Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Try him up front tbh. Only player who looks like regularly scoring, but doesn't quite do enough in general play to warrant being a winger imo. Has a lot of useful traits that could come in handy up top, height, strength, control, decent turns with his back to goal etc.
Just came on here to say something similar. I hadn't seen a replay of his goal until now (wasn't particularly in the mood to watch MotD2, as might be expected), and it was one hell of a sweet strike.
Considering the way he scored from a corner against Villa, the guy seems to have an ability to put the ball away if given half a chance in the box.

As has been said, he's not the fastest or most wonderful dribbler of the ball, so playing him out wide may well be somewhat of a waste. By moving him centrally, we could use him directly as a striker and perhaps bring in that dynamic LW who may improve the side. It would certainly let us counter attack more effectively.

Just came on here to say something similar. I hadn't seen a replay of his goal until now (wasn't particularly in the mood to watch MotD2, as might be expected), and it was one hell of a sweet strike.
Considering the way he scored from a corner against Villa, the guy seems to have an ability to put the ball away if given half a chance in the box.

As has been said, he's not the fastest or most wonderful dribbler of the ball, so playing him out wide may well be somewhat of a waste. By moving him centrally, we could use him directly as a striker and perhaps bring in that dynamic LW who may improve the side. It would certainly let us counter attack more effectively.

I think that this is absolute spot on, it would definitely solve the issue of him flitting in and out of games, as he wouldn't have to be so energetic and involved playing up top. The only problem or me is that we don't particular have another decent left winger to fill the void, read that as "Townsend is shit".

I personally think that he's the perfect LW and that there's no reason to move him. It's tough to find wingers that score like he's been doing so having one is a luxery. I think we're better off looking for a striker. But I also wonder why people say he's not a wonderful dribbler. He is so smooth on the ball and has fantastic control. Reminds me a little bit of Moussa on the ball but not as effective. Regardless, I think we can all agree that he's been amazing this season and I hope it continues. He looks to be a steal for what we paid for him.

anyone got a gif of that goal??

Happy to oblige Oz.
image.png

Lads, what on earth is going on with Chadli's injury?

We have nothing but a Goal article!
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

E Adebayor..............Back Injury....................................no return date
N Chadli....................Knee Injury....................................no return date
A Townsend.............Ankle/Foot Injury..........................no return date
D Rose......................Chest Injury....................................no return date
K Walker....................Groin/Pelvis Injury.......................6th Dec 14

Ahh the old 'Back Injury'.... no evidence to historically link that to being dropped

San Diego Spurs were singing this today:

I know a lad that bleeds white 'n blue
He's a yid like me and you
Comes from Belgium plays for Tottenham
Put him up front no one can stop him
Nacer Chadli!

Back
Top Bottom