Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In context

Chadli was one person out of 40 000, doubt he thought anyone would see him let alone take notice of him spitting.
He is not English, to him the minute was the same as any other minute of silence (which are regularly had).
Footballers spit, a lot (pause), especially when they've been moving about (warm up was done) or there are flies. In fact I'd bet many spit out of habit.

There is a chance he did mean disrespect, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Even if he did mean disrespect I doubt he'd do something like that, if he was known for controversial social media posts or something it would make sense but the guy is professional.

He is not English, to him the minute was the same as any other minute of silence
I thought about that, but it wasn't a minutes silence (of which there are far too many IMO) it was the Last Post - impossible to miss the significance. Hardly the same as a silence for some old FA fossil - although still wrong.

I don't think he deserves a pass, but without knowing context, it's not worth a cunting either.

Hopefully, someone at the club will take him aside and tell him to watch his timing and realise what's going on around him.

Anyway, we've all been posting whilst the Festival of Remembrance was in the telly. I've just had a cunting off on Facebook from my mate for not being respectful. Wonder where the line is?

I don't think he deserves a pass, but without knowing context, it's not worth a cunting either.

Hopefully, someone at the club will take him aside and tell him to watch his timing and realise what's going on around him.

Anyway, we've all been posting whilst the Festival of Remembrance was in the telly. I've just had a cunting off on Facebook from my mate for not being respectful. Wonder where the line is?

I'll stop gobbing for two minutes at 11am on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Cheap shot, and I will answer no, of course not. I think spitting during a Remembrance Day ceremony is a cunts trick.
It was a cheap shot, my apologies. I guess this is a dividing issue because i really can't see the problem. Are you insinuating this was some sort of protest? There's absolutely no way on earth Chadli doesn't care about people that have died in the past. If he wanted to make a point, he would have just tweeted about it or worn a tshirt saying "War? What is it good for?" (Absolutely nothing) Or something like that. Yeah, it wasn't the best time to spit... But its a spit. Ffs. I don't even care enough to type, lets just leave it there:kaboullol:

It was a cheap shot, my apologies. I guess this is a dividing issue because i really can't see the problem. Are you insinuating this was some sort of protest? There's absolutely no way on earth Chadli doesn't care about people that have died in the past. If he wanted to make a point, he would have just tweeted about it or worn a tshirt saying "War? What is it good for?" (Absolutely nothing) Or something like that. Yeah, it wasn't the best time to spit... But its a spit. Ffs. I don't even care enough to type, lets just leave it there:kaboullol:
Happy to mate, and I'm not insinuating that it was a protest. I'm just disappointed it was a Spurs player caught on camera, wearing the shirt, that didn't have the nous to realise that it might - just might - be seen as disrespectful.

Really...?
Yes I am disappointed - what's so odd about that? What's your take on it? Should the whole team have been wading knee deep in a sea of expectorant? Is it not so hard to keep your mouth shut and gob at the end? Also he could offer more on the pitch but I've prostituted myself now like the whore that I am. Leave me alone - all of you.

Last edited:
The line is Tuesday 11th November. 100 years since start of WW1. Chaldi needs a history lesson delivered visually, just in case he cannot read.

Back
Top Bottom