikers in the squad, 2 differentt style strikers could really add the little bit we're missing. Playing 50+ games per season, we're gonna need 2 strikers. Clinton is still around, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he can offer. Also, he played with Lacazette at Lyon, could help the move and help each other's game. Lloris being the France captain could help persuade as well.

I don't watch an Ligue Un football so Lacazette and Batshuayi are the two top strikers in that league now? According to the red tops we can get Lacazette for £24m, Batshuayi for £30m. We'll most like end up with neither as both will sign for some also rans like Utd and Spanners for a lot more personal coin.

Expect £15m deal for Berahino to be signed :levyeyes:

Without having seen Alli play in League One, given he started his Spurs career nutmegging Modric and has since done it to half of all PL players, I'll take a stab and guess that he took on too many players in League One. The trick isn't coaching it out of the player - like Mourinho did with Cole and Hazard - because it'll take the natural edge of their game, but coaching them to do it, the right amount of times in a match and at the right times/in the right areas. And yes, Poch can do it, just as he's done with Alli :pochsmirk:

Alli didn't take too many players on in League One. Go look at games on the net, his play was very mature, even though only a teenager. It isn't a problem with beating players, like Alli does, nutmegging a player to take him out of the game, the problem is some players then think: that worked well, now I'll do it to this second player...and if they achieve that, the third. That is what Batshuayi, despite having more experience, sometimes chooses to attempt rather than passing and too often he loses the ball as a result. That's what would need to be coached out, not the skill, but the bad decision making. But might be better to get someone who doesn't need so much work undone.

Last edited:
I don't watch an Ligue Un football so Lacazette and Batshuayi are the two top strikers in that league now? According to the red tops we can get Lacazette for £24m, Batshuayi for £30m. We'll most like end up with neither as both will sign for some also rans like Utd and Spanners for a lot more personal coin.

Expect £15m deal for Berahino to be signed :levyeyes:

Marseille is in turmoil since Bielsa. This is my personal opinion: People will probably leave if they don't get their ship on course, i.e hiring a manager who knows what he's doing. There's rumours about Garcia taking on the job, and I think that would give the players a bit of confidence in staying at OM. They've got a lot of really talented players as always, but I can understand that the board wants huge sums for their players.

Tottenham target Umtiti

Tottenham are targeting a move for Lyon defender Samuel Umtiti this summer while they are also interested in his team-mate Alexandre Lacazette and Marseille's Michy Batshuayi.

Source: L'Equipe

I can't believe no one is talking about being linked to Umtiti!!!!

I know shit about him, but his name is Umtiti. For that reason alone, I'd sign him.

Tottenham target Umtiti

Tottenham are targeting a move for Lyon defender Samuel Umtiti this summer while they are also interested in his team-mate Alexandre Lacazette and Marseille's Michy Batshuayi.

Source: L'Equipe

I can't believe no one is talking about being linked to Umtiti!!!!

I know shit about him, but his name is Umtiti. For that reason alone, I'd sign him.
Scored a Bale-esque goal in the EL against us

Back
Top Bottom