January 2016 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's opinion on Volland?

Must confess I've not seen him play but from the descriptions he sounds like he might fit the bill as a Kane back up.
He's bloody amazing, been begging for him for ages, and I fully back your second point, he fits that bill perfectly, he would certainly challenge for the first team, with him able to cover the 3 behind Kane also

I saw some stories linking us with Islam Slimani. He's older than I think we'd go for, and Sporting probably will want too much for him ... but YES PLEASE NOW. He'd be a tremendous fit for us.

What's everyone's opinion on Volland?

Must confess I've not seen him play but from the descriptions he sounds like he might fit the bill as a Kane back up.
Volland is fantastic, but he's going absolutely nowhere in January.

Hoffenheim are in a relegation battle and won't sell him until the summer. After that I'm sure Volland is going to be on the move, but I'd be willing to bet he simply moves up to better German club.

Ah yes. We should have signed Lacazette for 21m because this article said Liverpool 'should' get him. I mean, it's not like Lacazette himself said he wasn't going to move to a club that wasn't in the Champions League.

The question wasn't who should we sign, it was who else would cost less than 25 million. Try and take it in context mate. I've never once suggested we should sign Lacazette.

I'm starting to realise that our new transfer policy means that we probably won't see a "big name" type player coming in during this window that will make an immediate impact on the team.

Our new strategy seem to be buying players with raw talent that will buy into the philosophy and be shaped and molded over a season or two.

It's a shame because i think that if we strengthened our first team in one or two positions then we could really do something special this season.

Mind you, it's still better than our old transfer policy of just buying whoever is performing well at a team in the bottom half of the table regardless of whether they will suit our system or not.

I just hope that another short sighted window doesn't leave us spending all summer worrying that we're gonna lose Hugo or Eriksen or even Poch (The Madrid job will be up soon no doubt).

Go on Levy, son. Make that signing we're all craving. We need a world class tea lady brought in :levystare:

Gareth Bale: I love life in Spain... but I miss tea and chocolate!

:baletroll::levyeyes:

On a more serious note, Bale does come off as someone who's had his adventure and doesn't quite fancy it anymore. Obviously, he won't come out and say that, as the Spanish press and fans would have a field day. Not saying, I believe we'll sign him. Actually, I'm more worried, we'll see him a buttugly red shirt:dier:

I'm starting to realise that our new transfer policy means that we probably won't see a "big name" type player coming in during this window that will make an immediate impact on the team.

Our new strategy seem to be buying players with raw talent that will buy into the philosophy and be shaped and molded over a season or two.

It's a shame because i think that if we strengthened our first team in one or two positions then we could really do something special this season.

Mind you, it's still better than our old transfer policy of just buying whoever is performing well at a team in the bottom half of the table regardless of whether they will suit our system or not.

I just hope that another short sighted window doesn't leave us spending all summer worrying that we're gonna lose Hugo or Eriksen or even Poch (The Madrid job will be up soon no doubt).

With regards to Poch, I'm not worried at this stage. There's only a handfull or so jobs that would be a step up for him. And quite a few of them I cannot see being the right fit for Poch (and I think, he knows it). Real Madrid is the best example of this. The presidency at that club is won by promising fans huge signings with players with huge egos following. I somehow cannot see Poch getting Ronaldo & co buying into his philosophy, and much less see Poch telling Perez (or whoever will be president): "No, I don't want the 150 million superstar, you promised to get elected. They won't run enough", and getting away with it. The only place I could really see us losing him to is Barca (and maybe Bayern). Imagine what Poch could do with Barca's academy combined with the financial muscle to buy a few world class players with the right attitude. Frightening! Does someone with better understanding of Spanish football than me know whether his history with Espanyol would rule him out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom