New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The majority of the club's income comes from a combination of:
1) Sponsors
2) TV money, which comes indirectly from armchair fans and overseas fans
Income from match-going fans is only a small proportion of the total income, and they're going to be the ones hardest hit by any ground-share arrangement.
They're the ones hardest hit by any arrangement sort of magically conjuring up a new stadium in situ overnight.

Not sure there is any way the fans can be appeased on the temporary accommodations issue.

This is potentially the understatement of the year. We only torched their entire transfer window out of spite.

If your refering to Ade that's pretty understandable, they at the time where close to us in the table and wanted to take our striker not just for free but wanted us to pay a good proportion of his wages as well so he could potentially score goals and threaten our league position, fuck that.

Paying anyone of our players to play for the Hammers and threaten us is a big NO NO.

If your refering to Ade that's pretty understandable, they at the time where close to us in the table and wanted to take our striker not just for free but wanted us to pay a good proportion of his wages as well so he could potentially score goals and threaten our league position, fuck that.

Paying anyone of our players to play for the Hammers and threaten us is a big NO NO.
Precisely, which is why Daniel did what he did. I think the pre-existing antipathy though meant he was going to do it in the most damaging way possible.

The shortsightedness knows no bounds, does it?

:levystare:

Having a bad relationship with West Ham has an element of 'it takes two', they are not liable to lend us any of their players that might improve our squad. Also if there is a deal to be struck to benefit of both sides in any transaction on the field or off, they'll do it, make no mistake had West Ham lodged a full transfer bid on Adebayor, Levy would have driven him there himself.

On the ground front there's no rationale that West Ham have to have any kind of relationship with Spurs as the Boleyn has been sold to Galliard already. Now if Levy wanted to charm Galliard for the 2016 season, can convince Newham Council and the police this is a good deal for the both of them is another matter.

MK is not great, it's far and it's not London based but I bet the deal for us is sweet and the tickets will still sell out. Logistically it makes more sense than moving within London because the police or local authority will have no hunger for it, the residents will object and therefore so will the police and politicians, MK is seemingly a little more open to the arrangement.

That said I am surprised a deal could not be struck with the likes of Charlton (27,111), Palace (26,200) or Fulham (25,700) as better local alternatives, though they are not exactly easy to get to....There's no perfect solution.

Twickers would do ;

Swing low, sweet Tottenham
Coming for to carry me home,
Coming for to carry me home.

I looked over London, and what did I see
Coming for to carry me home?
A band of Yids coming after me,

Chorus

Sometimes I'm up, and sometimes I'm down,
(Coming for to carry me home)
But still my soul feels Tottenham bound.

Chorus

The brightest day that I can say,
When Poch washed my sins away.

Chorus

If you get there before I do,
Tell all my friends I'm coming there too.

Twickers would do ;

Coming for to carry me home,

I looked over London, and what did I see
Coming for to carry me home?
A band of Yids coming after me,

Chorus

Sometimes I'm up, and sometimes I'm down,
But still my soul feels Tottenham bound.

Chorus

The brightest day that I can say,
When Poch washed my sins away.

Chorus

If you get there before I do,
Tell all my friends I'm coming there too.
Dude, the media would melt to pieces if we started singing old slave work songs.

Dude, the media would melt to pieces if we started singing old slave work songs.

Nah the egg chasers sing it - the UK is a weird place on stuff like this.....its only what people decide to be offended by that matters.

Rugby is considered to not be racist, despite only a handful of ethnic minorities playing for England and few attending games.

could I just point out to anyone that things a groundshare in Milton Keynes is acceptable..its MK DONS. Its a shit stain of a club that is the disgrace of english football. a collection of cunts.

Back
Top Bottom