Amazingly yes, it can be worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So it's 2+2 then? I'm with sammyspurs sammyspurs on this one. Saying we've been shite for weeks isn't something I'm proud of, but it's a fact. Doesn't mean one single cell in my body wanted us to lose today, especially against that fuckwit. Also means that I believe I have the right to question the present set up without being accused of being a Gooner Troll Cunt.
So you believe Sammy's "I'm not interested in Sherwood, just upset at the set up" bullshit. Then you're extremely gullible.

You think any of the rest of us think it's perfect? As I said up thread I have been on the fence with Poch ever since he came, I don't think he is bad, but he wasn't my preferred choice. But the difference between you, I and Spammy is that you and I haven't been bigging up Sherwood ever since he's gone, and you and I didn't immediately sink into the tiresome "I told you so" shit over Poch the second the final whistle goes. Sammy is a Sherwood man. Always has been. Ask yourself why it is so important for him to win the thread after a defeat, and a defeat to Sherwood of all people? Why has he constantly been posting in the Sherwood thread to big the man up? Once you consider that his agenda is obvious. He then claims he doesn't give a shit about Sherwood. Like hell he doesn't. Personally when we have a defeat I am down, but I support the club as it is to move forward. It's all I can do.

Ask yourself this, if the defeat was to AVB, would Sammy being going all out to win the thread? Like fucking hell he would. He'd have quitely scurried away ages ago.

but why do u speak up against Sammy? but not paranoid spurs fans who go nuts at anyone with a criticism of us?
could it be because its the in-thing now?
abusing jay-c & calling him a city fan was the in-thing a few weeks ago.
I didn't have u down as a sheep duke
oops just did ,has something changed ?

I dont get why slagging the manager off makes you a closet gooner/ melt/ general cunt, but slagging individual players off is all good?

Selections were fine I thought. The 3 behind Kane were flat as fuck and didn't offer anything. Once again rose our best.

Those pricks have given up for the season and so have I. Really don't know why the belief is gone with how bad city have been but it well and truly is amongst the playing group. Bring on the transfer window madness

Ask yourself this, if the defeat was to AVB, would Sammy being going all out to win the thread? Like fucking hell he would. He'd have quitely scurried away ages ago.

I´d be here slating Poch like I have been. AVB bothered me when he was Spurs manager...I dont hold lifelong grudges against Zenit staff.

I dont think he´s a very good manager, like Tim isnt.

Thats the worry here.

Last edited:
So you believe Sammy's "I'm not interested in Sherwood, just upset at the set up" bullshit. Then you're extremely gullible.

You think any of the rest of us think it's perfect? As I said up thread I have been on the fence with Poch ever since he came, I don't think he is bad, but he wasn't my preferred choice. But the difference between you, I and Spammy is that you and I haven't been bigging up Sherwood ever since he's gone, and you and I didn't immediately sink into the tiresome "I told you so" shit over Poch the second the final whistle goes. Sammy is a Sherwood man. Always has been. Ask yourself why it is so important for him to win the thread after a defeat, and a defeat to Sherwood of all people? Why has he constantly been posting in the Sherwood thread to big the man up? Once you consider that his agenda is obvious. He then claims he doesn't give a shit about Sherwood. Like hell he doesn't. Personally when we have a defeat I am down, but I support the club as it is to move forward. It's all I can do.

I think this place feels more balanced with his input. I believe we should question the status quo. I'd probably not have sacked AVB and I'm always tempted to wonder what could have been, I just don't post that.

And I'm in no way gullible, I just don't choose to believe what you do or get the same meaning from "reading between the lines". You think what you want, as will I.

Yet only you have reviewed todays management, and the only thing you really blamed him for was poor subs.

Its a cop out, en masse, and you all know it.

We are fucking shit. Its not that difficult to admit.
Aside from the starting lineup and the substitutions, I wasn't angry at Pochettino for anything else today. When the players aren't playing well, just look at Eriksen right now, I don't know how much of it can be blamed on the manager outside of team selection.

This is a guy who's helped greatly improve some of our players (Rose, Kane), so it would seem odd if his coaching was at fault for some of these poor individual performances.

We replaced modric with dembele who's assists and goals I could count on one hand since he's been here, we replaced bale with over priced average non proven players and one who can't score. No manager will ever get the best out of these players as we have seen their best and it's an inconsistent mess. Only eriksen is capable of regular goals out of 9 or 10 midfielders and our full backs cannot deliver or score. We also have one striker who an score. Half of them have no movement To make themselves available And pass then stand still.
We havea long way to go.

Completely agree. But we weren't in January when we were beating the likes of Chelsea and the Goons convincingly. The perfomances have been like chalk and cheese.
Pochettino's subs and line-ups have been absolutely fucking bizarre at times.
Its almost like Poch is not calling the shots entirely and Levy has the hotline as the puppeteer extraordinary!

Aside from the starting lineup and the substitutions, I wasn't angry at Pochettino for anything else today. When the players aren't playing well, just look at Eriksen right now, I don't know how much of it can be blamed on the manager outside of team selection.

It doesnt bother you that he doesnt want the team to press and chase every 50/50 in packs anymore?

It really bothers me.

Back
Top Bottom