Tottenham V Chelsea 12:00 Sunday 29th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have only lost to man utd (which we should have got at least a point) all the other so called top 4 teams we have taken points off so no despair great that drawing with Chavs at home feels like a defeat were ok.

One positive: If Chelsea had scraped a win today (one shot on target, so it didn't seem likely) then the media would have been crowing about a resurgent Chelsea now aiming for 4th.

We denied them that, which makes me happy. Allowing them a point doesn't really help them make up for lost ground in the league, but it helps us keep in touching distance of the league leaders.

Still on my way back from the game thanks to tfl and southwest trains deciding the people who live in the Richmond/twickenham area aren't allowed any public transport in and out of London today.

Bit gutted my first game back at the lane ended goalless but I enjoyed watching how the shape of the team works on and off the ball from a decent vantage point in the upper east. It's lucky I love spurs because 2 hours sleep the night before and £70 on the ticket is madness in any sane person's eyes.

Chelsea are basically a massive carbuncle on the bloated backside of premier league football.
Bottom half of the table, best part of a billion spent on players (transfers and wages) and an opportunity to beat a top 4 rival. And they have 1 shot on target and start time wasting for a draw after 65 mins. If I was not of their fans (yuck!) I'd be livid with that. I've not seen a Chelsea side look so ordinary in years. Even last year when we battered them they looked dangerous.

Thought we controlled most of the game, were a bit unlucky with some chances and then looked exhausted in the last 10 mins. We should smash WBA next week and get back to climbing up the table.

I worried about this game coming when it did for us and as they were looking like they had sorted things out slightly.
We did ok first half and with a bit more luck could have taken the lead.
Lloris had one save to make all game with their one shot on target.

Jose came not to lose. That's why he never played Costa, or Remy, up front. He packed the midfield. We could not play our normal pressing game because of obvious tiredness coupled with a packed midfield we struggled to be cohesive.
Apparently Jose has said that was his teams best performance of the season ( a squad costing £300m) against a side who, bar 3 players, all played on Thursday night and had less than a days rest, then that is a compliment.
Game came at the wrong time for us for a couple of reasons. As did the LC final
Basically since we smashed 5 past them Jose's mindset when facing us seems to be completely different.

If Terry was fit today, then Cahill would have been in the middle and they may have played a striker.
I somehow think that if we would have had 4 days between our travel and our players been a bit more sharp he may have come unstuck.
It shows how far we have come, or indeed how low they have dropped, when Mourinho is praising his highly paid squad for coming away with a planned draw at Spurs and not conceding.

One positive: If Chelsea had scraped a win today (one shot on target, so it didn't seem likely) then the media would have been crowing about a resurgent Chelsea now aiming for 4th.

We denied them that, which makes me happy. Allowing them a point doesn't really help them make up for lost ground in the league, but it helps us keep in touching distance of the league leaders.
i am sure chelsea are gutted with us holding them to a draw.

Credit to Chelsea. They won the important battles in the MF which seemed to be the difference today. Eriksen was off his game which definitely compounded things. Either way, not gonna dwell on the negative around only a point vs a 15th place side at Home. 13 straight without a loss and the momentum continues into an easier stretch on the fixture front
It's not a 15th place team, it's not Newcastle or Bournemouth, it's still Chelsea

Is there any good reason this wasn't Monday night and don't give me this was supposed to be Saturday because we had a game Thursday scheduled last May? We smash them with thirty six more hours rest.

Because we both could have been playing games on Tuesday/Wednesday in the League Cup. No Monday game for that reason, the best we could have had was another 4 hours with a 4pm kick off today

We need to continue the high security checks at the Lane, so much better to have 90% of the stadium full 15mins before KO, it really helps to build an atmosphere, which was good today not withstanding it was fucking 12:00 on Sunday, it's almost like the old days.

The lads deserve huge amount of credit for that performance. I do a lot of international travel and it absolutely fucks with you and to have traveled Wed/Thurs to a place that's a hour longer flight than New York then what they achieved can only be applauded, added to this that was a 3rd London derby on the bounce makes it all the more impressive.

We bossed the first half just, and were unlucky not to be at least 2 up. Thought Dembele was AGAIN excellent, combining beautiful, skilful football with a solid defensive abilities. Also great to see Son, winning the ball back numerous times and then running at Chelsea's back 4 is great to watch. Kyle Walker had another strong game.

2nd half the scum do what the scum do, cheat. Faking injury after every tackle, slowing everything down. They are a billion pound Stoke. Our legs went for the last 15mins, we defended well during this period, however the only thing that disappointed me was not using Lamela or N'jie as intelligently as we did against Anderlecht(?), when Lamela just took the pressure off the back four by holding up the ball so well.

I love this Spurs team.

Enough of the excuses. We should have beaten this sorry excuse of a footballing team.

Everyone else has, and Woolwich only lost because they had a man wrongly sent off.

We were simply not good enough. Fault lies with Pochettino.

The fact he couldn't get Alli to realise he'd miss the Chelsea match was the first mistake.

Second, I appreciate the Europa, but he didn't need to take Kane and Eriksen to Azerbaijan. We could have won, and we would not have lost with our replacements.

Third, Son and Mason need to spend some time out of the team. Mason has been and was terrible since he got back. Son is getting better, but with Alli and Lamela in, I feel we could have nicked a goal and the floodgates would have opened. In the end playing Mason and not being able to control Alli, cost us the game.

Lastly, I have no idea why we keep hooving long balls up the field, or just heading or volleying balls as passes. For a while I thought I was watching basketball with the amount of time the ball was in the air. Most of the time, we lose possession or slow the damn game down by knocking air balls all over the pitch. What the fuckery was that? Infuriating "football". Chelsea were not there to play football either, so it was one of the worst games this season.

Early days yet, but Liverpool are surging. All this time longer and Pochettino might lose out to Klopp. Do Liverpool have a better attack than us? Drawing is fine and dandy but the more wins other teams pick up, we will fall way the fuck behind.

We need to win every single game from now till the new year. Not good enough to be drawing with any of those teams coming up.

Back
Top Bottom