Wear white on Saturday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hang on... I'm confused... the only reason not to wear 'colours' (and not necessarily the official Club Shop £50+ per shirt merch) is to have a pre-match tear up dahn the 'Igh Road, and not be picked up by the Old Bill Filth... is that what people are alluding to, when they say on;y kids wear colours??
If we're all so allergic to wearing white, then we should all turn up wearing Red... no one would ever suspect anything then... but of course, that would cause a meltdown, 'cos we all know colours DO matter... it's what our club, what every club is about. Why else did the whole of Cardiff go epileptic for a season and a half when 'told' to wear red??
You don't have to buy the kit... but surely upon surely, wearing an item of white (or navy) clothing for the day, to show your support for the CLUB, isn't beyond most people... even the Johnny-come-lately-hipsters amongst you!
giphy.gif

In what universe is wearing your team's colour an "Americanization" of the game? You can wear your club's colours without donning the full kit, you know. In Sweden, fans generally wear their team's colours and we have standing sections, chants and a cracking atmosphere for most of our bigger fixtures. Here is one example:

Im not talking about just wearing your team's shirt. I'm talking about everyone wearing the identical color. Your picture is of tifos and cards. I'm talking about this:
62eWTNb.jpg

Im not talking about just wearing your team's shirt. I'm talking about everyone wearing the identical color. Your picture is of tifos and cards. I'm talking about this:
62eWTNb.jpg
You couldn't find a better example than this? No one should follow Pedophile State University as an example unless you are making a point of what not to do.

And besides white-outs are boring, anyway.

62eWTNb.jpg

Got it. I like it when supporters wear something with their team's colours but it isn't a must by any means. I just think scarves etc. make for a great atmosphere!

Fuck anyone other than Flav making an attempt to have better atmosphere, right? Cause if it were him you'd all be eating it up like fucking lap dogs.

This is not a knock on him BTW before some of you jump to conclusions.
so wearing white creates a better atmosphere? :vertna:

All the examples I'm seeing are in other countries with a completely different fan culture. Trying to emulate it here would look shit imo.

OUTRAGE!
Wear what you want ffs. If it's white, bonus points.
ultimately, this. But posting a thread on a forum isn't the best way of reaching all (circa) 3,000 making the trip to OT or all fans watching it in pubs, to make it in any way effective.

Back
Top Bottom