Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good article on Alli today. I disagree that there are strong parallels with Townsend - he is clearly so far ahead of Townsend. But the article is decent nonetheless.

Tottenham’s Dele Alli should beware fortunes of previous young stars

The aspect he should be wary of is the fame going to his head. Hudd and Bentley had as much potential as Alli but didn't use their head and played the London playboy role.

If he can stay basic like Bale and not stray into the party scene that Lennon, Hudd etc fell into he can be a phenom IMO.

Being an athletic young millionaire surrounded by hangers on can divert players attentions like the Spice boys in the Liverpool era. There are a 1000 five bellies out there waiting to drag Alli into a strip club to do a few bumps.

I agree that it's different for Townsend, he did not have the talent in the first place. I'd much rather our young players go down the boring Carrick, Dembele, Bale, Scott Parker road.

I think Shearer gave the blueprint for a pro. He gave such boring interviews on purpose so the press didn't care about him from a celebrity perspective.

True gangsta:

45bc97b1a175aba9145cea7724fb9351.jpg

:parker:

The article is right. He should be careful. I hope Poch has a good handle on their handlers.

Think he's got a very mature head on his shoulders and like the bits of attitude he shows (not intimidated at all, albeit he misses Chelseas as a result). Think Poch will keep him on thr right track too.

I was furious against Ally, he just won an unnecessary and avoidable yellow card suspension!
yes it should grow up and calm her nervousness because it is not the first time he gets angry on the field

Think he's got a very mature head on his shoulders and like the bits of attitude he shows (not intimidated at all, albeit he misses Chelseas as a result). Think Poch will keep him on thr right track too.

I like that he has needle but getting that card was Poch's fault. He should know he has a team of kids.

Then again, I will take this team with all of their issues because perfection is rare. Poch and the squad are green, mistakes like this should be expected.

We STILL give away goals soon after scoring and that points to concentration issues. We have been our own downfall for most of the goals against. Own goals, leaving channels open and dodgy backpasses. It's all part and parcel of having the youngest starting 11 in the prem.

I just hope Dembele or Alli in the final third is a permanent thing. Will Poch bring Chadli back into it when all fit?

I like that he has needle but getting that card was Poch's fault. He should know he has a team of kids.

Then again, I will take this team with all of their issues because perfection is rare. Poch and the squad are green, mistakes like this should be expected.

We STILL give away goals soon after scoring and that points to concentration issues. We have been our own downfall for most of the goals against. Own goals, leaving channels open and dodgy backpasses. It's all part and parcel of having the youngest starting 11 in the prem.

I just hope Dembele or Alli in the final third is a permanent thing. Will Poch bring Chadli back into it when all fit?
Fuck off back to the bin you worthless gooner maggot

No it wasn't. Won't even get into why.

Why do you disagree with me? Post match the pundits said Poch made a mistake not taking off Alli because of the potential ban.

What about Alli's temperament has told you that he could easily see out the rest of the game without getting a yellow? He's a firebrand. The needle on the pitch was already starting to spill over. Minutes after my tweet he got a yellow.

Facing Chelsea without Alli? Not good. Now we will only win by two goals instead of three. Alli's momentum was fantastic and he will be missed.

What I really think we will miss is his pace. If you take away pace from this team, things can get pretty leaden in the midfield. It's not just his pace, it's the amount of running he does.

That card did us no favors. Chelsea will be dangerous until we run them into the ground. Alli is a massive part of our endless running that wear teams down. Even games we did not win like Utd and the Gooners in the cup they were at deaths door at the end due to Bentaleb etc running them ragged. It's genetic stallions like Alli that we need to run circles around a creaking Chelsea in the final third. Not taking him off was shortsighted. I'm Dembele's biggest fan, but he struggles to last 90. Mason will struggle due to fitness. Bentaleb the same. Eriksen can last but he can be a non event off the ball. Lamela can be a liability off the ball.

I think you are underplaying the importance of what happened.

I don't think what he did had to do with a bad temper, it had everything to do with our squad mentality of "having each others' back." He as a friend/team mate of Kane was going to watch Noble push Kane around without getting in his face. I prefer that and a one match ban to a team of "you're on your own".

He's a cunt and I love it. Gone are the days Spurs get pushed around on the field.

Shame he'll miss Chelsea, but at least we can throw him in for Europa.

Son/Eriksen/Lamela will be a fine back 3 behind Kane for the Chavs.

We are picking up yellows for all the right reasons, for being aggressive and I LOVE it!

Couldn't give a damn about suspensions, I'll now be disappointed we have an outfield player that is not suspended once this season. Long may it continue.

Also, slightly related, have you noticed when our boys get fouled they don't roll around on the floor acting like they have been shot. They are straight up onto their feet, often with a little handshake with the oppo player. If they are genuinely injured I've hardly noticed them leave the field e.g. Chadli, Rose both were off the field before replacement on, no fuss just getting on with it. Fucking love it.

Why do you disagree with me? Post match the pundits said Poch made a mistake not taking off Alli because of the potential ban.

What about Alli's temperament has told you that he could easily see out the rest of the game without getting a yellow? He's a firebrand. The needle on the pitch was already starting to spill over. Minutes after my tweet he got a yellow.

Facing Chelsea without Alli? Not good. Now we will only win by two goals instead of three. Alli's momentum was fantastic and he will be missed.

What I really think we will miss is his pace. If you take away pace from this team, things can get pretty leaden in the midfield. It's not just his pace, it's the amount of running he does.

That card did us no favors. Chelsea will be dangerous until we run them into the ground. Alli is a massive part of our endless running that wear teams down. Even games we did not win like Utd and the Gooners in the cup they were at deaths door at the end due to Bentaleb etc running them ragged. It's genetic stallions like Alli that we need to run circles around a creaking Chelsea in the final third. Not taking him off was shortsighted. I'm Dembele's biggest fan, but he struggles to last 90. Mason will struggle due to fitness. Bentaleb the same. Eriksen can last but he can be a non event off the ball. Lamela can be a liability off the ball.

I think you are underplaying the importance of what happened.

You still don't understand pressing, do you? Eriksen and Lamela liabilities off the ball? They're both some of our strongest runners

You still don't understand pressing, do you? Eriksen and Lamela liabilities off the ball? They're both some of our strongest runners

Eriksen and Lamela are nailed on class players. They have the most natural talent IMO. I'm not about to claim they are good at pressing compared to Alli.

If there is a weak link off the ball it's them, usually resulting in Rose and Walker having to do too much compared to what Jan and Toby have to deal with (which is understandable).

Lamela being better at is is a very new thing, only two months of improvement. If you want to hang your hook on a few months of improved form tracking, then I don't think you have a very solid opinion.

If pushed, I'd rather see Dembele or Alli in front of Walker instead of Lamela. Eriksen I would rather play in the middle for the sake of Rose. Most of Eriksen's magic this season has been from set pieces where he is uncontested. IMO he should be doing WAY MORE in terms of goals from open play with the skill set he has. And being surrounded by Alli, Dembele and Kane will help his natural game centrally.

I think we saw how much we can dominate without Lamela. In fact, the previous game is proof positive that i was correct to think our whole team is better if we limit the slight players in the squad.

Having more physical players like Alli and Dembele in and around Eriksen worked wonders.

Why would you claim I don't understand pressing, a game after this game in particular? I said before the game that Lamela out would probably result in Alli or Dembele going further forward, so it would test my opinion of having more steel in the final third.

I don't mind if we carry on playing Lamela and Eriksen as right and left sided midfielders. But we have a reference point regarding having someone better at pressing. We played an alternative to Lamela and we won 4-1.

Eriksen and Lamela are nailed on class players. They have the most natural talent IMO. I'm not about to claim they are good at pressing compared to Alli.

If there is a weak link off the ball it's them, usually resulting in Rose and Walker having to do too much compared to what Jan and Toby have to deal with (which is understandable).

Lamela being better at is is a very new thing, only two months of improvement. If you want to hang your hook on a few months of improved form tracking, then I don't think you have a very solid opinion.

If pushed, I'd rather see Dembele or Alli in front of Walker instead of Lamela. Eriksen I would rather play in the middle for the sake of Rose. Most of Eriksen's magic this season has been from set pieces where he is uncontested. IMO he should be doing WAY MORE in terms of goals from open play with the skill set he has. And being surrounded by Alli, Dembele and Kane will help his natural game centrally.

I think we saw how much we can dominate without Lamela. In fact, the previous game is proof positive that i was correct to think our whole team is better if we limit the slight players in the squad.

Having more physical players like Alli and Dembele in and around Eriksen worked wonders.

Why would you claim I don't understand pressing, a game after this game in particular? I said before the game that Lamela out would probably result in Alli or Dembele going further forward, so it would test my opinion of having more steel in the final third.

I don't mind if we carry on playing Lamela and Eriksen as right and left sided midfielders. But we have a reference point regarding having someone better at pressing. We played an alternative to Lamela and we won 4-1.
Sorta see your point, but you still claimed we were weak on the wings before the game. We didn't allow crosses into the box, the press worked very well, even without physically strong players on the wings.
Lamela has always been working hard and been good in the press, lately he's just added more to his game

Got half way through this novel before wondering who wrote so much drivel, scrolled back up and saw u were back - please for the love of all that is Spurs take a step back and accept your opinion is simply that, your opinion! It means no more than anyone else's so please stop forcing it down our eyes

Sorta see your point, but you still claimed we were weak on the wings before the game. We didn't allow crosses into the box, the press worked very well, even without physically strong players on the wings.
Lamela has always been working hard and been good in the press, lately he's just added more to his game

As it stands I'm not even complaining about it. Because the flip side of Lamela and Eriksen will be entertaining and get you goals. I'm just constantly being pressed to explain why I would avoid playing both if all are fit.

I would rather we didn't give the opposition any easy entry by keeping the left and right sided midfielders more like Alli, Dembele, Bentaleb, Mason.

This would benefit Eriksen IMO. He needs to be closer to the goal to get more shots off. Him and Lamela would be a natural swap so both would get loads of games if I had my say.

I also think it would benefit Walker and Rose with better cover if they do get forward. WH did get behind Rose a few times too easily because he was isolated. Esp in the first half.

Lamela has been working his bollocks off. I'd like him to have a more attacking role. He'll work his bollocks off in an area more suited for him.

It's a win win for everyone IMO. Eriksen ran himself into the ground last season.

Alli or Dembele further forward shpuld continue IMO.

Last edited:
Also, slightly related, have you noticed when our boys get fouled they don't roll around on the floor acting like they have been shot. They are straight up onto their feet, often with a little handshake with the oppo player. If they are genuinely injured I've hardly noticed them leave the field e.g. Chadli, Rose both were off the field before replacement on, no fuss just getting on with it. Fucking love it.
Between this and our increasing contingent of English talent, we're quickly becoming the anti-Woolwich.
:kaneear:

We are picking up yellows for all the right reasons, for being aggressive and I LOVE it!

Couldn't give a damn about suspensions, I'll now be disappointed we have an outfield player that is not suspended once this season. Long may it continue.

I would add it also shows that everyone has each others backs which highlights the amazing team spirit at the moment! It's great to see the fight we have every game.

Back
Top Bottom