The Mighty Spurs - Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really happy we got 5th, never thought we would at all. 5th downwards is our league and we finished top of it.

...orrrrrrrrrrrrr 6th upwards should be our league and we finished 2nd bottom!!!
Glass half full or half-empty? Aw fuck it, considering where we were a few weeks ago (especially after the Burnley/Villa games) I thought we'd be lucky to finish 7th!!
So 5th represents a hell of a decent final run, given most (including me) thought they'd be off on their holidays once 4th was out of reach!

Worldie cross .... and brilliant header!

EssentialBeautifulFoxhound.gif
Lovely perfectly weighted pass, on the volley, from Mason too. He had a good game today,

Lovely perfectly weighted pass, on the volley, from Mason too. He had a good game today,

I know headers don't always get the recognition they should in 'goalscoring glory' land... but that was just a beautiful goal... dare I say, verging on perfection!

It's a shame Dembele can never seem to go at it for 90 mins.

What is wrong with him. MP has done well to keep him virtually injury free this season, but I think we bought a crock.
He looked really good today. Still managed to not pick out Bentaleb free on the left bundles of times, but was far more positive than he has been.

Where's Hugo's "Onwards and upwards, See you amazing fans next year" post....?
...or did he stop typing at "See you...."???
:llorisserious:

Having only just got back, can someone clarify the Europa stuff for me.
So, are we now going straight into the group stages ? If so thats fantastic news.
Have Liverpool also qualified. But have to play one qualifying tie ?
Is the third place Villa`s if they win the cup, and Southamptons if the other club win it ?

I know headers don't always get the recognition they should in 'goalscoring glory' land... but that was just a beautiful goal... dare I say, verging on perfection!
It's a dilemma we have. Dier is the nuts at putting over crosses like that, Walker isn't. However, walker will be the one, when fit, charged with doing just that.
Rose is not as good as Bentaleb whipping over a cross either, and he will be the left back.
Rose, out of the two, would probably be a little better than Walker. We need more quality crosses like that coming in from the full backs as Kane will invariably bury them with the nut.
We seemed to have a beautiful balance about us first half. Everton stepped it up 2nd half, but Dembele going off changed the dynamic for us.
Bentaleb was not used as much as he could have been, but it was good to see both full backs getting up first half stopping Coleman & Galloway getting forward.

I'd say the season has been okay really. Didn't expect us to be 5th.

It will be interesting to see if we can step up the consistency at home as well next season. Man U will be stronger, but when you look at it wins v Stoke, Newcastle and Villa at home and we would be 4th. With hindsight we could have done better, but if my aunt had bollocks etc.

Having only just got back, can someone clarify the Europa stuff for me.
So, are we now going straight into the group stages ? If so thats fantastic news.
Have Liverpool also qualified. But have to play one qualifying tie ?
Is the third place Villa`s if they win the cup, and Southamptons if the other club win it ?
Exactly, except that if the other club win the cup then Liverpool will go straight to the group stage and Southampton will have to qualify

Fuck off you miserable cunt. With posts like that, the less the better. Way off our targets? Who you fuckin kiddin. Our CL run was years ago now mate. Get over it. I hope you've never set foot in Tottenham, let alone The Lane.
You know what, you are right. I don't know why I keep coming back here. I don't get anything out of it and it's increasingly clear I don't have much in common with most people here, certainly not the likes of you. And you'll be happy to know that I haven't been to the Lane. I've said before that I only started watching Spurs about 3 years ago and although I have at times felt genuine joy and excitement from it, if I'm being totally honest with myself I've only ever been pretending to be one of you. But I'm not. I just can't be a typical football fan, I don't have it in me to be so blinkered and tribal. I listen to the podcast every week and try to relate to them, but I'm just lying to myself. I don't really belong here.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

You know what, you are right. I don't know why I keep coming back here. I don't get anything out of it and it's increasingly clear I don't have much in common with most people here, certainly not the likes of you. And you'll be happy to know that I haven't been to the Lane. I've said before that I only started watching Spurs about 3 years ago and although I have at times felt genuine joy and excitement from it, if I'm being totally honest with myself I've only ever been pretending to be one of you. But I'm not. I just can't be a typical football fan, I don't have it in me to be so blinkered and tribal. I listen to the podcast every week and try to relate to them, but I'm just lying to myself. I don't really belong here.

Hey steady on mate - don't take so bad. Everyone's level of commitment is different, so you choose the level you want to be at. No one is really "typical" anyway. Stay with it. :adebaehug:

The fact you've only been watching us for 3 years makes your sense of entitlement even more bewildering.

Seriously mate, it's Liverpool-fan-esqe.

"Way off our targets"

Unreal statement.

We all wish you all the best for the future.

Good luck with everything.

Just fuck off then...

:dawsonlol:

Back
Top Bottom