Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck Morrissey.
Fuck Oasis.
Fuck Stone Roses.
Fuck The Chemical Brothers.
Fuck Davy Jones.
Fuck Manchester City.

Guy in my office is a City fan. Never really cared about them that much (other than the money side of things), but this guy has managed to make me fucking loathe this team.

---------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------
Trippier----------Alderweireld----Wimmer---------------Rose
-------------------------------Dier--Dembele----------------------
---Lamela-----------------------Alli--------------------Eriksen---
-----------------------------------Kane-----------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Walker, Davies, Mason, Benteleb, Chadli, Son

Lets not kid ourselves, they are still a dangerous squad with Aguero fit.

But if we play with our normal speed and tenacity those lethargic primadonnas won't know what hit them.

COYS!

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Alli - Eriksen
Kane
Has to be this line up for me. Walker misses out due to the fact that Trippier shouldn't be dropped after his latest performance, even for rotation, he's more than capable to keep line in that back four as well as cause problems going forward. Every one else picks themselves.
agreed

What works so well in our midfield is when the fullbacks bomb forward to support, Dier automatically drops in giving the support. Poch has made a gem of a player out of Dier in the CDM role, and that's the reason for our solidity in defence.

Sterling can be very lazy, doesn't tend to get back and loses track of his man. That's where Trippier/Walker can really punish City.

At the Lane, after conceding the first goal, we cut the supply off to Aguero, De Bruyne and Toure. They fall apart. We need to do the same again.

They are so shaky at the back. De Michelles and Otamendi are always prone to making errors. If we put the pressure on them, if expect to see some more errors.

Dembele on Toure, Dier on Silva and let Toby and Wimmer maintain Aguero. Giver Eriksen, Alli and Lamela the freedom to switch positions.

Poch has proven that we can beat the 'big boys'.

Wimmer has looked good so far, but has certainly had a few questionable decisions in the past two matches. Against teams like Norwich and Watford those little mistakes are recoverable. With City they will capitalize on every single error that is made. Luckily, City has a defense that leaks like a sieve if really pressed. Given that we're the form team and the one that has everything to play for, I think that it will give us the backbone needed to see this one out, but I think it's going to be really close. 3-2 Spurs.

Wimmer has looked good so far, but has certainly had a few questionable decisions in the past two matches. Against teams like Norwich and Watford those little mistakes are recoverable. With City they will capitalize on every single error that is made. Luckily, City has a defense that leaks like a sieve if really pressed. Given that we're the form team and the one that has everything to play for, I think that it will give us the backbone needed to see this one out, but I think it's going to be really close. 3-2 Spurs.
Thought he was a bit nervous against Norwich, but flawless against Watford really

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Lamela - Alli - Eriksen
Kane
Has to be this line up for me. Walker misses out due to the fact that Trippier shouldn't be dropped after his latest performance, even for rotation, he's more than capable to keep line in that back four as well as cause problems going forward. Every one else picks themselves.
If we're going on performances; Davies should get the nod over Rose. I thought that he had an excellent game; he's a far better crosser of the ball too.

Kane and Dele need to be top of their game, pressing their defenders and DMs to mistakes.

Eriksen as the 3rd 'forward', drifting, pressing and just being there for those 3-4 world class matchwinning moments of passing genious, he can present each game.

Mason into the midfield 3 to shore up numbers. Defence pics itself.

Thought he was a bit nervous against Norwich, but flawless against Watford really

One of the few times Watford looked threatening was when Wimmer seemed like he wasn't sure where he was supposed to be positioned and accidentally switched sides with Toby. If I can find a clip of it I'll post it. Other than that though I agree that he looked solid against Watford, I was saying it more to highlight my point that we can't allow any mistakes against City.

Son has to start with Kane up front. We look so much more dangerous and score so many more goals with that formation (average over 3 per match)

Front 6:
Dembele Dier
Eriksen Ali
Son Kane

Son will abolsutely hound that City back 4 into errors.

De Bruyne a big miss for them in MF.

Chad 1st sub, hopefully we're ahead by then and gaps will appear.

Must take the game by the throat from the off. Those Citeh fans are useless right now.

Lets not kid ourselves, they are still a dangerous squad with Aguero fit.

But if we play with our normal speed and tenacity those lethargic primadonnas won't know what hit them.

COYS!

"dangerous squad" lol

Silva is unfit, Sterling is unfufilled potential, Navas is shit and can't score, Aguero is still getting fitness and Toure is a lazy fuck. I've not even started on their defence yet, which is worse than ours when we had Kaboul and Fazio ffs.

This City squad is one of the weakest in the past 4-5 years, they believe the title is already lost and they can't be bothered playing for a manager who is leaving. If we can't win this or get points, we don't deserve to be challenging for the title, especially when Leicester crushed them so easily.

2-0 Tottenham.

City hate being pressed and are on a downer. Think I read a stat that Man City have failed to bet any team in the top 6 this season.

City haven't beaten a team in the top 6 this year.

Have to wonder if they really care now they know Pep's coming in. Spurs 2-0, Leicester hopefully draw with the scum who lose at Bournemouth today please.
we haven't got a great record either. we pretty much beat teams in the bottom half & draw with teams in the top half.
we have won only twice against the top 6.
& just 4 times against teams in the top half.
but very reliable against the bottom half teams.

so I am going to predict 2-2 & id be very happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom