January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas has played 20 out of 32 games (all comps) and is 2nd top scorer. He was out injured for a spell as well so I'd say he isn't a fringe player and is quite important for Everton. They have played one match since he got subbed after missing a penalty and guess what....he started.

They were apparently pretty clear he wasn't for sale too.

Ironically - some of those melts had valid points

Funny how you're unable to accept some might not think the Transfer window was a resounding success like in our clearly superior uberfan mind

I actually don't think the transfer window was a resounding success. I just think you're a gigantic hypocrite because you continually call others who criticize, "gooner trolls", and now you're losing your mind and suggesting we sign Podolski (a massive gooner cunt).

I actually don't think the transfer window was a resounding success. I just think you're a gigantic hypocrite because you continually call others who criticize, "gooner trolls", and now you're losing your mind and suggesting we sign Podolski (a massive gooner cunt).
I sad Podolski would have improved us - and would have welcomed him with a clear slate much like with Ade and Gallas - fair chance for everyone. Gooner troll is a behavioural pattern btw - not only your (previous) club of association

No

Does welcoming Podolski after Ade and Gallas make one a gooner troll?

No it does not.

You band around "Gooner troll blah blah blah" all the time - truth is you would never, ever say that to someones face, it's pretty much the most offensive thing you could say to a fellow spurs fan.

Out of curiosity, you cheer when Ade score for us, right?

That's why they brought in another player for his position?

Mirallas plays mostly on the left. Lennon is primarily a right winger. You are astounding in your lack of knowledge.

I sad Podolski would have improved us - and would have welcomed him with a clear slate much like with Ade and Gallas - fair chance for everyone. Gooner troll is a behavioural pattern btw - not only your (previous) club of association

And I've displayed that acting like a complete bellend when your team doesn't make signings is a gooner behavioural pattern...

he wouldnt cost 0 in the summer. a few mill compensastion as well as a wage bidding war with other clubs. so in the end u will probably save about 3 or 4 mil & thats if we beat off all the extra competition in the summer. we waste that amount all the time on fairly unknown signings who dont add much. dont see why u are ok with losing 5+ millon to signings like capoue.
Decent point.

But why are you laying accusations against me about Capoue?

Take the Ings example, Premier League survival is worth in the region of £70m, therefore why would you risk that by losing your top scorer? If I were a Burnley official I'd be asking well in excess of £30m, which is ridiculous for a player with 6 months left on contract, simply because I don't have to sell and I want to stay up.
Fine, if Burnley want £30m then you don't buy. But as people have indicated here, he MIGHT have been available for £20m or even less, we don't know. All we get is vague rumours we might bid £5m for him, which IF true is clearly ludicrous on our part.
But anyway, that's just one example. Players like Bony and Welbeck were available in the summer, Bony was available in January as well. I'm not a top scout, we're supposed to have top scouts. They can't find anyone better than Ade or Soldado for less than £30m, really?

We don't even need a top notch player, just someone who will put a shift in, if/when Kane is not available, and maybe score a goal or two.

No it does not.

You band around "Gooner troll blah blah blah" all the time - truth is you would never, ever say that to someones face, it's pretty much the most offensive thing you could say to a fellow spurs fan.
The posters whom I've called that in the past, I'm pretty sure weren't Spurs fans

Who are you btw - and what does this have to do with Transfers?

PM-me if you wanna take this further

Dunno why I try and be rational on here any more. Never really seen eye to eye with our friend Arcy on here but now I'm trying to have a reasonable debate and all you lot are trying to just cunt each other off.

:pochbye:

Mirallas plays mostly on the left. Lennon is primarily a right winger. You are astounding in your lack of knowledge.

And I've displayed that acting like a complete bellend when your team doesn't make signings is a gooner behavioural pattern...
Mirallas plays on both wings - you ignorance is laughable

Lennon has been part of an inverted winger set-up for years now

So wanting us to sign ONE decent player makes one a gooner? You're becoming a complete and utter joker in your quest to get one over me.

Dunno why I try and be rational on here any more. Never really seen eye to eye with our friend Arcy on here but now I'm trying to have a reasonable debate and all you lot are trying to just cunt each other off.
They need to get one over me for finding them out time after time - and now appear to have labelled fans Gooner Melts for demanding ONE transfer in the window

The posters whom I've called that in the past, I'm pretty sure weren't Spurs fans

Who are you btw - and what does this have to do with Transfers?

PM-me if you wanna take this further

I'm a Tottenham Hotspur supporter who thinks it's wrong to call other supporters gooner troll blah blah blah and my comments have nothing to do with transfers.

I've read here and elsewhere, 'don't worry if we miss out this year, we're building for the future, etc, etc'

To me that often smacks of the old 'jam tomorrow' promise.

Next year Rodders, we may well be millionaires. Then again Lloris might have left, Eriksen might have left, who knows.

We had a chance THIS window. 'Carpe diem!' (and no that doesn't mean 'moan every day', which some of my detractors might accuse me of :thumbup:) 'There is a tide in men's affairs .... '

For me, ENIC have wasted yet another opportunity, and the grisly prospect of Soldado doing the same, time and again, filling in for an absent Kane, depresses me greatly.

'He came from Sunny Spain, he never scored again'

It makes me shuddderrrrrr to think about the frustration of such a scenario.

Mirallas plays on both wings - you ignorance is laughable

Lennon has been part of an inverted winger set-up for years now

So wanting us to sign ONE decent player makes one a gooner? You're becoming a complete and utter joker in your quest to get one over me.

There's a way to convey disappointment without acting you're on Woolwich Fan TV and throwing a temper tantrum.

I have no interest in getting one over you. Any poster on here worth respecting has seen you get "found out" dozens and dozens and yet you persist in complete obliviousness. There's nothing for me to gain in getting one over on you because you aren't worth it and everyone respectable on the board knows that. I'm just bored.

But now I have things to do. Melt away in freedom, bulldog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom