The Mighty Spurs - Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

11350531_601289240008026_441141803308429362_n.jpg

We've got our own private jet now?

You know what, you are right. I don't know why I keep coming back here. I don't get anything out of it and it's increasingly clear I don't have much in common with most people here, certainly not the likes of you. And you'll be happy to know that I haven't been to the Lane. I've said before that I only started watching Spurs about 3 years ago and although I have at times felt genuine joy and excitement from it, if I'm being totally honest with myself I've only ever been pretending to be one of you. But I'm not. I just can't be a typical football fan, I don't have it in me to be so blinkered and tribal. I listen to the podcast every week and try to relate to them, but I'm just lying to myself. I don't really belong here.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.
Emotions running high earlier. Apologies for calling you a cunt (though I stand by my reasoning - your assessment of our season was bonkers).

I will just say this.

If you weren't happy as a Spurs fan come the final whistle today - genuinely, uncontrollably happy - you're following the wrong team, mate.

Hope to see you around the forum in any case. :adebaehug:

Pleasant afternoon of football and the board is equally pleasant. Have to enjoy the little things with Spurs :freundgoal:

We're such sluts these days. Well I am - fucking 5th and I'm all :keane:
And so we fuckin should be. Extraordinary achievement in his first year with several academy players and mostly a squad that isn't his. He's used what...16 players mainly in the league? We can all question why, but we can only assume he has his reasons. Regardless, great job by him and the club. Everyone is so quick to remember the bad games and tar the whole season with the same brush. We've played some excellent stuff this season, and couldn't have hoped for a better finish.

Really, there were good performances all around minus a few lapses in concentration. I too thoufht that Mason had a solid game today, which was great to see because I have to admit his dip in form was really getting to be an issue, and i have been and still continue to be a Mason fan.

Dier played a really good game as well, Lamela wasn't outstanding but solid yet again, and Bentaleb continues to stand out as a key player for us.

Nabil really impressed. Could hardly tell he was playing out of position. This lad might be our next star.

Other than that it was a solid team performance where nobody really stood out. Our English internationals played well though.

MOTD fucks me off sometimes - we looked so good for that entire first half and they showed literally none of it!! Made us look pretty average actually! :avbfu:

Exactly... heaven forbid we actually look good on MOTD... they shoved us on second/third from last, just to put us in our place... and to allow them extra minutes to edit & shoehorn Wilshites goal into the Goal of the Season montage... fuck me, Kane's was by far superior... (well, almost!) why not use that?
...and I assume Lamela's rabona doesn't count 'cos it was 'only' the Europa League?? Yet when ArseAnal Ladies score a goal, it's all over the BBC fucking website! don't get me started, it's a Bank Holiday!!

In some ways I feel disapointed with not achiving more, a trophy, a top four position, they were both within our capabilities this season. Im proud with 5th spot all considered and happy with Poch.The stadium is finally being built which can only stimulate the juices. Looking forward to next season, fingers crossed , we build on this.... COYS.

Back
Top Bottom