Benjamin Stambouli

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've signed a young guy with talent that didn't cost much and who's price will only go up. How awful of Levy, to try and keep our club afloat. Don't know why everyone is making such a big fuss about this? We've swapped Holtby and Sandro for Stambouli. I honestly cannot see the downside there. One player that can do at least the same as two.
I know everyone loves Sandro but lets face it, since his injury he's been a shadow of his former self. If he goes to QPR and does ok we get what, 12 million for him? and we're 7 million up and no worse off. If He regains form we get a great player back and can sell Stambouli. Thats not even taking Holtby into account who is basically surplus anyway.

Um , Sandro has been sold hasn't he, not loaned. He's gone mate, if he goes full beast again then QPR will probably get £18-20m for him if they want to sell. Holtby was loaned, the surplus one is the one we may get back !

Dont know anything about this fella but if hes got an engine then thats what Poch likes, gotta back the manager (and the player)

Hoping he will do very well for us.
You tube stuff shows he looks fwd - poch will like that.
Also read that Bisela has tried to get him, maybe Poch and Bisela spoke about him.

So Stambouli next to Capoue to shield the back whilst we let full backs and wingers really push on? Or is Stambouli going to be competition for Capoue? Interested to see how he fits in.
Apparently, Benji is more of a 'sit in front of the back 4 and screen attacks' kind of midfielder, so I'd imagine he would fit in next Capoue and do the old Sandro job i.e. fuck shit up for the opposition.

I'd say he is rotation with Capoue, watching the games do far Capoue drops back as the central defender when we're in possession a lot of the time and the other centre backs split wide when the full backs push on. Stambouli seems a similar player from the very very little I've seen of his YouTube. Handsome fucker though :ledleylick:

Very eloquent fellow, I like, was he Montpellier captain? We've signed so many captains from other teams and none of them have seemed to command that leadership here, though the language barrier is an obvious issue and I wouldn't expect someone who hasn't been here at least a year to grab the armband. But Vert, Loris, Fazio, Capoue, Chiriches, Soldado were all captains at their previous clubs. Surely we have more character in the dressing room than we showed Sunday, sorry for my blatant disregard of the many threads that actually involve the topics I just pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom