Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank you...stats don't tell the whole story. Despite whatever the stats say Lamela was pretty poor last season, atrocious the season before (but that has more to do with AVB tbh) and was disgracefully bad when he came on against Stoke.

There is hope though. If he plays in the attacking central position i think he could deliver but on the right? please no.

Don't know what you're thanking him for, covering your ears and screaming "lalala" doesn't change the fact the stats are legit.
Whilst stats aren't everything (yes I know the game is played on grass and not paper) this mentality some people have of completely disregarding them is ridiculous, especially when it comes to important stats such as assists. We're not talking distance covered, number of shots etc we're talking ASSISTS for GOALS which you need to win games!

Atrocious the season before last? You mean his first season in a new country where he was plagued by injuries and barely played at all? Good grief.

I know some people want to be like "Ah back in my day we didn't need to computers, I use my eyes to tell me if a player is shite, gegenpressing? More like running and jockeying" etc but c'mon it's silly. Football is simple yet full of intricacies. To acknowledge that doesn't mean you're a modern day hipster who hates old school Arry etc, it's simply understanding football. These things have been analysed for decades no ones claiming they're new (this is aimed at sammyspurs sammyspurs who hasn't responded to my refutation in Poch thread about why people were wrong to moan at Poch's tactics).

You asked for elaboration on his skill set and I provided a pretty thorough explanation of them along with tangible evidence, now you're talking shit... The things listed are very relevant to being a good player, if I was talking about his hair or boots you'd have a point with your dumb analogy but I'm not.

I said apart from the Rabona and assists....you mentioned them. So lets take it from there.

He hit the bar 3 times
He passes many times
He volleyed twice, once for Argentina
Hes only second to Hazard in dribbling skills
He lets the ball run across his body
He draws 2 or 3 defenders with him
Vision
He can trap a ball
He knows how to do a 1-2

Like I said, is this a joke

Modric comparison is ridiculous. He's a deep lying play maker, not expected to get goals and assists.
Yet on only one goal and four assits less than a £30M winger

I said apart from the Rabona and assists....you mentioned them. So lets take it from there.

He hit the bar 3 times
He passes many times
He volleyed twice, once for Argentina
Hes only second to Hazard in dribbling skills
He lets the ball run across his body
He draws 2 or 3 defenders with him
Vision
He can trap a ball
He knows how to do a 1-2

Like I said, is this a joke

Yet on only one goal and four assits less than a £30M winger

I didn't say he was second to Hazard in dribbling. I said at one point he was ranked 2nd behind him in successful dribbles. You love to twist things, and attack them. Strawman Sammy.
Bit like when you accuse people of "celebrating" our transfer policy.
No, there are people who sympathise with the state of the market and our stature as a club, no one has claimed we don't need a striker.
Saying "there are a few weeks left, it's not ideal but sometimes deals drag on, perhaps we weren't in for many of these missed targets" is not the same as "fuck yeah ENIC, Levy'd! Fuckin melts we don't need any players in!" etc.

& you can play those attributes down all you like, hater. Lame.

There you go with the price tag. That's irrelevant to this. Point is he's 5 years younger and when was the last time Lennon was as productive? What if Lamela adds to that productivity (which is better than Lennon's has been for ages) again and again?

I didn't say he was second to Hazard in dribbling. I said at one point he was ranked 2nd behind him in successful dribbles.

So it was a non point

Bit like when you accuse people of "celebrating" our transfer policy.
Whats that got to do with Lamela?

No, there are people who sympathise with the state of the market and our stature as a club, no one has claimed we don't need a striker.

Saying "there are a few weeks left, it's not ideal but sometimes deals drag on, perhaps we weren't in for many of these missed targets" is not the same as "fuck yeah ENIC, Levy'd! Fuckin melts we don't need any players in!" etc.

& you can play those attributes down all you like, hater. Lame.

There you go with the price tag. That's irrelevant to this. Point is he's 5 years younger and when was the last time Lennon was as productive?
Thats just incoherent. I dont even know how to begin to construct an answer to it.

What if Lamela adds to that productivity (which is better than Lennon's has been for ages) again and again?
What if he does? Then fair play to him.
What if Ade does, or Rasiak did?

So it was a non point

Thats just incoherent. I dont even know how to begin to construct an answer to it.

What if he does? Then fair play to him.
What if Ade does, or Rasiak did?

Not not a nonpoint, it showed that at a stage where has was regularly playing near the start he was good at beating players- something very useful in a football game.

Those attributes have everything to do with Lamela as they're his mate. Maybe should read what you're responding to.

It's not incoherent. Shows Lamela is more productive than Lennon has been for ages at a much younger age. Difference between Rasiak and Lamela is that Lamela was one of our most effective attacking midfielders with the stats to prove it. He is not someone who has literally done nothing and relying on blind hope from fans.

These issues have been exhausted, I'm done arguing these particular points.

Not not a nonpoint, it showed that at a stage where has was regularly playing near the start he was good at beating players- something very useful in a football game.

But he´s not useful

It's not incoherent. Shows Lamela is more productive than Lennon has been for ages at a much younger age.
Lamelas not fit to lace Lennons boots

Difference between Rasiak and Lamela is that Lamela was one of our most effective attacking midfielders with the stats to prove it. He is not someone who has literally done nothing and relying on blind hope from fans.

Hmmmmm

These issues have been exhausted, I'm done arguing these particular points.

Good

in situations where Erik merely has to play behind a true striker and has virtually no defensive responsibility I can see him succeeding. While he wasn't to blame for either of the goals conceded, he gave up FOUR very soft fouls within 35 yards of goal. He was just as positive a sub for stoke as Ireland was, the aforementioned fouls played a large part to us being bunkered and negative. Always wanted to love the kid, don't even question his defensive commitment last game. No clue how to get stuck in, and just not physical enough for England unfortunately.

Last edited:
Word is sponge?

funny_horse_animated.gif

Lamela is a superb player, but likely to be at the wrong club at the wrong time. When ( if ) he finds the right place for his skills we will see where the 26 million fee comes from. Poch's tactics do not suit Lamela's game. Simple

Lamela has the potential and skill set to be a top player, his just not currently putting all the pieces together where it counts; the pitch.
What is self-evident though, is only a cunt uses a NFL pic as his avatar and only a cunt trawls back through a thread just so he can take a revisionist swipe at a player, that as a fan he should want to do well and lastly only a cunt uses jokes like lame-ela..

...still defending Lamela?
...pathetic...
...lol...
COYS

Was his performance poor today? Yes.
But was he the only one? Definitely not. Dembélé and besides his assist Chadli were at least as poor as him.
And nonetheless the only scapegoat is Lamela. Seriously guys, that is simply not fair. The only thing Lamela is worse than his team mates is the performance-pricetag-ratio, but that can't be important when rating a player's performance.

Lamela is a superb player, but likely to be at the wrong club at the wrong time. When ( if ) he finds the right place for his skills we will see where the 26 million fee comes from. Poch's tactics do not suit Lamela's game. Simple
Sorry. I was wrong. At one point today, he was bursting forward & trod on the ball. That point, my whole faith was lost. He is NOT a premiership footballer. For his sake & ours he needs to go back to a slower league ( Scotland perhaps ?) I backed Soldado until I saw him against Hull, away, under Sherwood. But the man was so utterly woeful that day I knew there was no way back. It took 14/15 months but he finally went. Let's hope it does not take as long to lose Erik but lose him we must. He's not good enough for this league

Was his performance poor today? Yes.
But was he the only one? Definitely not. Dembélé and besides his assist Chadli were at least as poor as him.
And nonetheless the only scapegoat is Lamela. Seriously guys, that is simply not fair. The only thing Lamela is worse than his team mates is the performance-pricetag-ratio, but that can't be important when rating a player's performance.

Dembélé was the only player who looked like he could make anything happen today so... no, no he wasn't as terrible as Lamela. Chadli was shit but pulled out his random assist/goal which he's at least capable of.

I'd forgotten Lamela was starting for the first ten minutes. I literally couldn't figure out who was supposed to be playing in the middle of our attacking midfield. He was that far away from the ball. And then, when he did get it, well.. we all know how that story ends.

Back
Top Bottom