Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This has all come from David Lammy saying that Ferguson told him we have the best manager in the prem.

As a politician U'd think he'd have more sense than to make that comment knowing how the media would jump on it.

Poch to me seems to be a pretty honourable guy and I think there's more to him than just chasing money. He believes in the project at Spurs and I don't see him jumping ship unless we as a club start deviating from this current path.

He's still young in manager terms and is on the brink of creating a real tangible legacy at Spurs. Why would u leave that other than for money?

Guys guys guys. There's no need to be concerned at all.

Can't believe we're missing out on this kind of insight.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-2170-1361635164-0.gif

Huge fucking cunt

Poch on Cortese
"Me on a personal sense, I would not understand a Southampton without Nicola being here."
"When I got to know his project, we were basically on the same wavelength as to what we wanted for Southampton in the future.
"Basically, my future in Southampton has to be with Nicola."

These are not the words of someone who shows no loyalty. Now if you can provide comments by Poch to back up that he has no loyalty, I'll happily concede and agree with you. Until you do, his behaviour, actions, words all point to a very loyal and trustworthy man.
He's already left twice for bigger clubs - there is no shame in that. Most managers / players do - not sure what the big deal is. If you think Poch will spend 15 years with us - you must be smoking something

He's already left twice for bigger clubs - there is no shame in that. Most managers / players do - not sure what the big deal is. If you think Poch will spend 15 years with us - you must be smoking something
Where the fuck have I said he will stay 15yrs??? He has a 5yr contract with us (the longest contract given to a new Spurs Manager).
He was sacked by Espanyol before he went to Southampton, so he didn't leave them to go to Southampton, he was out of a job and free to go wherever.
The decision to leave Southampton and join us was made easy once the Chief Executive resigned following differences/change of direction/ambition with the Southampton Trust/Board. Poch publicly showed his loyalty to the Chief Exec saying he would leave if Cortese left. Cortese left, he left as he stated he would.

He may well leave when his contract is due, he may well not agree to sign a new deal with Spurs should we offer him one, which may well make us think hard about a replacement (to many variable here).

You said he is not loyal, I have shown you that his actions show the opposite to this. I am waiting for you to PROVE that he is not loyal.......you have responded but have got your facts wrong. I assume you can't back up your claim as I have backed up mine.

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is the best manager in England, according to the Labour MP for Tottenham David Lammy. (Times - subscription required)
This summer could see him leave. I pray it don't but even if it did I'm not that worried.
He inherited a team that has been built over years through a few managers terms in office. Its a natural situation for football mangers careers only to last a couple seasons nowadays. Before being sacked or moving on for a better cash offer. .
He'd be an idiot to leave us after what he has achieved with/for us. He is in a far better chance at winning the Champions League with us next season. Can't imagine he wants to take a step down and manage Man U. They could be out the top 4 for a couple more seasons yet. Still recovering from the loss of Alex. They aren't in the Champions league next year. I don't see him taking up the job. They will go with Jose short term just to get back into the money tournaments while they look for a more long-lasting appointment.
As for Alex he needs to stick to playing with my little pony and mind his own fooking business :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::pochsmirk:

This is quoted form Lammy's appearance on the Spurs Show isn't it? Might have to try and sit through that.

Do Utd want our manager, probably, if they have any sense. So will other big clubs. We have a guy who ticks all the boxes:
- Plays entertaining football
- Wins games and thus challenges for things
- Develops youth, which is profitable
- media savvy
- not a cunt

But Poch is at a club which matches his ambition already. He can win titles with us, not just a one off cup that he might have achieved with Southampton but regular honours. We have the best facilities, great youth development, and a brand new stadium being built. He gets on with the chairman. He has already done the groundwork here. He knows he can become a true legend. Turning Spurs on champions is far more impressive than winning something with Utd but still never catching up with Ferguson for example. The rate we are progressing it really won't be all that many seasons until we can even challenge for the CL under Poch. And before anyone says this is daydreaming who thought we'd be up their in second place with 13 games to go? Our progress under Poch has been rapid because he is an excellent manager. Finally we have an excellent manager. We have waited long enough.

Last edited:
The fact that people need to rattle off arguments for why Poch should stay suggests there are also reasons for him to go. The truth is that the threat is real. You can say you think he would be stupid to leave, but you aren't him and you will never be inside his head. Besides money, he may very well have his own reasons for entertaining the idea of managing - in fact saving - Manchester United.

That being said, at this point I think he's likely to stay. But given that we really know fuck all, we should be afraid otherwise we're being a bit ignorant.

Where the fuck have I said he will stay 15yrs??? He has a 5yr contract with us (the longest contract given to a new Spurs Manager).
He was sacked by Espanyol before he went to Southampton, so he didn't leave them to go to Southampton, he was out of a job and free to go wherever.
The decision to leave Southampton and join us was made easy once the Chief Executive resigned following differences/change of direction/ambition with the Southampton Trust/Board. Poch publicly showed his loyalty to the Chief Exec saying he would leave if Cortese left. Cortese left, he left as he stated he would.

He may well leave when his contract is due, he may well not agree to sign a new deal with Spurs should we offer him one, which may well make us think hard about a replacement (to many variable here).

You said he is not loyal, I have shown you that his actions show the opposite to this. I am waiting for you to PROVE that he is not loyal.......you have responded but have got your facts wrong. I assume you can't back up your claim as I have backed up mine.
So your entire 'claim' of his loyalty is based on some PR bullshit around the sacking of Cortese

If he was so 'loyal' why didn't he resign when the former left in January?

People. PEOPLE! Stop giving Gibbsy an audience! He has 4 fucking followers on twitter FFS. He might as well be sitting in a padded and sound-proof isolation room.

I'm glad the cunt doesn't come around here much anymore, but it's not much different if everyone posts every tweet that comes to his mind, is it?

So your entire 'claim' of his loyalty is based on some PR bullshit around the sacking of Cortese

If he was so 'loyal' why didn't he resign when the former left in January?
What PR bullshit? It's a fact, Cortese resigned because he didn't have the backing of the trust/board. Cortese's ambitions were to keep the players, he with Poch and the original owner, Marcus Liebher, were to build on the squad that they had assembled, their ambitions were to have Southampton challenge for the league. This required further investment something that Katrine Liebher wasn't going to do, in fact they sold all their players.
To answer your question i have no idea, do you? I do know that There was endless speculation of Poch leaving, I also know that Cortese made a public plea through the press urging Poch to stay at Southampton, maybe just maybe he stayed in answer to Cortese's plea and chose to steady the ship? Poch has only ever spoken of great affection towards Southampton since his departure, despite their fans booing him when we meet.

Still waiting for you to back up your claims.................

Back
Top Bottom