Capital One Cup; Home to Woolwich..

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It´s one thing what you want and another thing what you think the coach will do.

I think there will be pretty much rotation, but I´m not sure I want it for this game.

I hope:
Lloris
Trippier - Toby - Wimmer - Rose
______Dier___Alli
Son----Lamela----Eriksen
_______Kane

I think:
___________Lloris
Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Rose
______Winks___Dembele
Townsend__Eriksen___Prichard
__________N'jie

It´s one thing what you want and another thing what you think the coach will do.

I think there will be pretty much rotation, but I´m not sure I want it for this game.

I hope:
Lloris
Trippier - Toby - Wimmer - Rose
______Dier___Alli
Son----Lamela----Eriksen
_______Kane

I think:
___________Lloris
Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Rose
______Winks___Dembele
Townsend__Eriksen___Prichard
__________N'jie

There is no way he will make 10 changes from the team that played Palace. No chance at all.

We have more depth in our squad than Woolwich do, our fitness levels are better and they've only got one natural striker. They're the ones who have to worry about rotation. We have the flexibility to bring out a brand new starting 11, they don't.

But anyway, this match holds no significance so let's just play the U21s, throw lloris up front and put Kane in goal.

Is it just a cup match? Not at all. Its a chance to beat the arse and fucking enjoy it too.

A night match, mid-week and a real chance to spark some life into the Lane and wind those gooner prats up good and propper. IMO Anyone suggesting playing anything but our strongest 11 really need to think about the consequences of a possible defeat at this point in the season to Woolwich of all teams! COYS!!

We have more depth in our squad than Woolwich do, our fitness levels are better and they've only got one natural striker. They're the ones who have to worry about rotation. We have the flexibility to bring out a brand new starting 11, they don't.

But anyway, this match holds no significance so let's just play the U21s, throw lloris up front and put Kane in goal.

I'm sure Kane would be fantastic at goals. He looks like a born shot stopper. :kanewtf:

Tbh, I think a loss against Woolwich would be catastrophic to the mood in the dressing room. This is why I want us to play our best 11 and risk injuries. Rotate in smaller games, not against our biggest rivals.

The best 11 depends on almost limitless factors. knocks, fatigue, tactics, opposition, whether the game is settled on the night, players coming back from injury, who has trained well/badly etc.

It's in a constant state of flux based on those factors. The best XI for Woolwich won't necessarily be the same as for City, or the same as the XI that faced Palace. If the team picked itself for every game Poch could lie on a beach between September and May and we'd be fine.

Keep the same team that beat Palace for both Woolwich and Man City games. They are young, fit, fast and on-form. They can have a rest next week away from the Europa game.

A bit embarrassing isn't it?

36.5k capacity - 21.5k ST - 3k Woolwich allocation leaves 12k for the 70k members...... and there are 600 left on StubHub.

Cant wait for our new 61k seater stadium!
Think this also highlights the number of Yids that have more than one ST. I know of many that go every game home and away, but they also own other ST's and rent those out, essentially giving themselves a free ST.

Any idea how the club can prove whether or not if one is a One Hotspur member?

Not sure, StubHub asks you to put in your membership number & post code. It does not specify if you actually need the card with you when you pick up the ticket (otherwise you could borrow someone elses details). Or whether a member that has already bought one can buy another with the same details.

Back
Top Bottom