Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leaving aside Sheffield United being a third division outfit, they were probably our only hope of reaching the final. Over two legs we'd probably get a tonking from either Liverpool or Chelsea, but in a one off Wembley game against either we'd have a chance.

We should beat Sheffield United, no disrespect.

dSHrsVA.jpg

I BELIEVE United will win, as my heart forces myself to every single time we play. I THINK we will lose though, that doesn't mean I should give up on the dream. Likewise you all (I presume) THINK and BELIEVE that Spurs will win, but that doesn't mean you should write off the possibility of an upset - which some of you have done. That's all I was getting at! Not trying to troll or annoy anyone, just wanted to make my point.

Best of luck for the games.
There's always a possibility - thats the beauty of football.
I hope you put in a good show and make the supporters proud.

.....and lose - of course! :)

LC semi>I can remember wining first leg 1-0 (CA) Highbury and losing second 1-2 after being 1-0 up (CA) WHL, then one up (CA) in reply (at WHL) only to go and lose the semi against GG scum 1-2. Still hurts. I have been scarred for life, never take a result for granted.
I know the game you mean, my dad still goes on about it! Think I was still in nappies at the time.

Some of the worst defeats in my time supporting Spurs have been LC semi finals. 1969 Woolwich - That was a watershed moment. Woolwich had been in our shadow all through the 60s, then this, a late winner. Two years later they won the double and our ascendancy in my lifetime was on its way to finish.

1972 Chelsea, boy that hurt. We led at the Bridge in the first leg, we were favourites to win the tie, then went out in the home leg as two Spurs legends, Jennings and Knowles, fucked it up and a soft Hudson free kick dribbled in to win the tie by a single goal.

87 - once more Woolwich, and once more it led to more Woolwich ascendancy as Graham's '1-0' team, and Wenger the Inheritor went on to a trophy binge in the 90s.

Mind you I absolutely loved our semi-final wins in 99, 2002, and 2008 :thumbup::coys::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you, much appreciated.

It is very rare that I lose my temper and have a rant, but I've had a totally shit day at work, had a scrape in my car all courtesy of a fucking useless estate agent and the bullshit this Sheffield United fan started spouting on a Spurs forum, just about topped it all.
It is absolutely spot on mate. People in glass houses should see the stones coming. It pissed me off & I'm on the piss in Prague.

I BELIEVE United will win, as my heart forces myself to every single time we play. I THINK we will lose though, that doesn't mean I should give up on the dream. Likewise you all (I presume) THINK and BELIEVE that Spurs will win, but that doesn't mean you should write off the possibility of an upset - which some of you have done. That's all I was getting at! Not trying to troll or annoy anyone, just wanted to make my point.

Man, you are so trolling lol.

I'm a fairly level headed guy, and it wouldn't even occur to me to go and register on another clubs forum and start posting. Even if we did a last minute goal against Woolich to win the league and leave them second, I still wouldn't go to the trouble. Rib my mates at work... sure. Troll forums... no.

Kinda sad. I pity you.

:coys:

Never give up on your dream but I think we will flog you 6-0.:coys:

You have to bear in mind though that when we lose to Pompey a few years ago, they were a premier league team, they now play in the same league as Sheffield United having lost every good player they had, so there is a huge gap in quality. I have respect for Sheffield United, they have knocked out two prem league teams - albeit ones that have finished lower than us for the last five, ten, years - but still, it's a fabulous achievement for a small club having already knocked out two prem league teams already. But, we are a bigger club than Wet Spam and Southampton. This is over two legs. I just don't see us losing, and there is nothing wrong with that. You can still respect a club while acknowledging the gap in quality. Why should we think a team two leagues below us has any chance over two legs? We have a lot more quality than they do. Would any of their squad make it into ours? Even on the bench? The two legs protects against freak results. I think over two legs we'll win by 3 or 4 goals. Sorry if Sheffield United fans don't like it, it's nothing personal, just realism.
This is Tottenham. Even if we were playing Barnet I wouldn't be that confident. But I hope you're right and it's an easy win....I just also hope the players don't go into the game thinking we are already in the final, because if they do, we will have a game on our hands. If the players turn up with the right attitude, then I think we'll be fine.

Can't wait to smash these whippet walking, flat cap wearing, Carlos Tevez blaming, rapist supporting, third rate shysters. COYS!
( no offence to Yorkshire, Yorkshire_Spurs, you're mint :adegrin:)

As I posted earlier in this thread, there's a big difference between being happy with a draw and arrogantly thinking you're already in the final...

Unless you get through, I wouldn't recommend it.

Already thinking about who you're getting in the final, eh?

I suppose I'll forgive this one as you'd probably want this even if you weren't in the competition.

:)

Alright.

Nice to be prepared I guess...
To be fair the bit you quoted from my post was written specifically as a bit of banter to wind you up. Obviously, In reality I really respect Sheffield Wednesday, they're a massive club and im certain that them or us will make it to the final. :soldadowatch::ade:

Back
Top Bottom