Amazingly yes, it can be worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh come on. You're smarter than this. The Sherwood thread when juxtaposed with the immediate gloating in this thread is the most obvious "read between the lines" you can ever hope to see.
So it's 2+2 then? I'm with sammyspurs sammyspurs on this one. Saying we've been shite for weeks isn't something I'm proud of, but it's a fact. Doesn't mean one single cell in my body wanted us to lose today, especially against that fuckwit. Also means that I believe I have the right to question the present set up without being accused of being a Gooner Troll Cunt.

egernunge egernunge
massey_oilwell_1.jpg
Sorry mate miss read wrong thread oops.

Telling that NONE of them want to review todays shitfest....easier to bicker about other fans instead
Well, looking at today's game, we're having the same issues crop up that have plagued us throughout the season:
  1. Lack of cutting edge in attack.
  2. Defensively unsound when Aston Villa attacked
  3. Poor substitutions
It's a tricky one. Point 3 is entirely on Poch, as I've previously mentioned.
Points 1 and 2 are harder to place; could either be down to the players, the management, or a mix of the two. In all likelihood it's players performing poorly because the tasks required of them are not their forte.

When I told you previously that they weren't fitting 'the system' Poch wishes to implement, I'm referring to the high pressing, one-touch football that he wanted to instil in us. At this point, we appear to be pressing less - but we don't know for sure if that's player fatigue or him abandoning the high press until summer.

What is excruciating is the lack of accuracy for so much of our passing. Passes are often wide or lacking in power - which opens us up to the counter attack (which feeds into point 2.).

As for our lack of cutting edge. I think we lack the players who would bring that; but this is exacerbated by the team selections Poch makes (Chadli has needed dropping for at least a couple of weeks now) twinned with Eriksen dropping in form and Kane being isolated by opposition defences.

In theory, more players on Kane should open up space for our other attackers, but we can't seem to exploit this. We lack width and service (i.e. crossing) into the box.

So yeah, what's my opinion? A squad that isn't up to scratch and a manager who (despite positive attributes such as man-management and a good 'vision' for what he wants us to do) has been too stubborn in the league run-in for the tools at his disposal.

I've been openly disdainful of his management in games - particularly the choice and timing of his substitutions. I'm not blind to the problems we've got at the moment.

So if you want to try that again.... why am I 'bitching' about you, Sammy?

but why do u speak up against Sammy? but not paranoid spurs fans who go nuts at anyone with a criticism of us?
could it be because its the in-thing now?
abusing jay-c & calling him a city fan was the in-thing a few weeks ago.
I didn't have u down as a sheep duke

Just read the last few pages of that thread, which is full of posts calling him a cunt. Honestly no idea what you are meaning when you say posters support him.

Thats because its all the people who have been slating him that feel like twats now, and instead of venting at our manager, they want to create a make believe situation where people have been praising Sherwood for beating us.

Im still waiting for so many people, who had so many opinions on Poch to come and explain what they thought of his tactics and selection today.

Imagine if that game, or indeed the last few weeks had taken place under someone less popular. This thread would have imploded.

Just deafly, deafly silence in regards to the managers decisions today. How odd.

I haven't read all the previous posts and im not going to.
Well done to Mr Sherwood, shafted by Levy, shafted by the majority of fans (not by me), Villa wanted it, same old shit from us, season after season, an embarrassment.

but why do u speak up against Sammy? but not paranoid spurs fans who go nuts at anyone with a criticism of us?
could it be because its the in-thing now?
abusing jay-c & calling him a city fan was the in-thing a few weeks ago.
I didn't have u down as a sheep duke
but its fun to see the way arcspace & others go about it? strange
I think sammyspurs sammyspurs has a more obvious modus operandi on this thread, and part of that was deliberately attacking my (and many others) views. Absence of criticising one party does not undermine the valid criticism of another.

Really? How do you know that?

There has been a consistent problem under three managers, and that is the quality of the squad and the attitude therein. How do you know that Tim would've done better, when he was already busy upsetting players and club officials during his time here? He could've completely lost the dressing room and our season imploded well before now.

Truth is it's nonsense to try and predict what happened. What's more, I'm sick of the whole "hat Tim would've done" attitude. The man is gone. Whatever the future of the club, it isn't him.
because u would just be guessing which u made clear is a no no! and can it really have been that much worse especially when u consider how weak and poor the premiership is this season.
I am not saying tim would have done better or worse. I don't know. if I am allowed to guess, id say pretty much no significant difference.

Fucks sake ladies.
Man City..... Fucking billion dollar backed Man City with all their stars lost to Burnley......

Shit happens....

And we're hardly a prime example of a consistantly well playing team over a long long period of time.
Or a team with a record for stability with management.

Poch's first season!
Many players not of his choosing!
Limited by a strict Levy bound transfer/recruit policy!
Recently lost a lot of our best best players!

To lose is is disheartening - downright depressing... fuck me we might have a shit season next year, but eventually we have to back someone, give them time to find their squad, imbue a a philosophy.
The way some of you folks carry on, it's like we're Chelsea and can buy whoever we want and expect to win every game

I think sammyspurs sammyspurs has a more obvious modus operandi on this thread, and part of that was deliberately attacking my (and many others) views. Absence of criticising one party does not undermine the valid criticism of another.
I'd say he's being very obvious.

He's saying we are and have been playing shite recently.

He's asking why we can't question the decisions of the manager when it comes to selection and rotation.

He's asking how far further ahead are we after sacking Sherwood.

Not really difficult to see his modus operandi.

Back
Top Bottom