New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's nice but I'm not sure the open air design would work as well in Northern Europe
One of the first things I thought when I saw how much of a gap there is between the top of the seating and the bottom of the roof...

asr_17.jpg

That'll be lovely in Rome, but can you imagine a cold, windy, rainy day with that design?

Credit to them for a Colosseum-esque look, though.

Don't think it was meant to be deliberately flippant - but it does seem like, in all the optimism about the new stadium, people forget how sad it'll be to knock WHL down.
Add to that Spurs playing elsewhere while said demoliton is happening (hence locals travelling more than usual), and we're in for a slightly disconnected couple of years.

I hope the team gives the fans plenty to cheer about while it's happening.

It will be the ultimate spursiness when we win the league whilst not actually having our own ground to celebrate. And we do it in front of 15000 day trippers from Milton Keynes

Stadium MK is fairly nice. I have stayed in the hotel ( Double Tree Hilton ) a couple of times & it's unique to look out over a football pitch !

However, it's worth pointing out it is about 50 minutes walk from Milton Keynes Central. It is 30 minutes by Bus & 10-15 via taxi. The car parking at the Stadium does not, to me, seem big enough to cope with the potential demand. So I can only assume a delightful shuttle service from Station to Stadium awaits for many...

If coming in car via M1....it's a Pain in the arse to deal with Milton Keynes. I have to work there sometimes & travel M25 to M1 & there is almost always a delay somewhere on route. Either up or back & add in the speed cameras & local police who are not shy of ticketing on mass it can be a gauntlet of misery.

I really am anti moving to MK ( despite it being a nice stadium ) & I can't see any rational reason for not staying in London and forcing the issue and using Stratford for a year. WHU do not have a Veto after their first season so they can't stop it !

Stadium MK is fairly nice. I have stayed in the hotel ( Double Tree Hilton ) a couple of times & it's unique to look out over a football pitch !

However, it's worth pointing out it is about 50 minutes walk from Milton Keynes Central. It is 30 minutes by Bus & 10-15 via taxi. The car parking at the Stadium does not, to me, seem big enough to cope with the potential demand. So I can only assume a delightful shuttle service from Station to Stadium awaits for many...

If coming in car via M1....it's a Pain in the arse to deal with Milton Keynes. I have to work there sometimes & travel M25 to M1 & there is almost always a delay somewhere on route. Either up or back & add in the speed cameras & local police who are not shy of ticketing on mass it can be a gauntlet of misery.

I really am anti moving to MK ( despite it being a nice stadium ) & I can't see any rational reason for not staying in London and forcing the issue and using Stratford for a year. WHU do not have a Veto after their first season so they can't stop it !
The roundabouts as well are a pain around MK. I mean seriously violent anger inducing annoyance.

IF we are to move, the OS is my favoured option, but given how busy our season can be, there might be 'fixture clash problem' with West Ham, also the pitch might take a battering. Imagine West Ham play there Saturday, we play on Sunday, then West Ham on Tues/Wed, us on Thursday (if we're in Europa League) etc.

Of course, these problems can be resolved, but it might be a negative against such a move.

IF we are to move, the OS is my favoured option, but given how busy our season can be, there might be 'fixture clash problem' with West Ham, also the pitch might take a battering. Imagine West Ham play there Saturday, we play on Sunday, then West Ham on Tues/Wed, us on Thursday (if we're in Europa League) etc.

Of course, these problems can be resolved, but it might be a negative against such a move.
I can see the pitch being utter shit if there is any kind of winter weather or heavy rain that season and this is the main reason don't like the ground share with other team idea. I think the best two options are Wembley and Upton Park after Wet Spam vacate. I think the second should come with the option to burn the place to the ground after we are done. Wembley is the optimal and I can see a some games being epic there.

Assuming MK Dons are League 1 or Championship they would have more league games than us + cup games ( more of them than West Spam would have ) so just as many scheduling issues.

Wembley is about the only place that Scheduling is not an issue

Assuming MK Dons are League 1 or Championship they would have more league games than us + cup games ( more of them than West Spam would have ) so just as many scheduling issues.

True, but League 1 and Championship games are played mostly on a Saturday at the weekend and we all know which day we usually play on.

Wembley is preferable but I don't think it'll happen as aren't they restricted to the number of events they are allowed each year?

Greavsie,
It could be worked by making sure we are there one weekend and them the next., alternate weekends if you will.
It would be so funny and piss them off if we used the OS against their will. At the end of the day they don't have a say in what happens to the stadium on the 340 days a year that they haven't booked it.

If they are renting it and it's a taxpayer funded stadium, with taxpayer funded adjustments -except for the massive £15m Spam have put into the £190+m conversion - then what fucking right do they have to say if another football club wants to play there on a temporary basis?
After all they have no right to say what type of bands, athletic teams/countries or even rugby clubs can play there.
They are renting it, just like everyone else will be.
If they have a veto then it's even more of a massive taxpayer funded scandal that it already is.

Last edited:
do they even have a Veto?
http://www.24dash.com/news/local_go...-ducks-West-Ham-Tottenham-stadium-share-issue

does anyone have ANY concrete proof about a temporary stadium. i've seen thousands of column inches devoted to this subject but never any real evidence, only guesswork from journo's/insiders/ITKs

Interesting....I'd never looked at it from the point of view that any veto right would limit tax payers returns.

Spammers themselves claimed a right to veto for their first season, which means sweet FA as we would still be @ the Lane that season anyway ! Maybe it's all smoke & mirrors and the Tennants have no rights over the Landlords. Will they block That That or the Foo Fighters too ? Will they fuck !

Poor little West Ham. Not even got their own stadium :-(

However, it's worth pointing out it is about 50 minutes walk from Milton Keynes Central.

You'd go to Bletchley where it's about a 20 min walk but it's not a good idea regardless, 20,000 walking from Bletchley to the stadium just seems an accident waiting to happen.

Works fine for me as it's only about 15 mins walk from my house but I can't see it working for the masses.

It's nice but I'm not sure the open air design would work as well in Northern Europe

One of the first things I thought when I saw how much of a gap there is between the top of the seating and the bottom of the roof...

asr_17.jpg

That'll be lovely in Rome, but can you imagine a cold, windy, rainy day with that design?

Credit to them for a Colosseum-esque look, though.
Rome is really hot in the summer, but you do get a lot of rain in the winter.
Stadiums are built to allow sunlight and air flow to get to the pitch. Where it's oppressively hot in the summer maybe they need a wider space. However, it's not really that much bigger
Woolwich have air flow gap, as does Wembley and even Mk Dons, like most new build stadiums. When I went Benfica the stadium of light looked like the library inside, the stadiums are virtually identical.

From Wikipedia.......] In November 2013 it was the House of Lords' opinion that Leyton Orient should be allowed occasional use of the stadium, with Lord Harris telling Orient and West Ham to "stop squabbling like children."[147][148][149] Dennis Hone stated that he was in talks with Barry Hearn over occasional usage, but that it would not mean a permanent groundshare.[150] In early December, the LLDC said that there was nothing to stop Orient from negotiating a rental agreement with whichever firm ends up running the stadium. Orient, however, would not be able to negotiate a 99 year deal like West Ham and would only have usage of the stadium when the Hammers are not playing.[151][152] On 1 July 2014, Leyton Orient brought an end to their dispute with the Premier Leagueregarding the future use of the stadium, after a confidential agreement between the two parties was reached.[153][154]

Reads very much like no Veto on Orient so no veto on anyone !

I can see the pitch being utter shit if there is any kind of winter weather or heavy rain that season and this is the main reason don't like the ground share with other team idea. I think the best two options are Wembley and Upton Park after Wet Spam vacate. I think the second should come with the option to burn the place to the ground after we are done. Wembley is the optimal and I can see a some games being epic there.
Yep, the pitch issue can be a problem at OS, and indeed MK Dons, or any groundshare.

Wembley and Upton Park may be possibilities, but there problems re both venues.

As I say, my inclination is to stay put, but we just have to hope the club get it right when it comes to making what's going to be a very big call.

Yep,there will be scheduling issues doubtless with any/most ground shares, as well as pitch issues. There are problems re Wembley too, outside of scheduling and pitch issues.

Back
Top Bottom