Sunday Funday with Crystal Palace!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City's midfield never track back, Toure is awful with his defensive positioning. City are also on a low and they tend to fight it hard to pick themselves back up again, Aguero not fully fit, Silva possibly out injured. Quite optimistic about facing them.

And for anyone wondering, yes I do want us to beat them and I will be at the game.
they can hurt us on the wings though.
we are very fragile there.
a draw would be superb.

Same happens every year in the summer transfer window, there's always a player that raises their game to the bewilderment of the majority of the fanbase - Kane was the one that finally persuaded me I should just let the coaches get on with their jobs.......we don't see how these guys train or their potential. All the moaning about transfers is a load of bollocks.
so which central striker is raising there game this season?

Last season proves they cant fill in at DM, and Dier is doing something that we massively lacked.
So if he gets injured, Mason and Bentaleb dont suddenly become adequate DMs
i think mason seems so much more happy & comfortable playing further foward.

Gradually we're are starting to see a highe tempo to our play and the one touch pass and move is very impressive at times.

I think with Eriksen back and the addition of Son and Clinton our attacking options look a lot better.

Gradually we're are starting to see a highe tempo to our play and the one touch pass and move is very impressive at times.

I think with Eriksen back and the addition of Son and Clinton our attacking options look a lot better.
speed kills!

love fast players in the team. we were crying out for that last season.

i think mason seems so much more happy & comfortable playing further foward.

Definitely. He is not a DM, and cannot do what Dier is doing.

3 clean sheets in 3 PL games, yet supposedly we have an abundance of cover that can do as well as what Dier is doing.

Begs the question why we didnt just leave him in defence then and save the money spent on Toby eh....?

Spurs and Leicester the only two teams in the PL undefeated in last 5 games.
2 wins and 3 draws each.
In all honesty we deserved at least an extra 4 points from our first 4 games.
This 4 points would have seen us in 2nd.

Spurs and Leicester the only two teams in the PL undefeated in last 5 games.
2 wins and 3 draws each.
In all honesty we deserved at least an extra 4 points from our first 4 games.
This 4 points would have seen us in 2nd.
Flav needs to start predicting that we are going to win the league. Average age of 24, tight defence, Dier and Mason/Bentaleb/Alli owning the midfield, front 4 of Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Kane; Hugo, new stadium on the way. What a great time to be a Spurs fan - although you'd never guess it from this forum. And apparently we are the happy clappy forum, can't imagine what the other ones are like.

3 clean sheets in 3 PL games, yet supposedly we have an abundance of cover that can do as well as what Dier is doing.

Begs the question why we didnt just leave him in defence then and save the money spent on Toby eh....?
i think if we are honest, even poch would be suprised at how well dier is doing in that position.
i dont think the plan all along was to play dier in DM.

but this is football.

the obvious big concern is kane being are only central striker. hopefully we will get someone in january.

damned if you do damned if you

To be fair Sammy thats a pretty good snooker you've played there.

So, we should have saved the £11m, kept Dier at CB and used the £ to buy a DM?

So, on that logic if we would have bought a DM, kept Dier to play at CB, what would happen if the new DM got injured?
Should we have bought 2 DM's then Sammy?
Or, I suppose with that wonderful thing hindsight, would you now have Dier filling in if the new DM was injured?

You make me die.

If Dier gets injured we will probably play Alderweireld as DM. He can do it and has done it before.
We then have Wimmer or Fazio to cover at CB.
If not two out of Mason, Dembele or Bentaleb will have to suffice.

Last edited:
Flav needs to start predicting that we are going to win the league. Average age of 24, tight defence, Dier and Mason/Bentaleb/Alli owning the midfield, front 4 of Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Kane; Hugo, new stadium on the way. What a great time to be a Spurs fan - although you'd never guess it from this forum. And apparently we are the happy clappy forum, can't imagine what the other ones are like.
really? i think theres far more positive posters on the forum. easily out number the negative ones.

there are lots of positives. but i dont see why that makes it ok to have 1 central striker. it seems to be hindering kane a lot. we need to take care of our brightest stars. not burden them & give them no adaquete cover.

but this is ok because we are getting a new stadium. huh?

also no need to over exaggerate the positives by throwing lamela in. he was good yesterday but that doesnt mean we should rely on him being good most of the season. wait & see with him.

So, we should have saved the £11m, kept Dier at CB and used the £ to buy a DM?

So, on that logic if we would have bought a DM, kept Dier to play at CB, what would happen if the new DM got injured?
Should we have bought 2 DM's then Sammy?
Or, I suppose with that wonderful thing hindsight, would you now have Dier filling in if the new DM was injured?

You make me die.

If Dier gets injured we will probably play Alderweireld as DM. He can do it and has done it before.
We then have Wimmer or Fazio to cover at CB.
If not two out of Mason, Dembele or Bentaleb will have to suffice.
why were we after a DM then? if we knew dier would be good there & we have all this cover.
u must be livid the club were going to needlessly waste ££ on an a player who wasnt needed.
thank god the saints said no to wanyamas transfer request.

Toby can cover DM if needs be.
i think if we are honest, even poch would be suprised at how well dier is doing in that position.
i dont think the plan all along was to play dier in DM.
Of course it was. He hasn't played anywhere else, not even in pre-season. This is exactly what Poch expected and wanted.

Agreed he is not a DM which he is much better when he hasn't been shackled by having to continually cover up for Bentelab's shoddiness in giving the ball away.
With Dier he doesn't have to worry and can get on with his game as an AM!

No coincidence for me that our improvement has come after Bentelab 's injury but I still think he has a future but shd be restricted to EL/ cup games.

Back
Top Bottom