Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion (Sun 21st Sep)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

!
You're right - I think there's some poison in that dressing room.

Or maybe we need an exorcist rather than a new manager?

It's a product of the players knowing they wield the power at Tottenham. The sooner Levy squashes that trend the better so the players know they better do their job or they'll get the axe. AVB got burned by it too because Ade didn't like what the ginger one expected of him. Should've kept Arry if we were gonna build the team around Ade up front and VDV too, I still miss him, proper passion ffs LEVY YOU CUNT

We have a training ground with pitches made from the same grasses as are used at other Prem grounds so we can get a better idea of how it plays, apparently. I think it would be remiss of whoever decided to go in to such detail to forget to have a pitch the same as the Lane!
I think that much-vaunted new training centre is making our players too comfy. They can't seem to bring their skills from the training pitch into the matches.

I've been talking to my agent and he says that if Tottenham don't start matching my ambition, he can get me a contract supporting Real Madrid or Inter.

I'm going to wait until the end of the season but if we've not made Champions League, I'll be off.

At this stage in my football career, I need to be competing for the top trophies.

I think that much-vaunted new training centre is making our players too comfy. They can't seem to bring their skills from the training pitch into the matches.

bet they feel proper world class quality leaving training hopping into their Bentleys, Ferraris, etc.....

:bae:

We have a training ground with pitches made from the same grasses as are used at other Prem grounds so we can get a better idea of how it plays, apparently. I think it would be remiss of whoever decided to go in to such detail to forget to have a pitch the same as the Lane!
Well it would be pretty Spursy of us, why are we better away from home?

Sorry chaps, not going to make myself feel even worse by reading the last 30 odd pages, but my tuppence worth on today's performance/non performance:
1. Apart from Younes, maybe Rose and Lamela - the rest of them need to give themselves a severe talking to, shambolic is the politest word I can think of to describe today's game.
2. What the heck is Poch doing playing Vlad in front of Jan and every other CB we have at the club?
3. When Ade is not up for it, it is obvious from the start that he is going to be a waste of space, so why not bring on Bobby earlier, as neither of them are up to playing as the lone striker.
4. Why is Paulie the only Brazilian who can't score from an overhead kick - hasn't he watched 'Escape to Victory' to see how it is done?
5. I know we have a bad reputation for not getting behind the team sometimes, but the players have to shoulder some of the responsibility, as they have to give us something to cheer about.
6. Where were the shots on goal, by the laws of averages, we need to make some chances to be successful - I'd rather we hit Row Z than try to walk it in every time.
7. Not that I'm advocating getting rid of Poch, but as far as I could see - different manager, same old dog poo.
PS - The only thing that raised a wry smile was on the way home - brilliant banner outisde the Beehive, near Bruce Grove station - picture of Levy, with the words "More ales than I have had managers".

Hope we do better against Forest!

I've been talking to my agent and he says that if Tottenham don't start matching my ambition, he can get me a contract supporting Real Madrid or Inter.

I'm going to wait until the end of the season but if we've not made Champions League, I'll be off.

At this stage in my football career, I need to be competing for the top trophies.

I know you joke, but you do realise you speak for quite a vast number* of Modern Football Supporters! (*exact numbers not necessarily accurate at time of writing!)

There's a tiny part of me that still would almost sadistically like to see what would happen to our fanbase if we 'DARED' get relegated one year!!

There's some will still tell you that 1977/78 was one of the best spent supporting the club!

wouldn't have anything to do with the atmosphere our super fans have created in recent times would it

a big problem with Tottenham is the negativity amonst the fans which tbf to the masses of misery loving cunts Levy played a fair part in whipping up

Fuck me it'd take something not to be made negative during today's game a lot of it was absolutely dreadful, the number of grossly mis-placed passes under no pressure at all by players on £30k, £40k, £50k.....£100k a week. Completely woeful.

why do people waste energy on ripping into vlad and kaboul. lamela was mostly at fault for the goal....
Respectfully disagree. It was a lack of defensive communication.
Lamela & Ade play a 2 man zone on corners. Capoue started marking Lescott, but got picked and switched to Dawson, I think. Both Kab & Paulinho followed Lescott and left Morrison unmarked for an easy header. Seemed like Paulinho was marking Morrison, but just let him go free.

that's why he needs time and the full backing of the board and fans so these negative cunts get weeded out and we start to make some real progress

otherwise what's the fucking point if the players are gonna get kept around playing like pish but proven good managers are gonna get cunted off and expected to replace world class players with potential however great
:sherwoodlol:

I know you joke, but you do realise you speak for quite a vast number* of Modern Football Supporters! (*exact numbers not necessarily accurate at time of writing!)

There's a tiny part of me that still would almost sadistically like to see what would happen to our fanbase if we 'DARED' get relegated one year!!

There's some will still tell you that 1977/78 was one of the best spent supporting the club!

This sounds a bit weird but I wouldn't object to dropping a couple of divisions, losing the glory hunters and hipsters and starting again.

Not sure if anyone else towards the back of Block 35 heard it today, but some bloke behind me started chanting:

'We're Tottenham Hotspur, We'll always be shit'

I've never heard that at WHL (from the home fans anyway) before, and I'm sure it was still 0-0 at the time. Although, what I found more shocking was that I am sure he was the same guy who had started most of the usual positive songs throughout.

I heard a couple other fans shout fuck-off back to him, and something along the lines of go and support Woolwich. I cannot quite believe the mentality of some of our fans, but my biggest concern is the match on Saturday if we perform like that again.

Last edited:
You'd have thought that we'd be used to these Sunday KO's, seeming as we have had 25 of them since last season. What could the problem be? Ade, Dembele, Vlad, Kaboul, Rose did not travel. Capoue had15 mins and Lamela 30. Only Lloris travelled and played 90.
So, the reason for these dreadful displays, maybe Saturday nights?
For the life of me I don't understand why Vertonghen is not starting in the EPL.
How many more times are we going to let this EL f-uck us up. It's not worth it. The final will either have a CL team drop out team in it, or a CL drop out team win it.
So, MP has bought Fazio, Davies and Stambouli to play in the EL. We give JV a new contract and don't play him in the EPL? How has that sorted out our defence? We are playing with the same back 4 as last year.

Pre season the team had better movement, shape, inter changing and passing with Lamela, Soldado, Lennon, Kane, Capoue and Mason.
Now we have to accommodate Chadli, Eriksen, Paulinho and Dembele. Only one of them. Pauly, finds spaces. He may be shit at shooting but at least he does when he has the chance. Lamela, well at least he tries. He tries too hard.
Sorry to single out, but has nobody realised Dembele is waste of time? Tell me what he contributes considering he is not playing as a defensive midfielder, but the box to box.
Get the ball, skip left, put you arm out, hold him off. Stop, turn and play it sideways or back. Does he ever get near the box, shoot or pass forwards. Does he ever find that killer ball? He is the most overrated player we have ever had. I see his potential, but guys, he's not going to realise it.
When you play 4231 you need attacking full backs. At present we only have one. You also need one of the 2 in front of defence to link with the front. He's the one that should be all over the place. He should be the man coming through from midfield. Going past Eriksen, linking up with Eriksen.Giving their defence headaches and drawing people out of position. It's as if he has a device installed that stops him from going 60yds forward before he has to check and pass sidewards.
As it is Adebayor stands in the middle of 4 defenders back to goal. Eriksen is isolated receiving ball to feet with his back to goal. Lamela comes in off the right leaving us less width as we have no attacking RB. It's all easy for the opposition defence. There are no surprises. It's easy for Four players to control 3 of ours and 4 defenders control Ade. Capoue, Dembele or anyone else is venturing forward.

There are NO positives to be taken from today.
I don't really care about losing games but the total lack of fight from all but 2 or 3 of our players was disgraceful. We have had two shots on target in the last 180 mins of football. We are supposed to be a top 6 team.

If we defend like that against Woolwich it is going to be a cricket score.

PS - The only thing that raised a wry smile was on the way home - brilliant banner outisde the Beehive, near Bruce Grove station - picture of Levy, with the words "More ales than I have had managers".

Saw that too - a highlight indeed! But the best bit about the whole game for me was seeing that fat guy miss the goal 3 times at half-time from the edge of the box! Although he did at least find the net once which is more than we can say for the rest of them. Actually fuck it, let's sign him up.

Not sure if anyone else towards the back of Block 35 heard it today, but some bloke behind me started chanting:

We're Tottenham Hotspur, We'll always be shit'

I've never heard that at WHL (from the home fans anyway) before, and I'm sure it was still 0-0 at the time. Although, what I found more shocking was that I am sure he was the same guy who had started most of the usual positive songs throughout.

I heard a couple other fans shout fuck-off back to him, and something along the lines of go and support Woolwich. I cannot quite believe the mentality of some of our fans.
I've been going Spurs since the 70's and he ain't really that wrong is he? I mean has it not always been one step forward and two steps back, bad luck, decisions and false dawns. That's Spurs. Even when we did get into the promised land we done f-uck all about it.
You could not accuse me of being fair-weather and fickle. I went all home and away games when we were in the 2nd division. You'd never get many of our fans singing someones name if they missed a pen in a European final shoot out anymore, but then not many other places these days.
However, I think these current crop of players are not as great as we think they are. It's early doors but surely some should know what expected by now. I'm sick of the same old b-ollocks followed by the same old sound bytes. Learn from the mistakes and don't repeat them ffs.
Pass and Move into space. Work hard for each other and bury your chances. Concentrate for 90 mins. You could forgive the loss if you saw the passion, commitment and signs of improvement.
We will always be shit if we put up with these performances time and time again. Just look at twitter to see how f-ucking upset they are at letting the club down for the umpteenth time.

Back
Top Bottom