Burnley home fa cup

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You are right, it could get predictable, but would it be any predictable than the way things are at the minute? In my view, give 4th
place the cl, if the winners of the fa cup are
already in the top 3.

I just think it would make the fa cup great again, it will give it a prize worthy for the winners. Imagine a fa cup final, with the winners getting into the cl, it would make it much more interesting than this ridiculous " race for 4th ".....some journo's have suggested that if we were to put a weak team in the cl...ie wigan, then ueffa might take our place away, which is complete nonsense. if anything ueffa would love the fact that an english team has gone out early. And let's be honest, would wigan have been any more embarrassing than liverpool have been this year.?

In a one off game at Wembley, anyone can beat anyone, and for the prize to be cl league qualification, would really bring it back to where it use to be. It would also bring an end to this ridiculous 4th place nonsense. Give 4th place, to the europa league, can you imagine wengers face if that were to happen?
It's just my thought, but I can't see any negatives. Also scrapping the semi finals at Wembley would also help aswell.
A CL place for the FA Cup winners would be brilliant, as you say. But even if the FA wanted to do it, they'd have to persuade the Premier League - a completely separate organisation to the FA - to part with one of their beloved CL places. Of course, the PL would be very much opposed to this as it would be perceived as weakening their product, and the strongest (and most influential) teams would be opposed to it to. And then if the FA managed that, they'd also have to persuade UEFA to allow a cup winner into the CL, which would be unprecedented and would be completely against the way they've set their competitions up. It's a nice idea... but it's not gonna happen unless UEFA completely redesign their competitions.

Latest Tickets sales:

L
Ticket_sales.png
of tickets

Back
Top Bottom