January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas has hardly featured this season, especially after the penalty incident

Those were just some of many examples - there were options out there - deals were possible

The fact that he is very injuryprone and also might have a suspect attitude might also have been reasons why a deal never happenend?

ArcspacE ArcspacE

Whilst I do tend to agree with you to some extent with regard not making any first team/squad additions, at a time when it could have been very beneficial, it is also important to point out that you have been an horrendous cunt.

You have littered this thread, in contradiction to your own demands of relevance, with snarky bullshit directed at all those whose opinion differ. It has made following this discussion for me, an irregular poster, yet constant follower, a true fucking task.

It's like watching a spoilt child demand a present of his own at a friends birthday party.

Just so I don't bend the rules so blatantly laid out, I will add some transfer related content...

Thought Mirallas deal/loan would have been good. What do you think?

#dontreallycare

You have no right to call anyone ANYTHING considering you cheered Gallas and Ade playing for us

Gooner troll is a state of mind, btw

Gooner troll state of mind seems very closely associated with losing the mind over transfer windows.

Gooner troll state of mind seems very closely associated with losing the mind over transfer windows.

Ironically - some of those melts had valid points

Funny how you're unable to accept some might not think the Transfer window was a resounding success like in our clearly superior uberfan mind

Mirallas has hardly featured this season, especially after the penalty incident

Those were just some of many examples - there were options out there - deals were possible

Mirallas has played 20 out of 32 games (all comps) and is 2nd top scorer. He was out injured for a spell as well so I'd say he isn't a fringe player and is quite important for Everton. They have played one match since he got subbed after missing a penalty and guess what....he started.

ArcspacE ArcspacE

Whilst I do tend to agree with you to some extent with regard not making any first team/squad additions, at a time when it could have been very beneficial, it is also important to point out that you have been an horrendous cunt.

You have littered this thread, in contradiction to your own demands of relevance, with snarky bullshit directed at all those whose opinion differ. It has made following this discussion for me, an irregular poster, yet constant follower, a true fucking task.

It's like watching a spoilt child demand a present of his own at a friends birthday party.

Just so I don't bend the rules so blatantly laid out, I will add some transfer related content...

Thought Mirallas deal/loan would have been good. What do you think?

#dontreallycare
Thanks for your superb contribution, mate. Funny how you've picked up only on my remarks and 'contradictions' but blatantly ignored the continuous tirade of abuse, trolling, make-believe bullshit, fact-twisting and general vitriol spouted back. Almost as if you were pushing and agenda . .. No ways you would be. . Bozo

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31104357

OK, take a look and tell me who would have added the quality up front we needed?

Only Cuadrado or Bony are players who might add something significant. They were bought by clubs with vastly more resources than us.
There is usually someone if you have the ambition and the cash. A large bid for Ings at the start of the window, with having had talks with them beforehand, might have tempted Burnley as they could have bought someone else in plenty of time.

That's just an example. I'm not a top scout like those we pay a lot of money for. Would it really have been impossible to find a better alternative to Soldado or Adebayor? Seems unlikely to me.

Mirallas has played 20 out of 32 games (all comps) and is 2nd top scorer. He was out injured for a spell as well so I'd say he isn't a fringe player and is quite important for Everton. They have played one match since he got subbed after missing a penalty and guess what....he started.
Only 13 starts in the PL though - valid other points nonetheless

19 games in total (all comps) - average of 61 mins per game

Last edited:

Never let the truth get in the way of someone's thread wrecking and serious attention seeking.

:kaneshh:

The January transfer window is fucked up. No way we're paying the January premium for a player whose contract expires in 6 months. 10m for Ings sounds like a reasonable price to pay, but not compared to zero in the summer.
The January transfer window is fucked up. No way we're paying the January premium for a player whose contract expires in 6 months. 10m for Ings sounds like a reasonable price to pay, but not compared to zero in the summer.
he wouldnt cost 0 in the summer. a few mill compensastion as well as a wage bidding war with other clubs. so in the end u will probably save about 3 or 4 mil & thats if we beat off all the extra competition in the summer. we waste that amount all the time on fairly unknown signings who dont add much. dont see why u are ok with losing 5+ millon to signings like capoue.

There is usually someone if you have the ambition and the cash. A large bid for Ings at the start of the window, with having had talks with them beforehand, might have tempted Burnley as they could have bought someone else in plenty of time.

That's just an example. I'm not a top scout like those we pay a lot of money for. Would it really have been impossible to find a better alternative to Soldado or Adebayor? Seems unlikely to me.

Take the Ings example, Premier League survival is worth in the region of £70m, therefore why would you risk that by losing your top scorer? If I were a Burnley official I'd be asking well in excess of £30m, which is ridiculous for a player with 6 months left on contract, simply because I don't have to sell and I want to stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom