The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They chased someone in their range rover, caught him and stabbed him. Not sure if that's true but that's what i've heard.

n17troops n17troops any information? :allitongue:

not been on here in a few days as been on holiday, i watched the game online though and loved it, my sis was there and said the singing was best its been all season finally humiliating those gypsys

looking forward to Sunday already, hope we keep this going, its special

The thing which concerns me about Chelsea is that I could see Jose sending his players out to start a fight. He needs passion from his team at the moment and he knows if challenged we will stick up for each other and scrap. He did it with Torres a couple years ago and it backfired but I could see him risking it given the circumstances. their best chance to beat us is in an uneven fight. In a fair fight I just don't think they can compete with us at the moment.

I think although we have a young team we don`t have a naive team , it hasn`t really been mentioned by the media but they have had an excellent temperment this season , Giroud tried it all game with Vertonghen we got on with it and Dier got in his face with a few choice words without really getting in his face , West Ham also tried to drag the game down when they realised they were woefully outmatched and surrounded Spurs players on three or four occasions ,personally i felt Alli was wrongfully booked , I think the team handles that side of the game well especially Dier who gave Sahko a right cunting off at one point yesterday but he never takes it too far.

I think although we have a young team we don`t have a naive team , it hasn`t really been mentioned by the media but they have had an excellent temperment this season , Giroud tried it all game with Vertonghen we got on with it and Dier got in his face with a few choice words without really getting in his face , West Ham also tried to drag the game down when they realised they were woefully outmatched and surrounded Spurs players on three or four occasions ,personally i felt Alli was wrongfully booked , I think the team handles that side of the game well especially Dier who gave Sahko a right cunting off at one point yesterday but he never takes it too far.

Agree. We get involved and stand our ground but in what seems to be a very controlled way. I like the edge this gives us. Super Jan is a great wind up merchant and never oversteps the mark.

Must say I enjoyed watching yesterday's game. At no point did I have the usual "Here we go again - We lost a 2-0 lead" feeling I have become accustomed to over the years. Boys looked solid, I'm control. Passing was awesome, movement off the ball good. Very impressed. Now I have the dreaded Chelsea again feeling coming through...
you must be a new fan, i still had a little bit of that feeling even when we were 3 - 0 up

CUgHcJJWEAAi4vI.jpg

CP1Y65nU8AEqDia.jpg

Organized fights between fans are fairly common in Denmark at least
It still goes on here, believe me. Not just on match days either.

I have been thinking for a while it is only a matter of time before some of those racist Spammers are put to the knife by the local brothers of Scotland Green, Star / TDM
What with all the racist abuse they shout and sing towards Blacks on their way down the High Road. They only need to say it to the wrong few.

you must be a new fan, i still had a little bit of that feeling even when we were 3 - 0 up

Mine went away with the 3-0 goal, but I was tearing my hair out when Kane missed the sitter and Alli hit the bar at 2-0. I could almost hear the 'and you fucked it up, 2-0' chants ringing out from the pikey end.

The thing which concerns me about Chelsea is that I could see Jose sending his players out to start a fight. He needs passion from his team at the moment and he knows if challenged we will stick up for each other and scrap. He did it with Torres a couple years ago and it backfired but I could see him risking it given the circumstances. their best chance to beat us is in an uneven fight. In a fair fight I just don't think they can compete with us at the moment.
Agree and he will park the bus. He will desperately want not to lose this game.

Have we though?

So far we've had Lloris, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Dembele, Chadli, Eriksen, Pritchard and Son injured at the very least.

It could have been worse, but I'd say that 8 of our top 15 players missing games due to injuries in the first three months of the season isn't anywhere near lucky.

Yes, backup is good, but if anything we've proven that we do have good backup. We don't know yet if we have good enough backup up front, but personally I believe that we have the versatility to be ok should Kane be injured. Of course, we don't have the backup to be as good without Kane as with him, in his current form, but I don't think we'd be better off with West Broms backup as our backup.

And, and this is very important, especially for a club that wants to develop young players: Too much backup is a thing, and can easily be a problem.
lots of good points u made. id still disagree with how much we would miss kane & also dier .
to a lesser extent lloris & either CBs would be a hinderance!

Found this gem on KUMB

did spurs have better quality? no
did spurs have a stronger squad? no
did spurs work hard? yes
did spurs close down our players? yes
did spurs play with a high tempo? yes

The only reason we lost is because Pocchetino got more out of his players than Bilic did of ours

:eriksenlol:

Found this gem on KUMB

did spurs have better quality? no
did spurs have a stronger squad? no
did spurs work hard? yes
did spurs close down our players? yes
did spurs play with a high tempo? yes

The only reason we lost is because Pocchetino got more out of his players than Bilic did of ours

:eriksenlol:
Are West Ham fans deluded? Yes.

As I see it we are playing MUCH more physical this year and particularly in the matches we do well in. We are closing down on the ball and nearly mugging the opposition. Quite frankly I'm surprised we get away with a lot of it

Dire, Dembele & Delle (3D) are leading the way with this. Too bad the Bruise Brothers won't be together against Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom