Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Autumn 2016:

FORMER SPURS BOSS POCHETTINO DIDNT WANT SIGNINGS
Former Tottenham head coach claims players were signed above his head
"Did not" get the players he wanted
Says he was scapegoat for 9th place finish
New boss Owen Coyle was approached back in January

Time will tell. Thing is if he didn't want those players why are they here? Surely Poch and Mitchell had involvement? I'm not sure that excuse would hold water, should it ever be used.

Time will tell. Thing is if he didn't want those players why are they here? Surely Poch and Mitchell had involvement? I'm not sure that excuse would hold water, should it ever be used.

I agree totally, but as you say, where are they?

We are experimenting and learning with the youngest squad and blaaahhhh, blaaaahhhhh as everyone keeps pointing out, but in 3 games, Pochs "own signings" are not getting a look in, bar Toby.

I for one dont get the idea that manager can be completely neglected when signing players, yah when you have a director of football there are going to be differences but that does not mean baldini n bald head would deliberately reject pochs demands , if posh might have shortlisted 3 players in each transfer windows thats equals to 10 players atlest 3-4 of them should be at the club at the moment i cant accept that not even single player is signed which poch wanted, its not like poch must have asked to sign players like ronaldo,messi,ribery even he knows the practical limitations . In 16 months thoes 3-4 players + kane,loris,eriksen,jan who are previous managers good signings who posh would surely have in his plan ,Imo that should be enough for him to get the team working coz again its not like we are asking him to win the league, i for one dont see any improvment in the squad in last 1&half yrs only thing that has improved is Deadwood clearout and poch has nothing to do with it

We can't sack another manager after less than a season and a half. Unless he a) completely loses the faith of the players or b) does something off the pitch that fucks with the club (see Nigel Pearson) or c) has us in a relegation battle by Christmas.

Everyone said the guy needs a few years and the club needs some stability. It's amazing how quickly some people chuck their toys out of the pram.

I'm not saying I'm happy with how things are at the moment. It's immensely frustrating. Especially when we see how poss poor our attacking play has been at times. I'm sure the manager isn't sat there thinking that this is the final product we're going for and is working to improve every day. And I don't think saying 'we played well' in a presser is him saying he's satisfied. How many managers come out and say "yeah we were crap" unless they've just had a massive tonking and it's obvious to anyone. (Jose excluded)

Ok let's wait until Xmas then before we get rid and then another season bites the dust!

:pochbye:

Agreed I think people accusing of other of melting are not looking at this correctly. Most are not having a go at Poch, we want to give him a chance, that's why we are frustrated because we feel he isn't properly backed. We should never go into a season with three positions unfilled (striker, pacey winger, DM) but we have not to mention the shambles of a pre-season.

We have seen this behaviour from Levy many times and it's always the manager that carries the can. Then we sack the manager, get a new one and repeat the process.

In a nutshell.

Getting rid of the manager isn't the answer. Levy learning from past mistakes is. But the chances of that happening seem pretty low.

But they're linked and it's no use saying that Poch needs time to rebuild because in the time he's been here I can't see any tangible progress!

AVB was supposed to be rebuilding but wasn't given the time and it wasn't because fans were unhappy as I've previously said Levy couldn't give a toss what the fans think.
Probably AVB went because he started standing up to Levy whereas Pooch rolls over to have his tummy tickled while U.S. Fans have to endure this shit!

:avbhumph:

If it was a proven high level manager or we showed signs of progression then I'd give Poch far more time. I just don't get what people see in him, and find his track record concerning to say the least. He started well with Espanyol then fell back substantially in the second half of his third season before a mind-boggling start to his final season there when he picked up 9 points from 13 games. The club sacked him and replaced him with a decent journeyman who performed a minor miracle to escape relegation. I don't care that his squad was heavily impacted by player sales before that season, 9 points from 13 is utterly unacceptable.

Then at Southampton he took over a good attacking team and added a high energy style, doing well but not amazingly so when taken in context of the good young talent and the job Koeman did after Poch left. Once again though, Poch's Southampton started looking distinctly average in his last few months in charge. 8th with a squad subsequently sold off for over
£150m? Did he make those players, or was he benefiting from some good emerging talent? A bit of both I reckon.

Apart from a couple of standout games (and I'm not including the 5-3) I think we've regressed in our football and based on the above track record I fail to see why so many have faith that he'll come good if given time. That said, a managerial change is only a good idea if we know we can replace with a better option, and if none are available then we stick with Poch until there is, and keep our fingers crossed that he proves me horribly wrong.

Let's start with Verts getting deservedly dropped for that howler yesterday showing the inside to an opposition winger inside the box.
If Wimmer fit then play him!
If Rose fit play him rather than Davies who has never impressed me!

I for one dont get the idea that manager can be completely neglected when signing players
That is to be expected of a club where managers are disposable. Only one person's opinion truly means anything around here...
We don't even call them managers, mind you... they're head coaches. To our 'hardboiled' chairman they're nothing more than glorified fitness-trainers...

Wow, people really have jumped onto this idea of Poch not getting any say on transfer targets as if its indisputable fact. I certainly belive he hasn't got some of his first choices but if the players don't want to move, or prefer a move to CL clubs then you need to look elsewhere and I frankly doubt that Poch isn't consulted at all on any major signing we make.

Its laughable that people should be holding Poch responsible for the current mess. You could put anyone from Mourinho or Guardiola to fucking Popeye and Andy Pandy in charge of this squad and it would still be struggling to beat Leicester and Stoke. He`s been dealt a shit hand by Levy, again. Why can people not see that the only interest the current owners have in our club is their long term profit. Success on the pitch is a complete irrelevance to them. My only gripe with Poch is that he seems to be Levy`s lapdog.

Its laughable that people should be holding Poch responsible for the current mess. You could put anyone from Mourinho or Guardiola to fucking Popeye and Andy Pandy in charge of this squad and it would still be struggling to beat Leicester and Stoke. He`s been dealt a shit hand by Levy, again. Why can people not see that the only interest the current owners have in our club is their long term profit. Success on the pitch is a complete irrelevance to them. My only gripe with Poch is that he seems to be Levy`s lapdog.

But if he is such a lapdog ,a manager who couldn't even convince owners to back him as many are saying that he has been given no money by bald head what is he doing at our club? Whats the point in continuing him?

If it was a proven high level manager or we showed signs of progression then I'd give Poch far more time. I just don't get what people see in him, and find his track record concerning to say the least. He started well with Espanyol then fell back substantially in the second half of his third season before a mind-boggling start to his final season there when he picked up 9 points from 13 games. The club sacked him and replaced him with a decent journeyman who performed a minor miracle to escape relegation. I don't care that his squad was heavily impacted by player sales before that season, 9 points from 13 is utterly unacceptable.

Then at Southampton he took over a good attacking team and added a high energy style, doing well but not amazingly so when taken in context of the good young talent and the job Koeman did after Poch left. Once again though, Poch's Southampton started looking distinctly average in his last few months in charge. 8th with a squad subsequently sold off for over
£150m? Did he make those players, or was he benefiting from some good emerging talent? A bit of both I reckon.

Apart from a couple of standout games (and I'm not including the 5-3) I think we've regressed in our football and based on the above track record I fail to see why so many have faith that he'll come good if given time. That said, a managerial change is only a good idea if we know we can replace with a better option, and if none are available then we stick with Poch until there is, and keep our fingers crossed that he proves me horribly wrong.
The lack of managerial candidates certainly is bothersome. I was on the fence with Poch because I felt it was too risky. The reason I say Levy doesn't learn is that he doesn't seem to do his research.

Santini - Short term success with France, man of the moment. Levy - "get him in"!
Ramos - A good season with Sevilla. Levy - "get him in"! Despite the fact that he'd barely lasted a season anywhere else.
AVB - Next big thing based on one year of success in a weaker league. Levy - "get him in"!
Poch - well, you've said it all for me. Levy - "get him in"!

The two best managers we had, one got the job by chance, the other brought in specifically for a relegation fight. It speaks absolute volumes about Levy's approach to managers and I'm beginning to tire of it.

I doubt there is any one person responsible. But if Poch IS involved in transfer targets and signings, why is he not playing them? And if that is the case he must expect those decision to be questioned. If not he is having signings dictated to him but then refuses to play them. That wouldn't be tolerated and is more improbable than anything else. It seems plenty of people want to quote AVB but he would say that, wouldn't he?

But if he is such a lapdog ,a manager who couldn't even convince owners to back him as many are saying that he has been given no money by bald head what is he doing at our club? Whats the point in continuing him?
I agree to a point. But whatever manager is put in charge, nothing will improve until Levy and his cronies fuck off themselves. Cunts

Back
Top Bottom