Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talk to Karl about it. He keeps disagreeing as well. My point is this: if we were 15th at the moment, blokes like you would be blaming the manager, as they have been doing for the last 13 years, and Levy would get a pass. By all means disagree, l don't give a fuck. What the fuck has Levy done this season? I remember you going mental because we didn't buy a striker? What's changed? He's done nothing to help the club.
Oh fuck off. Chairman love and all that. Believe what you want, but you're a mug. Bother someone else.
I fucking hate you for that. You fucking cunt. Leave me alone, and bother someone else. You 2 bob cunt.
How do you cope with the facebook chat then?

I love the fact this was all going on between 3.45am and 5.30 a.m... under the cover of darkness, while the rest of us were sleeping...
...the fuck else you got to do with your days that you're up all night bitching to each other...

oh, hang on, I may be wrong here, but unless you're from That Abroad Foreign Country with crazy Time-Zones that mean you have to get up at half-past 2a.m to watch a Spurs match via a 2-minute-delay Singapore Stream... in which case, you're better Spurs fans than I...!

I love the fact this was all going on between 3.45am and 5.30 a.m... under the cover of darkness, while the rest of us were sleeping...
...the fuck else you got to do with your days that you're up all night bitching to each other...

oh, hang on, I may be wrong here, but unless you're from That Abroad Foreign Country with crazy Time-Zones that mean you have to get up at half-past 2a.m to watch a Spurs match via a 2-minute-delay Singapore Stream... in which case, you're better Spurs fans than I...!
Pay TV hooks us up, no need for the streams. Some are around 11pm which is lovely. The 2am games are very stiff.

This is a bit of a strange debate because no one is going to change their opinion on Daniel Levy. He is either the tight chairman holding us back or a safe pair of hands getting us slowly up to where we belong.

There are so many things to be said about spending big, it's not worked for Chelsea or Manchester United and the jury is out on City. Demanding a high spending chairman seems fairly hollow looking at the premier league today.

That said we need a striker, any fan with a set of eyes will tell you that our reliance on Harry Kane to lead the line is short sighted. Though Son did a great job at Leicester, he is not a natural focal point for our system, though I think he's only going to get better in attacking midfield. Though it may be a scouting issue or reluctance on the part of Mitchell/Pochettino, if we fall short through a lack of goals this season, I think the general consensus will be that Levy has let us down.

Even if that is the case, I think you have to credit Levy, we are not the 4th richest club in the league, therefore we are clearly over achieving, we are a top 6 side on the basis of the squad we can afford.

The fact we have not won the league or FA Cup under Levy does not make him a bad chairman, I think he has taken the club forward sustainably,which is a great deal better than some of the horror stories of the clubs we've seen come and go.

I can understand why some might be a little disappointed by Levy, he's not always been right, not by any measure. What I don't get is that some fans think he is literally the worst chairman we've ever had, I just can't see that...

This is a bit of a strange debate because no one is going to change their opinion on Daniel Levy. He is either the tight chairman holding us back or a safe pair of hands getting us slowly up to where we belong.

There are so many things to be said about spending big, it's not worked for Chelsea or Manchester United and the jury is out on City. Demanding a high spending chairman seems fairly hollow looking at the premier league today.

That said we need a striker, any fan with a set of eyes will tell you that our reliance on Harry Kane to lead the line is short sighted. Though Son did a great job at Leicester, he is not a natural focal point for our system, though I think he's only going to get better in attacking midfield. Though it may be a scouting issue or reluctance on the part of Mitchell/Pochettino, if we fall short through a lack of goals this season, I think the general consensus will be that Levy has let us down.

Even if that is the case, I think you have to credit Levy, we are not the 4th richest club in the league, therefore we are clearly over achieving, we are a top 6 side on the basis of the squad we can afford.

The fact we have not won the league or FA Cup under Levy does not make him a bad chairman, I think he has taken the club forward sustainably,which is a great deal better than some of the horror stories of the clubs we've seen come and go.

I can understand why some might be a little disappointed by Levy, he's not always been right, not by any measure. What I don't get is that some fans think he is literally the worst chairman we've ever had, I just can't see that...

Great post. He's not perfect but we could do a lot worse (Mike Ashley, Randy Lerner etc...). Dont hate the player, hate the game.

Shame some Spurs fans only see in black or white.

Care to tell us their current league positions?

Sure.

City are 3rd and have won the league 2 times in the last 10 years
United are 5th and have won the league 5 times in the last 10 years
Chelsea are 14th and have won the league 3 times in the last 10 years

But the majority of your posts are also you moaning about the club..
Not moaning about the club. About the owners of the club maybe. There is a difference. Different people use the forum in different ways. Some are negative cunts and use it as an outlet to let off steam. Others use it in a more positive way to express there happiness in all things spurs. I accept I tend to lean towards the former. But I don't accept being labelled a fucking Woolwich fan by ArctwaT for doing so though.

Sure.

City are 3rd and have won the league 2 times in the last 10 years
United are 5th and have won the league 5 times in the last 10 years
Chelsea are 14th and have won the league 3 times in the last 10 years

All 3 teams you mention have more financial resource than us, 2 through having incredibly rich chairmen and 1 from being the biggest sporting franchise in the world at various junctures.

Do you seriously think we should model ourselves on City or Chelsea? Or that Levy should have made Tottenham through some major promotion made us the biggest club in the world?

There is a horrible truth here, in terms of income,we don't belong in the same sphere as those clubs.

This doesn't mean we should all hug Daniel Levy because in real terms we have and continue to overachieve in the league, just don't blame him because we haven't got the trophies of Chelsea, United or City.

Not moaning about the club. About the owners of the club maybe. There is a difference. Different people use the forum in different ways. Some are negative cunts and use it as an outlet to let off steam. Others use it in a more positive way to express there happiness in all things spurs. I accept I tend to lean towards the former. But I don't accept being labelled a fucking Woolwich fan by ArctwaT for doing so though.

Are you still adamant that we will never lay a brick of the new stadium whilst Levy is Chairman?

All 3 teams you mention have more financial resource than us, 2 through having incredibly rich chairmen and 1 from being the biggest sporting franchise in the world at various junctures.

Do you seriously think we should model ourselves on City or Chelsea? Or that Levy should have made Tottenham through some major promotion made us the biggest club in the world?

There is a horrible truth here, in terms of income,we don't belong in the same sphere as those clubs.

This doesn't mean we should all hug Daniel Levy because in real terms we have and continue to overachieve in the league, just don't blame him because we haven't got the trophies of Chelsea, United or City.
Sorry you might not be aware that i was simply referring to this ludicrous comment:
"There are so many things to be said about spending big, it's not worked for Chelsea or Manchester United and the jury is out on City."

We have the sixth most revenue in the country. We are at best, 2/3 the size of the team with the fifth most, and less than 50% of the top 4. We don't go into massive debt, don't run the club beyond our means, and aren't floating on a billion pounds of debt to be paid back at some point in future.

Exactly how much extra spending would be required for us to climb up the table beyond where we currently are, and where is the money supposed to come from? Are people suggesting that the owners should take a loss "just because?" This isn't charity, it's professional entertainment. Clubs are either run sustainably or eventually do go bust. No club has prolonged a debt hangover indefinitely. Dortmund, Leeds, Portsmouth, AC Milan and Atletico all tried and have gone to the wall. Chelsea and City are trying right now, as is Barcelona to be honest. At some point, that money will need to be paid back.

We're not run along those lines, so unless someone can show where Spurs are going to get another 70 million in revenue per season, and then be able to spend every year like those clubs above us, the moaning is simply the crying of people wishing for Santa Claus to be real.

Last edited:
Sorry you might not be aware that i was simply referring to this ludicrous comment:
"There are so many things to be said about spending big, it's not worked for Chelsea or Manchester United and the jury is out on City."
Ludicrous yes but not entirely wrong, they spend big on about everything in a hunting mosquito's with a cannon style. That makes for a lot of good players but a lot of very expensive failures too in a non sustainable business model (except for Utd maybe). We can spend big but we cant afford trial and error in the way they can so that means every big transfer will take more time and haggling.

We have the sixth more revenue in the country. We are at best, 2/3 the size of the team with the fifth most, and less than 50% of the top 4. We don't go into massive debt, don't run the club beyond our means, and aren't floating on a billion pounds of debt to be paid back at some point in future.

Exactly how much extra spending would be required for us to climb up the table beyond where we currently are, and where is the money supposed to come from? Are people suggesting that the owners should take a loss "just because?" This isn't charity, it's professional entertainment. Clubs are either run sustainably or eventually do go bust. No club has prolonged a debt hangover indefinitely. Dortmund, Leeds, Portsmouth, AC Milan and Atletico all tried and have gone to the wall. Chelsea and City are trying right now, as is Barcelona to be honest. At some point, that money will need to be paid back.

We're not run along those lines, so unless someone can show where Spurs are going to get another 70 million in revenue per season, and then be able to spend every year like those clubs above us, the moaning is simply the crying of people wishing for Santa Claus to be real.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom