Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there something in the FA rules about a player going from the U21s to the senior team and not being able to go back to the U21s? I thought I heard somewhere that they would want to hold Kane back and have him continue to play for the U21s since they have been doing good and have a good chance at going far in the U21 Euros.

No, there's nothing like that. Quite often once a player becomes a senior they think they're too good to go back to the youth set up though. There's also the case that during the European Champions or World Cup there is also youth competitions happening at the same time, so the player/manager can only use him in one.

It's always been a problem in England that we rush youth through to the senior side as quickly as possible, the youth then don't play in youth world cups and so are shit in senior tournaments due to a lack of experience.

Wouldn't it be better in the eyes of you guys to keep Harry in the U21s for the remainder of the Euros rather than have him come up to the senior level?

Far as I know, he'll do both. The issue is that the U21 Euro's is 17th-30th of June 2015. On the 7th and 14th of June the senior side has a friendly and a Euro qualifier match. He probably has to pick which one is more beneficial to him, which comes back to what I stated before about a clash of interests and then you have to consider burn out, motivated and how political football can between U21 managers and senior etc. Just complicated.

Just checked about the original question to make sure; "As long as they are eligible, players can play for England at any level, making it possible to play for the U21s, senior side, and again for the U21s", so he's fine.

Far as I know, he'll do both. The issue is that the U21 Euro's is 17th-30th of June 2015. On the 7th and 14th of June the senior side has a friendly and a Euro qualifier match. He probably has to pick which one is more beneficial to him, which comes back to what I stated before about a clash of interests and then you have to consider burn out, motivated and how political football can between U21 managers and senior etc. Just complicated.

Just checked about the original question to make sure; "As long as they are eligible, players can play for England at any level, making it possible to play for the U21s, senior side, and again for the U21s", so he's fine.

Talking to a friend of mine who works for the Danish FA I've been told that the key u21 players that'll feature in the senior qualifier will then fly directly to the tournament afterwards and probably be involved in the first game aswell.

Don't know if England will do this but it's apparently not 100% one or the other.

Talking to a friend of mine who works for the Danish FA I've been told that the key u21 players that'll feature in the senior qualifier will then fly directly to the tournament afterwards and probably be involved in the first game aswell.

Don't know if England will do this but it's apparently not 100% one or the other.

They have one match, not two, on the 13th, so a day earlier than ours. I don't think Denmark are going to get far in this, whereas England can potentially win it.

I just can't see him playing in two games and then a tournament, and if he does it's ridiculous management imo. For me he has to go to the U21's, get there early with the rest of the camp and settle into the rhythm of training. The senior English side will qualify no matter what, so him playing is pointless.

They have one match, not two, on the 13th, so a day earlier than ours. I don't think Denmark are going to get far in this, whereas England can potentially win it.

I just can't see him playing in two games and then a tournament, and if he does it's ridiculous management imo. For me he has to go to the U21's, get there early with the rest of the camp and settle into the rhythm of training. The senior English side will qualify no matter what, so him playing is pointless.

I think he will end up going right into the senior team and leave the U21's. Right now he the best striker in the prem and apart from Sturridge and perhaps Rooney England are not that great up front. It would also be a deserved recognition for all his improvement and it would be justified.

Whatever happens, full England or U21's I don't think it would be fair for him to be played in both, England must choose one.

Death wish

best i could do,
QA6dtQs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom