2015/16 Kit Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham sign major new deal with 'largest sports merchandise retailer' in the US

Tottenham.jpg

New deal: Tottenham will lead Europe with their new manufacturing agreement
JAMES BENGE
Published: 15 July 2015

Updated: 18:27, 15 July 2015

Tottenham continue to make inroads into the US sports market today as they announced a multi-year deal with Fanatics, the country’s largest sports merchandise retailer.

The deal is the first of its kind for a European football club and sees Spurs follow in the footsteps of the major American sports leagues, including the NBA, MLB and NFL. Fanatics also provides bespoke apparel and headwear that Tottenham will market alongside their existing kit, produced by US firm Under Armour.

The merchandise is expected to be available by the start of the season and marks the latest expansion move into America by a club with an estimated fan-base of 14 million in North America.

The club recently announced plans for a new stadium that will see them play host to two NFL games every year from 2018 in a deal set to last a decade. And the club are keen to make more of their merchandise available around the world.

“We are proud to become the first European football club to be working with Fanatics. Our North American fan-base is hugely important to us and this relationship will give our fans in the region greater access to our product,” said Gary Jacobson, Brand Licensing Manager at Tottenham.

“For a company like Fanatics to come on board is a testament to the growth of our licensing portfolio in North America during recent years as we strive to continue to take Club product into new and exciting areas of retail.”

Brian Swallow of Fanatics was similarly delighted, saying: “We are very excited to partner with Tottenham Hotspur and help fans in North America connect with their brand.”

“With our leading technology platform and production and distribution facilities located strategically throughout the region, Tottenham Hotspur fans will now have easy access to an unparalleled assortment of the latest apparel."

Spurs’ attempts to woo the US market will continue in a fortnight when Mauricio Pochettino’s side travel to Denver to take on the MLS All-Stars in the Dick’s Sporting Good’s Park. A Tottenham lineup likely to include US international DeAndre Yedlin will take on the best of the North American league, including Kaka, David Villa, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard.

Fanatics, founded in Florida in 1995, have grown into a company valued at over $3 billion last year. They recently agreed a deal to operate the NBA’s flagship New York store, having also committed to handling at-track merchandising for NASCAR.
Biggest sports retailer in America?

Well I've never heard of them.

Is anyone else hesitant to buy the new shirt, particularly Harry Kane, while the transfer window is still open? If we were to offload Soldado and Adebayor, that would free up numbers 9 and 10, possibly triggering a shuffle. I just know that as soon as I buy a Kane 18 this would happen and the club would announce Kane is taking the 10 shirt.

:chadliblow:

I too never have heard of Fanatics.
But does anybody know if this deal means that there will be shops (or websites) in the US that I now would be able to sell the third kit? It really sucks that atm, I can only order it from the UK ... exchanging (for sizes) would be a pain. And I really want to get this rumored third kit, if true.

Is anyone else hesitant to buy the new shirt, particularly Harry Kane, while the transfer window is still open? If we were to offload Soldado and Adebayor, that would free up numbers 9 and 10, possibly triggering a shuffle. I just know that as soon as I buy a Kane 18 this would happen and the club would announce Kane is taking the 10 shirt.

:chadliblow:
Yeah, I'd just wait, to be safe. While, it would be nice if Kane got a glamorous number like 10, I don't think he'll change his number. There was something about him saying how the number 18 means a lot to him because how Jimmy Greaves had it, and that Defoe also told him to get it.

Biggest sports retailer in America?

Well I've never heard of them.
I've never really heard of them either, but they are quite large:

Fanatics, Inc. also currently powers the e-commerce sites of all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, PGA, UFC), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and over 150 collegiate and professional team properties.

Fanatics has relationships with over 1080 vendors, including companies such as Nike, Reebok, adidas, ’47 Brand, Majestic, New Era, Mitchell & Ness, Under Armour, and over 1000 others. Fanatics, Inc. also owns Fanatics Apparel, which produces licensed sports apparel exclusively for the Fanatics umbrella of sites. Additional offices are located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Deerfield, Illinois; Conshohocken, Pennsylvania; Boulder, Colorado; and San Francisco, California.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanatics_(sports_retailer)

Apparently, they are valued at ~$3.1B.

I like the new kits...

but the real problem is, who are they paying to do the photo shopping the players on those banners? The white pixels around the players looks terrible.

This design + Holsten = #spursy
Fiorentina-15-16-Away-Kit%2B%25281%2529.jpg
Fiorentina-15-16-Third-Kit%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Fook me, they're GAAAAARGEOUS! There's yer Home & away right there!
Le Coq Sportif made one of the all time best Spurs kits! (though some would still moan about there being too much RED on Le Coq logo!!
Shame that we're going with Fiorentina Purple, but not NAVY as the away/3rd kit....

Meanwhile, the actual away kit looks like the players have run through an egg slicer!
CJ9sOxCVEAEnPFP.jpg
egg-slicer-metaphor.jpg

Tottenham sign major new deal with 'largest sports merchandise retailer' in the US

Tottenham.jpg

New deal: Tottenham will lead Europe with their new manufacturing agreement
JAMES BENGE
Published: 15 July 2015

Updated: 18:27, 15 July 2015

Tottenham continue to make inroads into the US sports market today as they announced a multi-year deal with Fanatics, the country’s largest sports merchandise retailer.

The deal is the first of its kind for a European football club and sees Spurs follow in the footsteps of the major American sports leagues, including the NBA, MLB and NFL. Fanatics also provides bespoke apparel and headwear that Tottenham will market alongside their existing kit, produced by US firm Under Armour.

The merchandise is expected to be available by the start of the season and marks the latest expansion move into America by a club with an estimated fan-base of 14 million in North America.

The club recently announced plans for a new stadium that will see them play host to two NFL games every year from 2018 in a deal set to last a decade. And the club are keen to make more of their merchandise available around the world.

“We are proud to become the first European football club to be working with Fanatics. Our North American fan-base is hugely important to us and this relationship will give our fans in the region greater access to our product,” said Gary Jacobson, Brand Licensing Manager at Tottenham.

“For a company like Fanatics to come on board is a testament to the growth of our licensing portfolio in North America during recent years as we strive to continue to take Club product into new and exciting areas of retail.”

Brian Swallow of Fanatics was similarly delighted, saying: “We are very excited to partner with Tottenham Hotspur and help fans in North America connect with their brand.”

“With our leading technology platform and production and distribution facilities located strategically throughout the region, Tottenham Hotspur fans will now have easy access to an unparalleled assortment of the latest apparel."

Spurs’ attempts to woo the US market will continue in a fortnight when Mauricio Pochettino’s side travel to Denver to take on the MLS All-Stars in the Dick’s Sporting Good’s Park. A Tottenham lineup likely to include US international DeAndre Yedlin will take on the best of the North American league, including Kaka, David Villa, Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard.

Fanatics, founded in Florida in 1995, have grown into a company valued at over $3 billion last year. They recently agreed a deal to operate the NBA’s flagship New York store, having also committed to handling at-track merchandising for NASCAR.

If they get to rename the new ground, the FANATICS STADIUM wouldn't be the worst!

Yeah, I'd just wait, to be safe. While, it would be nice if Kane got a glamorous number like 10, I don't think he'll change his number. There was something about him saying how the number 18 means a lot to him because how Jimmy Greaves had it, and that Defoe also told him to get it.

I know he wore 8 but why would he wear 18?

Back
Top Bottom