Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every season we miss out by a couple of points - we need to stop dropping points against shit teams in order to rectify that. As it stands, we're on 2 points out of a possible 9. The reason for this is down to a combination of poor management and a lack of investment.

Playing with two CDM's is fine. But as it stands, we haven't got any players that are CDM's. They're just CM's and a CB who are being told to do a job that doesn't come naturally to them. If you want to play with two CDM's then they need to be chasing the ball down, putting players under pressure constantly, intercepting the ball, making tackles and distributing the ball accurately from the back. That isn't happening as evidenced by the fact that we've been pegged back in our own half for the majority of the first three games.

Fuck having two CDM's. We need another striker up front. Anyone with half a brain can see that we look like complete shit with the current system.

I fucking hate it when Pochettino talks about his 'philosophy'. Tottenham play attacking football. We've always done it. How the fuck are we supposed to do that when we only have ONE STRIKER and start games with Erik Lamela? It's a load of fucking shit.

We are nowhere near cracking the top. Nowhere near.
Aside from Liverpool, we are better placed than any other team. The new stadium, the massive NFL deals, the good financials, the consistent top six finishes, the level of support. No other team outside the top six matches or exceeds that other then the the Liverpudlian Professional Mourners.

Are we close financially to any of the current top four? No. Of course not. But we've not been mid table nothings either for years now.

Which implies Poch has input. So why is he not trying some of the new signings? My point being he must expect to be questioned if results are poor (and performances) about changing personnel. Not all his fault, not all Levy.
Yes, he has input, but my understanding is, based on Levy's past remarks, is that the coach gives a list of options, says which are his first, second, third choices and then the committee goes away and sees what it can get in, or what may be similar (which is how I think we ended up with players like Stromboli).

Last edited:
Aside from Liverpool, we are better placed than any other team. The new stadium, the massive NFL deals, the good
financials, the consistent top six finishes, the level of support. No other team outside the top six
matches or exceeds that other the
n the the Liverpudlian Professional Mourners
Are we close financially to any of the current top four? No. Of course not.
But we've not been mid table nothings either for years now.

We are closer to being mid table than we are top 4 mate...

Poch has us playing garbage.

So if its the players, I hope he´s backed heavily.

What I find odd is that our window and signings and squad potential has all been defended. Yet we are still garbage.
"We´ve signed 4 players already!"

3 are benched, while we play garbage.

If Poch thinks that Njie was not needed as an option yesterday, then God help us.

Aside from Liverpool, we are better placed than any other team. The new stadium, the massive NFL deals, the good financials, the consistent top six finishes, the level of support. No other team outside the top six matches or exceeds that other then the the Liverpudlian Professional Mourners.

Are we close financially to any of the current top four? No. Of course not. But we've not been mid table nothings either for years now.

What new stadium? What NFL deal? The policy of net spend is detremential to the team. The constant EL tournaments have disrupted any league run. Lowest capacity stadium part from the promoted clubs.

I don't know what you're smoking but it isn't salmon.

Anyway. We are nowhere near to cracking top 4 . Nowhere near.

Ummmm.......

Can you show me the NFL deal? The NFL don't seem to know much about it. Levy was laughed out the door last I heard.

Can you show me the new stadium as well whilst your at it. Or at least show me the planning permission?

You write in the present tense. Therefore you are incorrect. I trust Levy and ENIC with nothing apart from stuffing there investment pockets with my football clubs money.

Last edited:
Can you show me the NFL deal? The NFL don't seem to know much about it. Levy was laughed out the door last I heard.

Can you show me the stadium as well whilst your at it. Or at least show me the planning permission?

You write in the present tense. Therefore you are incorrect. I trust Levy and ENIC with nothing apart from stuffing there investment pockets with my football clubs money.
Well, I'm on my phone at the moment, but have you noticed that building work on the new stadium has already begun? Do you even go to matches? Are you claiming that a multimillion pound corporation like Enic is going ahead without planning permission? Levy of all people? That the NFL deal was officially announced by the club without NFL permission?

Christ, if you're gonna troll at least try to be more creative...

We've had some pretty unlucky bounces in the first 3 games.

Better than Utd, but they got a flukey OG. Way better than Stoke for 60 minutes, then a soft penalty and one mistake and we drew. We created many more chances than Leicester, and shut them down for the most part, but came away with a draw.

The tactics worked against Stoke, but the players lost focus. Against a Leicester that chose to park the bus, they worked less well due to the personnel, but breaking through a parked bus has been a struggle for Spurs since at least Redknapp's second season. Which is why teams like to do it. If it can win Inter and Chelsea European Cups, it'll do against us as well.

I guess N'Jie's work permit delay and perhaps fitness meant we couldn't use him yesterday instead of Chadli, and that's what hurt us most.

Against Stoke, Kane (and others) could drop deep and play balls to runners getting behind Stoke's backline. Against Leicester there was much less space to do that, and that's where N'Jie's speed would have helped us instead of Chadli.

Rose instead of Davies would have really helped as well.

We were still the better team, and should have won if a couple of bounces had gone our way. That's life, but I think Pochettino still had the right idea, and it will work.

Better than Utd, but they got a flukey OG. Way better than Stoke for 60 minutes, then a soft penalty and one mistake and we drew. We created many more chances than Leicester, and shut them down for the most part, but came away with a draw.

The tactics worked against Stoke, but the players lost focus. Against a Leicester that chose to park the bus, they worked less well due to the personnel, but breaking through a parked bus has been a struggle for Spurs since at least Redknapp's second season. Which is why teams like to do it. If it can win Inter and Chelsea European Cups, it'll do against us as well.

I guess N'Jie's work permit delay and perhaps fitness meant we couldn't use him yesterday instead of Chadli, and that's what hurt us most.

Against Stoke, Kane (and others) could drop deep and play balls to runners getting behind Stoke's backline. Against Leicester there was much less space to do that, and that's where N'Jie's speed would have helped us instead of Chadli.

We were still the better team, and should have won if a couple of bounces had gone our way. That's life, but I think Pochettino still had the right idea, and it will work.

We play shit mate, your poor attempt to justify it isn't enough fact is we look disjointed-disorganized, play looks predictable n laboured and one dimensional barring kane none of the player looks like he has any idea of whats going on and what he should do and subs are there to help a team change games while ours makes us look even more bad
Back to your logic abt being unlucky ? What u expect a team like Leicester to do? U expect them to line up in a 4-4-2 reversed formation with just 2 defenders ? Against united we were good? May be passing n movement wise but thats before the goal, after thoes initial 20 mins we barely managed few good shots in last 10 mins,,point is we were not unlucky n all barring the first half against stoke we have been poor average

Well, I'm on my phone at the moment, but have you noticed that building work on the new stadium has already begun? Do you even go to matches? Are you claiming that a multimillion pound corporation like Enic is going ahead without planning permission? Levy of all people? That the NFL deal was officially announced by the club without NFL permission?

Christ, if you're gonna troll at least try to be more creative...

I didn't think you could.

Fucking hell

You must be lagga boy
One love breeda but jah knows why you talk foolfool
everything blessed , natty say one heart breeda

Back
Top Bottom