The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They were nowhere near our level of quality.

Granted they didn't have Payet, but neither did we have Lamela. Yes he's the heart of their squad, but what does that really say about their club when they're summed up by one player? We've been there ourselves in previous seasons, so I can sympathize, but Sunday was just a grossly unfair contest. Across the pitch they were simply beaten man for man. It really was surprising just how much better we were than them, so none of them have an ounce of an argument by saying otherwise.

Is Payet really better than the rest of our squad combined? Because that's what it would have taken on Sunday, it was simply that one sided. None of their players came remotely close to matching up with our boys.

And they are that, boys. Youngest side in the league. Which only makes the performance more depressing for west ham.
HA yes there was countless posts on KUMB about how if Payet would have played the outcome would have been totally different. The level of delusion those idiots have is hilarious. Messi could have played for them Sunday and it wouldn't have mattered. They barely had a kick of the ball.

The long and short of it is;

Before the game they thought only goal difference was the thing separating the two clubs, but now they realise that's it's a massive gulf that separates us.
Just because they had a decent start they have tried to use that to say they are now on par with us, but the difference was more than evident on Sunday. They never had one player who had played that week and were all well rested, most of ours played in midweek but showed we are so much fitter and so much better than them.
This really was a reality check for those deluded Muppets.

All they talk about is how they beat Liverpool, Man City, Woolwich and Chelsea, and use that to convince themselves they are as good as us, what you never hear them mention that during that time, they also lost to Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford and only just scraped a draw against Norwich, not to mention the most humiliating European campaign in living history. They lost to a Pub side from Malta and got knocked out to an even worse team from Romania.
We had all this last season, " mind the gap " etc and how they were way above us in the league, but we finished 17points above them and they crawled back under their tarmac drives.
They learnt nothing from last seasons embarrassment as the same comments have been used this season because of their decent start, but once again, they slowly realise that they are a bottom half club that are a million miles away from where we are..
They have always given me hours upon hours of enjoyment trying to be as good as us, and it is clearly evident that it will continue for a long long time.

n17troops n17troops any information? :allitongue:

not been on here in a few days as been on holiday, i watched the game online though and loved it, my sis was there and said the singing was best its been all season finally humiliating those gypsys

looking forward to Sunday already, hope we keep this going, its special

Before the game they thought only goal difference was the thing separating the two clubs, but now they realise that's it's a massive gulf that separates us.
Just because they had a decent start they have tried to use that to say they are now on par with us, but the difference was more than evident on Sunday. They never had one player who had played that week and were all well rested, most of ours played in midweek but showed we are so much fitter and so much better than them.

All they talk about is how they beat Liverpool, Man City, Woolwich and Chelsea, and use that to convince themselves they are as good as us, what you never hear them mention that during that time, they also lost to Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford and only just scraped a draw against Norwich, not to mention the most humiliating European campaign in living history. They lost to a Pub side from Malta and got knocked out to an even worse team from Romania.
We had all this last season, " mind the gap " etc and how they were way above us in the league, but we finished 17points above them and they crawled back under their tarmac drives.
They learnt nothing from last seasons embarrassment as the same comments have been used this season because of their decent start, but once again, they slowly realise that they are a bottom half club that are a million miles away from where we are..
They have always given me hours upon hours of enjoyment trying to be as good as us, and it is clearly evident that it will continue for a long long time.

Well said Billy , I wish they would forget about us and latch them selves onto Crystal Palace they have an outside chance of finishing above them this season.

Sorry but regardless of how well we're doing at the moment and the strength of the best 11-13 players, we do not have any back-up for Kane. Son has played very little football for us at all let alone in the league. His couple of goals early do not make him a striker, we can't sugar-coat the tap-ins against Quarabag that much. Don't get carried away. There has also been very little seen of N'Jie, moments of raw promise and that's all.

When you look at what Kane does for the team on and off the ball as well as his goals, it should be clear he is critical and doesn't even have a near equal for the role in our squad!
I know kane is highly rated by us all.
but I think people will be surprised how much we do miss him when he isn't playing.

the jobs he does & the effect of those things that go fairly unnoticed.
the on & off the ball stuff u mention is crucial.
this makes it a lot easier for others to shine & be more effective.

as u say, no one in our team can do anything even similar.

how did they manage to beat Liverpool, Man City, Woolwich and Chelsea?
I only saw the goals for those games on MOTD.
but the way they played against us, I can't imagine how they manage to beat all of them.
Chelsea are out of form so I get that one.

how did they manage to beat Liverpool, Man City, Woolwich and Chelsea?
I only saw the goals for those games on MOTD.
but the way they played against us, I can't imagine how they manage to beat all of them.
Chelsea are out of form so I get that one.

Right place right time.. Woolwich are always slow starters, Liverpoll were still under Rodgers and Man city came up against 11 defenders after being hit with an early goal.. The true West Ham were evident against Bournemouth and Watford.. and also against us..

West Ham didn't know what to do when they went behind, they scored first in all of those big wins, we struck the first blow, then took a shit in their mouths. Lovely to watch.

All they talk about is how they beat Liverpool, Man City, Woolwich and Chelsea, and use that to convince themselves they are as good as us, what you never hear them mention that during that time, they also lost to Bournemouth, Leicester, Watford and only just scraped a draw against Norwich, not to mention the most humiliating European campaign in living history.

Agree, it sums up their season so far. I wouldn't dismiss them as shite,for me, it undermines how well we did against them. They can get it right on occasions but we were never going to let that happen.
Slaven Bilić was in shock after the game.

Agree, it sums up their season so far. I wouldn't dismiss them as shite,for me, it undermines how well we did against them. They can get it right on occasions but we were never going to let that happen.
Slaven Bilić was in shock after the game.

He was.
The only thing I will say is that Bilić did have the decency to admit they got battered in his interviews.

n17troops n17troops any information? :allitongue:

not been on here in a few days as been on holiday, i watched the game online though and loved it, my sis was there and said the singing was best its been all season finally humiliating those gypsys

looking forward to Sunday already, hope we keep this going, its special
FOR SALE.
2011_land_rover_range_rover_sport_hse-pic-6112331594978226034.gif

They were nowhere near our level of quality.

Granted they didn't have Payet, but neither did we have Lamela. Yes he's the heart of their squad, but what does that really say about their club when they're summed up by one player? We've been there ourselves in previous seasons, so I can sympathize, but Sunday was just a grossly unfair contest. Across the pitch they were simply beaten man for man. It really was surprising just how much better we were than them, so none of them have an ounce of an argument by saying otherwise.

Is Payet really better than the rest of our squad combined? Because that's what it would have taken on Sunday, it was simply that one sided. None of their players came remotely close to matching up with our boys.

And they are that, boys. Youngest side in the league. Which only makes the performance more depressing for west ham.
I remember them cunting us for relying on Bale with 'one man team' can't win without him' so it's really ironic that they are now claiming they didn't win because of Payet.
Just as Ironic as them calling us scum, after condoning stabbings calling us punchbags of Europe.
The most ironic is that to even qualify for being called the punchbags of Europe, you first have to be in it.
Neanderthal, racist, inbred two bob, snide, plastic east end gangsters.
I bet a few wives got weighed in Sunday evening. :dembelefingers:

I remember them cunting us for relying on Bale with 'one man team' can't win without him' so it's really ironic that they are now claiming they didn't win because of Payet.
Fantastic point dude. They were very vocal with their "Spurs are a one man team" crap. Payet goes down and they think their whole team is done for.
:eriksenlol:

Back
Top Bottom