Disco Benny

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ekotto is a bad egg. AVB got it spot on with these nuisances bringing the squad down. Yet he was villified and sacked by that clown Levy. Adebayor is another one with a shit attitude. AVB had to dial back the heavy training because of these clowns. Yet when Poch came in he reinstated it. what did we see?. Extra fitness that saw us running team ragged even though we had played 3 games in a week in some situations.

Ekotto's attitude of just coming for money and half arsed defending is why we never win anything. same goes for adeflop.
How can you say any of that. You weren't witness to any conversations and don't know any of those people personally. You're trying to pass off your own assumptions as facts.

This fella has mugged all of us off. He has been paid £15-£20M in salary during his time here, and for him to put up on his twitter feed "Freedom" on his leaving the club, what a classless cunt. He didn't have to do anything, he should have thanked the Spurs fans for their support, he could have just left with a bit of class.

Seriously think about it £15-£20m was he worth that? Did he ever give a shit? Many Spurs fans stood by him whilst whatever was going on behind the scenes, does he thank them for their support, does he fuck. What a cunt, fuck off and stick your shoe collection up your arse.
Im sure when you get treated shit by your employers you behave with class and dignity, before thanking them for the opportunity. You have no idea whats gone on, none of us do. You're acting like he's chosen whats happened?

Also I've not seen him show any disrespect towards tottenham fans. Even the ones swearing at hm and calling him a cunt on the internet (hows that for class?) This whole time he has kept quiet about what was going on, a few times he's said "the truth will come out one day" or words to that effect and now he's put up a picture saying freedom. Which tbh i probably would have done exactly the same thing in his situation. What the fuck is he supposed to say??? "Im really gutted to have left tottenham hotspur and I've really enjoyed my last few years here?"
If you dislike someone enough you can turn anything around to put them in a bad light.

Im sure when you get treated shit by your employers you behave with class and dignity, before thanking them for the opportunity. You have no idea whats gone on, none of us do. You're acting like he's chosen whats happened?

Also I've not seen him show any disrespect towards tottenham fans. Even the ones swearing at hm and calling him a cunt on the internet (hows that for class?) This whole time he has kept quiet about what was going on, a few times he's said "the truth will come out one day" or words to that effect and now he's put up a picture saying freedom. Which tbh i probably would have done exactly the same thing in his situation. What the fuck is he supposed to say??? "Im really gutted to have left tottenham hotspur and I've really enjoyed my last few years here?"
If you dislike someone enough you can turn anything around to put them in a bad light.
You just say "thanks for your support". 4 words that's all, just 4 words. He may hate the club, he may feel mistreated by the club, he doesn't have to acknowledge the club at all if that's how he feels. (There isn't a sportsman/woman on this planet that chooses to go online that is not abused by the weirdo's that live online).

You just say "thanks for your support". 4 words that's all, just 4 words. He may hate the club, he may feel mistreated by the club, he doesn't have to acknowledge the club at all if that's how he feels. (There isn't a sportsman/woman on this planet that chooses to go online that is not abused by the weirdo's that live online).
I think you're delusional mate. He's a human being not a media profile. Hardly seems fair to be criticising the guy for having feelings and emotions.
I dont understand why everyone is targeting BAE either? This was all the clubs decision clearly. They've obviously told him they don't want him training or anything. Its all well and good saying he's costing the club money and should just fuck off, but what can he do? He's not going to buy himself out of his contract is he ? He can't walk away. He's trapped, unable to sign for another club unless tottenham allow him to leave on a free, but who would want to sign a left back that hasn't played for 2 years?

I think you're delusional mate. He's a human being not a media profile. Hardly seems fair to be criticising the guy for having feelings and emotions.
I dont understand why everyone is targeting BAE either? This was all the clubs decision clearly. They've obviously told him they don't want him training or anything. Its all well and good saying he's costing the club money and should just fuck off, but what can he do? He's not going to buy himself out of his contract is he ? He can't walk away. He's trapped, unable to sign for another club unless tottenham allow him to leave on a free, but who would want to sign a left back that hasn't played for 2 years?
He is Mr media profile personified, his cult status is totally built from his twitter account. He is completely aware of his actions on twitter, hence his swan song. For me it simply lacks class, someone with class rises above the shit, that is what class is.

He is Mr media profile personified, his cult status is totally built from his twitter account. He is completely aware of his actions on twitter, hence his swan song. For me it simply lacks class, someone with class rises above the shit, that is what class is.
Again i disagree. He's not someone that uses the media to fuel an agenda. He famously has no agenda other than to just earn money to support his family for the rest of his life. These days, every player with a twitter account is labeled as a "social media hero" and whatever. Its ridiculous. BAE rarely tweets and a lot of the time its nonsense, or to do with charity he's supported in some way.

His "cult status" has absolutely nothing to do with twitter. Its all about his carefree attitude and approach to life. As well as his support of the local area and the fact he's upfront and honest about every aspect of his life.... except funnily enough, this whole episdoe of exile. Which is one thing that for me shows theres far more going on than we know about it.

The people calling him a cunt and telling him to "get the fuck out of our club" are just making themselves look incredibly ignorant. As for you saying he's lacking class, I'm still yet to understand how. Whats he done? Called anyone names? said the fans and club are cunts? No he's sent 4 tweets.

None of that is even worth mentioning.
But what i do know is he tweeted this in december

and has attended more tottenham games since he last played than the majority of people that are calling him a cunt and telling him to get out of "their" club.

Oh and i'll just leave this here...

tumblr_nj7plnYnsh1qbpv1zo1_540.jpg

What a horrible man he is eh

I don't see the point in posting that 'Freedom' message, after all it was just a job, what does he care? Come to work, get (extremely well paid, go home) what's to grumble about. He could have shown the club and supporters a bit more respect and gratitude for all the years we have stood by him.

That said I don't dislike him, there was a period when he was one of the top LBs in the league and he played very well for us - just seems to have lost his way since HR left. Best for both sides that he goes now.

Still have that "Je m'en fous Lol" t-shirt somewhere, and will remember him for the old times, the CL season, the Oyster card, the Smart car, the pineapple hair.

Shame it went to shit. Thought he was a good LB in his day. Can't comment on stuff that has gone on behind closed doors.

I don't see the point in posting that 'Freedom' message, after all it was just a job, what does he care? Come to work, get (extremely well paid, go home) what's to grumble about. He could have shown the club and supporters a bit more respect and gratitude for all the years we have stood by him.

That said I don't dislike him, there was a period when he was one of the top LBs in the league and he played very well for us - just seems to have lost his way since HR left. Best for both sides that he goes now.
Think he was just making a joke, probably to wind up all the melts giving him grief. I honestly don't understand why that shows a lack of respect at all. He's allowed an opinion on his own life, he's allowed to pass comment on the things that happen to him.
Goes without saying thats its best for all parties that he's left though.

Right… guy who jokes around on Twitter responds to being released with a joke… No, that can't be.

I know! In that King photo he's winding us up over getting done 0–2 at ours on the weekend. Monster.

Ekotto is a bad egg. AVB got it spot on with these nuisances bringing the squad down. Yet he was villified and sacked by that clown Levy. Adebayor is another one with a shit attitude. AVB had to dial back the heavy training because of these clowns. Yet when Poch came in he reinstated it. what did we see?. Extra fitness that saw us running team ragged even though we had played 3 games in a week in some situations.

Ekotto's attitude of just coming for money and half arsed defending is why we never win anything. same goes for adeflop.

AVB walked out, he wasnt sacked.

Again i disagree. He's not someone that uses the media to fuel an agenda. He famously has no agenda other than to just earn money to support his family for the rest of his life. These days, every player with a twitter account is labeled as a "social media hero" and whatever. Its ridiculous. BAE rarely tweets and a lot of the time its nonsense, or to do with charity he's supported in some way.

His "cult status" has absolutely nothing to do with twitter. Its all about his carefree attitude and approach to life. As well as his support of the local area and the fact he's upfront and honest about every aspect of his life.... except funnily enough, this whole episdoe of exile. Which is one thing that for me shows theres far more going on than we know about it.

The people calling him a cunt and telling him to "get the fuck out of our club" are just making themselves look incredibly ignorant. As for you saying he's lacking class, I'm still yet to understand how. Whats he done? Called anyone names? said the fans and club are cunts? No he's sent 4 tweets.

None of that is even worth mentioning.
But what i do know is he tweeted this in december

and has attended more tottenham games since he last played than the majority of people that are calling him a cunt and telling him to get out of "their" club.

None of what you are saying I am disagreeing with per se. People slagging him off on twitter are cunts, lowlife scum and trolls none of which I have time for and I am sure neither does he, little difference to those cunts that shout abuse from the touchline at our own players. Having followed him on twitter for a while he receives thousands of tweets from Spurs fans wanting him back during his time out on loan, for every hater there were hundreds that adored him and showed their love.

But upon leaving the club for which he played the bulk of his professional career, where he WAS supported and held in high esteem by the fans, he leaves with two fingers raised, (again, I don't care if he feels aggrieved with the club or not, even more so when non of us know what has gone on) but not a word to the fans that supported him, that reveals the man he really is.........a self centred cunt.

Football was a job to him and a job he had only ever really done at Tottenham. The "go out and play" style of Redknapp was exactly what someone like him needed and we saw the best of him in that time, Levy & co. decided the club wanted to go in the complete other direction with AVB and it just was never going to work with a player like him. His performances dipped and his casual persona obviously wasn't what AVB was after and he tried to shove him out.

Problem was Benny didn't really care about playing football and wasn't just going to go anywhere to play. He linked back up with Harry but he just couldn't get the motivation playing against the likes of Yeovil & Barnsley as he did back in the good times and he wasn't great even down at that level. I'm sure the club & his agent fielded some offers to move on but it just doesn't interest him. He had a contract to earn X amount from the 1 club/employer he had any affinity towards and was either offered less to go somewhere else he already didn't want to, or nobody in the whole world wanted him after seeing just how far he'd dropped off being one of the best LBs in the game.

Assou-Ekotto is anything but a black & white case that most people tend to think with football. He always saw it differently to all other players and I'm not surprised his exit to the game/club is also a bit different

Back
Top Bottom