Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thinking about his shooting technique... I know I've mentioned previously that he, Eriksen, and Chadli all seem to aim for the bottom corners (and that this may be due to training), but he does remind me of a couple of other players.

To mind, the shots Aguero makes, and those that Van Persie used to do in his last season for the scum.
Always noticed that, for instance, Van Persie's shot-on-goal ratio was worse than Defoe's in that 2011/12 season, but that's because he was always aiming for the very corner of the goal; lo and behold, he racked up about 30 that year.

Same with Kane - I've seen him miss a couple of chances in games because he puts it just wide. And sometimes when he does score, it seems almost absurd that the ball somehow managed to creep into the goal.

TLDR: it's so great to see a player who is calm and lethal when shooting. Between Defoe, Adebayor, and Soldado in recent years, we were all tired of seeing chances thrown away/the ball being kicked as hard as possible at the goalkeeper's head.

:defoe:

Jimmy Greaves was known for passing the ball into the net, of course he had pace to burn and scored in many different ways. Kane has, as the top striker had, so many different ways of scoring goals. Sometimes he takes that extra second time and places it in the corner and some times he decides to shoot it harder. Decision making is one of his biggest strengths.

Jimmy Greaves was known for passing the ball into the net, of course he had pace to burn and scored in many different ways. Kane has, as the top striker had, so many different ways of scoring goals. Sometimes he takes that extra second time and places it in the corner and some times he decides to shoot it harder. Decision making is one of his biggest strengths.
He's also great at headers, which we saw in the derby :pochsmirk:

Decision making is one of his biggest strengths.
The England team will benefit from having him so much. Think he's got the right attributes for international football.

One positive of him being called up - I'd have though it was much less attractive for a young England international to sod off to Spain (and hence away from the attention of Hodgson).
Bale's never a doubt for the Welsh side, so he could do what the hell he wanted.

In short: FUCK OFF, PEREZ.

Edit: oh, and of course, if he started banging in goals for England, becoming the clean-cut poster boy for the national team... how many kids do you think would start becoming Spurs? He is potentially so fucking valuable. Could be a sponsorship magnet.
:levyeyes:

The England team will benefit from having him so much. Think he's got the right attributes for international football.

One positive of him being called up - I'd have though it was much less attractive for a young England international to sod off to Spain (and hence away from the attention of Hodgson).
Bale's never a doubt for the Welsh side, so he could do what the hell he wanted.

In short: FUCK OFF, PEREZ.

Edit: oh, and of course, if he started banging in goals for England, becoming the clean-cut poster boy for the national team... how many kids do you think would start becoming Spurs? He is potentially so fucking valuable. Could be a sponsorship magnet.
:levyeyes:

Thinke we should be ok for a while with Kane, he's a Spurs boy first and formost and part of a club that values young British players looking to get better, a club where the fans love him. Modric, Barba and Bale were never Spurs through and through despite being great players.

I hope he stays for life but even if he feels he needs to move on one day to win the Champions League being only 21 should give us 4-6 years with him at least, enough time to build a proper good team. I won't hate him if late in his career he does a Sheringham to look for trophies if things don't happen here, hopefully not going to another Prem team though. Still always hope he is a lifer, would become a proper legend.

So talking to my friend the other night... she tells me she is in fact related to Harry Kane.

They're like.. cousins in some way. In that way that all Irish people seem to be a bit related. But basically when he was younger they attended the same family gatherings. She also told me that he fancied a girl they knew but she turned him down "because he was fat". Theres a lesson to any of you with young daughters, don't let your girls grow up to be superficial ;)

Surprised dim tim hasn't taken any credit yet so far. . .

Not sure if sarcasm?

He already has claimed credit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Hotspur-down-to-me-claims-former-manager.html

"Truth be known, if Tottenham had had their way ... then Harry Kane would not have been Harry Kane today, because he would have been on loan at a Championship club to gain even more experience. And he would not have got his opportunity to play for Tottenham.

"The rest is history as far as he is concerned."

Back
Top Bottom