Sunday Funday with Crystal Palace!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a great result and performance.. I am so optimistic about this team.. There was a rumour going round today that this was the youngest starting 11 in prem history??
I just hope they all stick together and it will be one phenomenal side.
Eric Dier was superb today.. I'm still laughing at those who wet their knickers because Dier was going to be our DM instead of signing £25m Schneiderlin.. Hang your heads.. Dier is taking to that role like a duck to water.

The issues from last season was our defence and the amount we conceded. Poch targeted that issue and the early results are testament to him.. The defence is beginning to look very settled and very solid.
Son is going to be such a great player, his work rate is fantastic.. The more he plays the more confident he'll get.
Lamela put in a shift and the goal was down to his persistence.
The bloke sat behind me claims that goal was down to Eriksen?? he played a simple ball to Son but Lamela started it.
2-1 is so last year.. It's all about the 1-0 to the Tott-en-ham..

There was a Son looking lad with a Son shirt on who kept getting lifted into the air after the game.. He loved it.

Super Son-Day.. There's your headline..

Great day..

_85651065_songraphic.jpg

Started by a tackle at on the edge of our own box from Lamela.

Streamable - simple video sharing

Not worried at all about Kane. He is the lone striker, and he's supposed to have a bit of pressure on him to score goals, but the attacking side today looked resilient and relieves him of the typical target-man heebie-jeebies. It makes it easier for him to get back in form with his team-mates performing alongside of him.

Shine a light on Eric Dier, what a performance again! If he stays this way he might prove to be as important to the team as Carrick was some 10 seasons ago.

This win puts the opening weeks of the season into perspective. Every team is fighting tooth and nail for each point in this league at the moment, apart from City (who still managed to get turned over by the Spammers).

No easy games as they say. Ten years ago if you'd lost 3-4 games there's no way you'd have won the title, now the league is as competitive as its ever been (European results would suggest that its the overall quality of the top tier teams in England that has dropped, rather than the rest of the league improving).

Still guarantee ill hear "we should be beating these" from over my shoulder at some point during this season.

A decent good performance which we were the better team but could have easily lost
points but for the brilliance of our own Sans Cullotte .
Movement and tempo was better and with Eriksen on we had a cutting edge .
Chadli for me is very ponderous and slows everything down , in my opinion we
look better without him . Ali had a lot of purpose and Son goes at players .
A better than average team if the correct players are selected but miles off top 4 .

I think you've mistaken me for one of the other type of "fans" on here (either that or you're taking the piss).

I have no problem with Eriksen or his input for the goal (Son did 90% of the work though). I'm over the moon that he's back fit, he's quite clearly the most creative player in the team by a long shot. My point is that it seemed to lift the entire team when he came on.

That! Don't fret pet... I didn't expect you actually wanted him to rabona the pass to Son... I think we're all having to conceal our bonas that he's back in the team... we weren't quite the same without him!

What a great result and performance.. I am so optimistic about this team.. There was a rumour going round today that this was the youngest starting 11 in prem history??
I just hope they all stick together and it will be one phenomenal side.
Eric Dier was superb today.. I'm still laughing at those who wet their knickers because Dier was going to be our DM instead of signing £25m Schneiderlin.. Hang your heads.. Dier is taking to that role like a duck to water.

The issues from last season was our defence and the amount we conceded. Poch targeted that issue and the early results are testament to him.. The defence is beginning to look very settled and very solid.
Son is going to be such a great player, his work rate is fantastic.. The more he plays the more confident he'll get.
Lamela put in a shift and the goal was down to his persistence.
The bloke sat behind me claims that goal was down to Eriksen?? he played a simple ball to Son but Lamela started it.
2-1 is so last year.. It's all about the 1-0 to the Tott-en-ham..

There was a Son looking lad with a Son shirt on who kept getting lifted into the air after the game.. He loved it.

Super Son-Day.. There's your headline..

Great day..

I echo all of the above and WOW, the atmosphere created by our fans was absolutely fantastic today. Didn't hear anything from the Palace fans for the entire match, which is odd considering how good their home support is.

It was a great performance all-round today and the score line did not reflect how well we played and dominated the game.

The defence looked really well organised, as Jan & Toby appear to have developed a really good partnership at the back. Dele Alli was brilliant throughout and was instrumental in everything we did going forward. 'Sonaldo' had another great game today as well and was well worth his man-of-the-match award.

Feeling so much more positive, than I did even two weeks ago and can't wait for Woolwich on Wednesday.

Last edited:
A decent good performance which we were the better team but could have easily lost
points but for the brilliance of our own Sans Cullotte .
Movement and tempo was better and with Eriksen on we had a cutting edge .
Chadli for me is very ponderous and slows everything down , in my opinion we
look better without him . Ali had a lot of purpose and Son goes at players .
A better than average team if the correct players are selected but miles off top 4 .
Neither United or Liverpool look top four quality so far.

The one stand out point among a very good performance is that our vulnerability, which is far from gone, is eroding. Dier, Toby and Jan are forming a solid triangle of players who appear to be growing in comfort playing the ball among themselves.

Davies and Walker are quite similar; neither is playing poorly but both make mistakes that put us instantly under pressure, perhaps that is playing poorly? Either way Walker is still a weak link.

Lamela improved but let's not allow improvement from awful to bearable mask the fact he gives the ball away an astonishing number of times (I read 11 times in the first 30 minutes - which is terrible). Chadli is, as he has always been, a player who's goals have masked an inability to truly influence the game. I understand that might be a daft thing to say but there have a few occasions where a goal, of relative simplicity has masked an otherwise underwhelming performance. Today there was no goal but plenty to underwhelm.

Saving my last for the Son, Kane, Alli and Eriksen. Son will improve, needs to be a little more decisive in possession but what a pleasure to have a player who is direct and quick on the break, and with one idea, to score. Alli has such an abundance of quality that even at 19 he wants to dominate the game. I really do love having him in the side, and hopefully for many years to come.

Kane, for the first time this season, looked a little despondent but he needn't be. There is a lot of good will earned from last season but that is not relevant when talking about a player who still does so much for the team. He will score, he will be potent and he is vital.

Welcome back Eriksen. Chuffed to have him, and see his supply to the wide forwards for whom he will be vital to their success.

Very happy with today (plus an Ireland and Dublin win means I must have been a very good boy this past week!).

Back
Top Bottom