Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rofl, I'll give the man a little bit of credit, but the Harry Kane that we have seen under Pochettino is a different beast altogether than the kid who picked up a few run-outs from Sherwood.

I'll give Sherwood all the credit he wants for Bentaleb, but only about 25% for Kane.

It took huge balls for Pochettino to hand a starting spot to Kane when he was under such pressure, and over two veteran players sharing about 200k per week in salaries between themselves.

Same for Mason. Pochettino deserves all the credit that he'd like to claim for Mason. Sherwood liked to experiment with putting players like Sig and Chadli at center-midfield.
I did think Sherwood received some unfair stick but this is complete nonsense. I don't think any manager really deserves that much credit for Kane's development. Kane himself is the one who has earned the plaudits. Sure Sherwood started him but he produced with some goals last season then this season he was given cup games and Poch was reluctant to give him a chance in the Premier League. Harry kept plugging away putting in great performances when he got a chance until Poch really had no choice but to give him a chance and boy did Kane take it.

Sure managers have some control over players "breaking out" by putting them in the team but I think Harry Kane has 100% earned all the credit for the player he is through hard work and determination to strive for greatness.

Could you imagine Kane playing his whole career for us and banging in goals for 10+ years. He could be our Totti the though of it gives me a semi
Absolutely. And it would be abso-fucking-lutely epic. I love the way this team is coming together. The Academy guys have this amazing passion, and an awful lot of the guys we've brought in are great characters as well. It makes for a really fun team to cheer for.

I love the bloke but let's consider the idea of naming off-spring a tad premature....just like how your off-spring were born.

That was mean. I'm not a mean person, so I take that back.

Just watched the premier league legends program on Alan Shearer! He spoke highly of playing for the club he grew up with and loved! I hope Harry will be in the same boat 10-15 years down the track after smashing records!!!

Kane_3259669.jpg

Back
Top Bottom